Are You Qualified to be the Executioner?

quip

BANNED
Banned
Is it ever just to kill an innocent person,

In general, no.
Though in my (relative) view killing someone who's attracted to the same sex is killing an innocent.. while I'll assume you'd likewise consider yourself innocent in regard to an Islamic fundamentalist chopping your head off in the "justified" glory of Allah.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
That is the wrong question, since it implies that we enjoy the death of the wicked.

Ezekiel 18:23
23 Have I any pleasure at all that the wicked should die? saith the Lord God: and not that he should return from his ways, and live?​

The right question is whether adulterers are worthy of death according to the judgment of God.

Romans 1:32
32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.​

The right question is whether adultery is a sin unto death.

1 John 5:16-17
16 If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.
17 All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death.​

The question remains: Do YOU want to stone adulterers? You can parse it any way you like but are you willing to cast that first stone?

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The question remains: Do YOU want to stone adulterers? You can parse it any way you like but are you willing to cast that first stone?
Correctly convicted adulterers should be executed. Personalizing the topic is just a play at emotionalism.

You haven't got a rational argument. You want the law abolished, but you pretend "fulfilled" means it has been overturned. You want "fulfilled" to mean no more executions, but you still want punishments. You quote the Bible because you want to be seen as being scriptural, but everything you say undermines the gospel.

You're a stupid, useless addition to almost every discussion.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
I want a society in which adultery is recognized as being a capital offense and is, thus, virtually nonexistent. Towards that end, yes, I'd be willing to cast the first stone. And the second.

Correctly convicted adulterers should be executed. Personalizing the topic is just a play at emotionalism.

You haven't got a rational argument. You want the law abolished, but you pretend "fulfilled" means it has been overturned. You want "fulfilled" to mean no more executions, but you still want punishments. You quote the Bible because you want to be seen as being scriptural, but everything you say undermines the gospel.

You're a stupid, useless addition to almost every discussion.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

ok doser at least has the courage of his convictions. You, Stripe, utterly lack any courage in your convictions.

This thread, this topic is all about making it personal. That is EXACTLY what Jesus did when addressed the crowd that brought the woman before him This thread is about looking into yourself and asking if you have met the standard Christ established for casting the first stone and if you have the courage of those convictions.

genuineoriginal

The real question you are asking is whether you are willing to believe what God says.

Was God wrong to say that the adulterers are to be put to death?

Leviticus 20:10
10 And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.​

Was God wrong to say that the witnesses are to be the first to put them to death, followed by the rest of the community?

Deuteronomy 17:7
7 The hands of the witnesses shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterward the hands of all the people. So thou shalt put the evil away from among you.​

Was God wrong to say that the witnesses had to be investigated by the judges before anyone was to be put to death?

Deuteronomy 19:16-20
16 If a false witness rise up against any man to testify against him that which is wrong;
17 Then both the men, between whom the controversy is, shall stand before the Lord, before the priests and the judges, which shall be in those days;
18 And the judges shall make diligent inquisition: and, behold, if the witness be a false witness, and hath testified falsely against his brother;
19 Then shall ye do unto him, as he had thought to have done unto his brother: so shalt thou put the evil away from among you.
20 And those which remain shall hear, and fear, and shall henceforth commit no more any such evil among you.​

If God is not wrong, then why are you fighting against Him?

quip

BANNED
Banned
I am not interfering when I say that God has determined that there are crimes/sins that are so vile that the offender must be put to death to rid the community of the evil.

Then allow God to do his thing. Your commentary only serves your self-righteous ego.

genuineoriginal

Then allow God to do his thing. Your commentary only serves your self-righteous ego.
By allowing God to determine His judgement, on His own terms? :think:
What are you talking about?
I am not declaring some standard I have created, but I am declaring the standard given by God.
Your argument is that the standard you created does not match God's standard, therefore I must be self-righteous somehow.
:kookoo:

It seems YOUR the one arrogant enough to presume God's will.
It seems MY the one arrogant enough to presume God's will????

Would you like to buy a vowel and an apostrophe?
Spoiler
your.png

quip

BANNED
Banned
What are you talking about?
I am not declaring some standard I have created, but I am declaring the standard given by God.
Your argument is that the standard your created does not match God's standard, therefore I must be self-righteous somehow.
:kookoo:

It seems MY the one arrogant enough to presume God's will????

Would you like to buy a vowel and an apostrophe?
Spoiler
your.png

Standards of God vary like the seasons. It's the ones intent on declaring their version the loudest who hold the least faith in Him.
Have faith that God will mete out his justice as He seems fit. Your declarations mean nothing ....save your self-righteous insecurities.