Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are You Qualified to be the Executioner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CabinetMaker View Post
    Do you want to stone adulterers?
    That is the wrong question, since it implies that we enjoy the death of the wicked.

Ezekiel 18:23
    23 Have I any pleasure at all that the wicked should die? saith the Lord God: and not that he should return from his ways, and live?

The right question is whether adulterers are worthy of death according to the judgment of God.

Romans 1:32
    32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

The right question is whether adultery is a sin unto death.

1 John 5:16-17
    16 If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.
    17 All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death.

Learn to read what is written.

_____
    The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

Comment

Originally posted by genuineoriginal View Post
      That is the wrong question, since it implies that we enjoy the death of the wicked.
      Don't you though?
      Or at the very least enjoy dispensing justice upon the wicked ....on the behalf of God?
      _/\_

Christians: "I - a stranger and afraid - in a world I never made.." -- Houseman

Comment

Originally posted by quip View Post
        Don't you though?
        Or at the very least enjoy dispensing justice upon the wicked ....on the behalf of God?
        Say to them: ‘ As I live,’ says the Lord God, ‘I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but that the wicked turn from his way and live. Turn, turn from your evil ways! For why should you die, O house of Israel?’ - Ezekiel 33:11 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...1&version=NKJV

Comment

Originally posted by JudgeRightly View Post
          Say to them: ‘ As I live,’ says the Lord God, ‘I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but that the wicked turn from his way and live. Turn, turn from your evil ways! For why should you die, O house of Israel?’ - Ezekiel 33:11 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...1&version=NKJV
          You're not the Lord God.
          _/\_

Comment

Don't you though?
            No, I don't enjoy the death of the wicked, but I am wise enough to see the necessity.

_____
            The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
            ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

Comment

No, I don't enjoy the death of the wicked, but I am wise enough to see the necessity.
              Yet arrogant enough to determine/demand its degree?
              _/\_

Comment

You're not the Lord God.
                I didn't claim to be.

I am, however, a Christian, called to be like Christ, who is God.

Comment

Yet arrogant enough to determine its degree?
                  Scripture says that people who commit crimes worthy of death should be put to death.

You're attempting to make an appeal to motive. That is a logical fallacy.

Comment

I didn't claim to be.

I am, however, a Christian, called to be like Christ, who is God.
                    Good, then speak for yourself...not God.
                    _/\_

Comment

Scripture says that people who commit crimes worthy of death should be put to death.
                      And you rejoice carrying out those particular scriptures. QED
                      _/\_

Comment

Yet arrogant enough to determine/demand its degree?
                        I am humble enough to accept the judgment of One who is qualified to determine the degree of punishment that is suitable.

Leviticus 20:10
                        10 And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.

_____
                        ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

Comment

I am humble enough to accept the judgment of One who is qualified to determine the degree of punishment that is suitable.

Leviticus 20:10
                          10 And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.
                          Then give it up to God. He doesn't need your interference.
                          _/\_

Comment

And you rejoice carrying out those particular scriptures. QED
                            So we're not allowed to rejoice when justice is served?

Comment

So we're not allowed to rejoice when justice is served?
                              Why would you?

Re: Matt 7
                              _/\_

Comment

Why would you?

Re: Matt 7
                                Because justice is good and so rare these days.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
                                Where is the evidence for a global flood?
                                E≈mc2
                                "the best maths don't need no stinkin' numbers"

"The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
                                -Bob B.

Comment

Working...
                                X