Are You Qualified to be the Executioner?

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Stripe, you have no idea what a rational argument is.
:darwinsm:

OP and your other posts make your position clear: You think John 8 eliminates the death penalty. It could only do that through "he without sin" and "go and sin no more." This would eliminate all attempts to convict or assert justice.

Yet you present your own idea of how criminals should be punished. You make the law of no effect and you're a hypocrite.

As to the Law, it is what Paul said it should be: my teacher.

It's a pity you're a useless student.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
As to the Law, it is what Paul said it should be: my teacher.

So what did you learn? that the law is of no consequence? That the law is not to be applied or referred to to enact justice? Is justice to be applied on mans terms or the terms God himself laid out. Gods Law is a blueprint for societal order & justice, where when Jesus used the phrase "to he without sin cast the first stone" was used in the context to teach mercy to a lawless rabble seeking to catch the Son of God defying the law. He never defied the law or made it void by pointing out the sin of the accusers in this individual teaching nor does it prove that God demands no consequence or justice to be applied in society. It certainly doesn't make the assertion that the death penalty was made void with advent of Jesus Christ & the New Testament.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
:darwinsm:

OP and your other posts make your position clear: You think John 8 eliminates the death penalty. It could only do that through "he without sin" and "go and sin no more." This would eliminate all attempts to convict or assert justice.

Yet you present your own idea of how criminals should be punished. You make the law of no effect and you're a hypocrite.

It's a pity you're a useless student.

I think that John 8 certainly raises the standard as to when it should be applied.

As to the rest of your "argument", well, an ad hominem fallacy is the last resort of one who has no argument.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
So what did you learn? that the law is of no consequence? That the law is not to be applied or referred to to enact justice? Is justice to be applied on mans terms or the terms God himself laid out. Gods Law is a blueprint for societal order & justice, where when Jesus used the phrase "to he without sin cast the first stone" was used in the context to teach mercy to a lawless rabble seeking to catch the Son of God defying the law. He never defied the law or made it void by pointing out the sin of the accusers in this individual teaching nor does it prove that God demands no consequence or justice to be applied in society. It certainly doesn't make the assertion that the death penalty was made void with advent of Jesus Christ & the New Testament.
What troubles me is the gleeful desire so many "Christians" here have to kill. So many here would rather kill than save. What kind of witnes is that for the Man who died so you would not have to.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
What troubles me is the gleeful desire so many "Christians" here have to kill. So many here would rather kill than save. What kind of witnes is that for the Man who died so you would not have to.

I don't see this debate as a gleeful desire to kill, nor is that my assertion but, I will say that the heinous crimes in our society should be met with the most extreme punishment up to, and including the death penalty. I don't believe that God has changed, his laws are just & true, certainly mercy should be extended in some cases yes but, in other cases it should be applied for the good of society.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I think that John 8 certainly raises the standard as to when it should be applied.
But you're not going to explain any of this. You're just going to pretend you have some profound understanding.

As to the rest of your "argument", well, an ad hominem fallacy is the last resort of one who has no argument.

Nope. The only reasoning available to you from John 8 is "him without sin" and "sin no more."

How this translates to "raising the standard" is anybody's guess.

Emotionalism and nonsense.

Quit posting spam.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Seriously, you need it explained? Just look at the "Of Mice & Men" example again. Did Lennie mean to kill Curly's wife? No, did she die, yes, was it a heinous crime? No. Was it a tragedy? Yes. Do the math.
You do the math.
One is DEAD because of Lennie's mental handicap.
And he could kill again just as easily.
How many "tragedies" are we suppose to allow Lennie to have?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
... was it a heinous crime? No.

Ok so it looks like you're just defining "heinous" to mean whatever you want it to mean

Since it doesn't mean anything at all, let's stop paying attention to it, treat it like a tourettes outburst you can't control

The only questions that matter are:

1. Did lenny kill curly's wife?
2. Did lenny know that killing curly's wife was wrong?
3. Should lenny be punished for killing curly's wife?
4. What punishment should be given to lenny for killing curly's wife?

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
I don't see this debate as a gleeful desire to kill, nor is that my assertion but, I will say that the heinous crimes in our society should be met with the most extreme punishment up to, and including the death penalty. I don't believe that God has changed, his laws are just & true, certainly mercy should be extended in some cases yes but, in other cases it should be applied for the good of society.
What good is there to society in executing a child as some here advocate? A woman kills her aggressively abusive husband. She saved society from him, does she deserve to be killed as well?
Yes, there are times when people should be executed. I don't think that we as representatives of God's forgiveness in our lives should be the ones leading the charge for more executions.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
But you're not going to explain any of this. You're just going to pretend you have some profound understanding.

Nope. The only reasoning available to you from John 8 is "him without sin" and "sin no more."

How this translates to "raising the standard" is anybody's guess.

Emotionalism and nonsense.

Quit posting spam.

Do you want to stone adulterers?

Arthur Brain

You do the math.
One is DEAD because of Lennie's mental handicap.
And he could kill again just as easily.
How many "tragedies" are we suppose to allow Lennie to have?

So it wasn't a "heinous crime" then was it? Lennie didn't have any evil intent so he shouldn't be treated as a criminal who kills in cold blood. Your solution just seems to be to kill Lennie as oppose to him being given care and separated from the public.