What Kind Of Person Could "Execute" A Child?

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
What would you forgive him of? Murder or taking someone you love from you?
I would not condemn them for murder.

Please provide the passage.

[h=1]Romans 2:12-16 New International Version (NIV)[/h] 12 All who sin apart from the law will also perish apart from the law, and all who sin under the law will be judged by the law. 13 For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God’s sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous. 14 (Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law. 15 They show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts sometimes accusing them and at other times even defending them.) 16 This will take place on the day when God judges people’s secrets through Jesus Christ, as my gospel declares.

The entire world is under the law.

See Romans 2 immediately above.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That claim was made early in this thread, that a child accidentally killing somebody was guilty of a capital crime.
Well, I'm not going to look for that post, but guaranteed it was either made by a complete retard or you completely misread it.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I would not condemn them for murder.

I didn't ask about condemning them. I asked if you would forgive them, and for what.

Could you answer the question I asked, and not the question you wanted me to ask?

What would you forgive them for? Murder or taking a loved one away from you?

[h=1]Romans 2:12-16 New International Version (NIV)[/h] 12 All who sin apart from the law will also perish apart from the law, and all who sin under the law will be judged by the law. 13 For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God’s sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous. 14 (Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law. 15 They show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts sometimes accusing them and at other times even defending them.) 16 This will take place on the day when God judges people’s secrets through Jesus Christ, as my gospel declares.

"They show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness and their thoughts sometimes accusing them and at other times even defending them."

That sounds like law.

See Romans 2 immediately above.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Yes, I would agree. But what about the 6 year old child who was playing with a gun who accidentally kills a family member. Set aside all the stuff about whether a loaded gun should have been accessible or about teaching gun safety to a child and just deal with the question as asked. Is a six year old who accidentally shoots and kills a family member guilty of a capitol crime?

Well, if you profane God by killing people who should not die, and keeping people alive who should not live, it seems like if one does the opposite, kill people who should die, and keep people alive who should live, then God will be glorified.

I'm reminded of a news headline when a criminal was executed in some other country. It read "God Exists!"

:think:

Because you're too squeamish. You try to make an emotional argument against us, and then expect us to fall in line with your position, and when we don't, you just rinse and repeat.

Killing someone who murdered someone is a just thing to do, regardless of their willingness to follow through.

Could you please fix your formatting??

It's rather atrocious. And it's getting kind of annoying that I have to keep pointing out your formatting errors.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Could he also please fix his logic?

It's rather atrocious. And it's getting kind of annoying that I have to keep pointing out his errors.

Arthur Brain

There have been 60 million abortions in the US alone since 1973 and Roe vs Wade. Don't start pretending to care now.

You regard abortion as execution? Otherwise, if you've nothing on the topic apart from presumptive ignorance then really not sure why you bothered posting.

:rain:

Arthur Brain

Well, if you profane God by killing people who should not die, and keeping people alive who should not live, it seems like if one does the opposite, kill people who should die, and keep people alive who should live, then God will be glorified.

I'm reminded of a news headline when a criminal was executed in some other country. It read "God Exists!"

:think:

Well, that's what you would do if you abandoned any sort of appeals process and convicted people to death without absolute proof of guilt, all because you figure that commandments given in ancient times were literal for the present. You're tolerant of inevitable loss of innocent life.

Because you're too squeamish. You try to make an emotional argument against us, and then expect us to fall in line with your position, and when we don't, you just rinse and repeat.

Killing someone who murdered someone is a just thing to do, regardless of their willingness to follow through.

If you think it's "squeamish" to abhor the notion of executing children as young as six (where is the cut off point with you?) to the point of stabbing one to death as method then you miss the point. People balk at such because it is simply abhorrent and unconscionable. We don't hold children accountable as adults because they simply aren't developed enough, it's why we don't let them drive cars or any number of things an adult does.

Frankly, there's something deeply wrong with anyone who thinks it's moral or serving God to execute a child as well as a complete disconnect with logic and common sense.

Right Divider

Body part
I would have thought that you would consider it murder. Execution isn't.
Are you hair splitting again?

The definition of execution is: "the carrying out of a sentence of death on a condemned person."

In abortion, the murder victim is executed. There can be a number of people involved in the decision to condemn the child, but that's just what it is... the execution of the murdered child.

genuineoriginal

So is Israel still under the Law?
Yes
What about Gentiles?

Romans 2:13-15
13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.
14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another; )​

What Law did Paul bring to the Gentiles? Any Law? No Law?

Romans 3:27-31
27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.
28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.
29 Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also:
30 Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.
31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
We don't hold children accountable as adults...

thompson and venables were held accountable for their actions

they were tried and convicted of murder and incarcerated for eight years

artie said:
... because they simply aren't developed enough...

in what way were thompson and venables not developed enough?

artie said:
...it's why we don't let them drive cars or any number of things an adult does.

we don't let them murder two year olds either, right?

most of the rest of your post was another silly appeal to emotion, so i gave it the attention it deserved

Last edited:

Arthur Brain

Are you hair splitting again?

The definition of execution is: "the carrying out of a sentence of death on a condemned person."

In abortion, the murder victim is executed. There can be a number of people involved in the decision to condemn the child, but that's just what it is... the execution of the murdered child.

"The execution of a murdered child"?! It's not splitting hairs to recognize the fundamental difference.

:AMR:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
"The execution of a murdered child"?! It's not splitting hairs to recognize the fundamental difference.

:AMR:

are you on this retarded kick again?

in the case of an abortion, the state has yielded the power of life and death that it claims to the decision of the mother

when the mother decides to end the life of her child, she is doing it in full compliance with the ordinances of the state

she is, in fact, acting as an agent of the state in ending the life of her child

i would think that you, who believes the state is acting justly in allowing the mother to choose whether or not to kill her child, would recognize this and approve

and accept the semantic result that she is indeed executing her unwanted child

we Christians, who recognize that the state is acting in concert with evil by failing to protect the life of the child, also recognize the killing of the child as murder

you have no rationale to recognize it as murder and should recognize it as a state sponsored execution, judicially approved by the state (in america) since January 22, 1973

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Well, I'm not going to look for that post, but guaranteed it was either made by a complete retard or you completely misread it.

It was made by JudgeRightly and supported by ok doser. I didn't miss read it.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
I didn't ask about condemning them. I asked if you would forgive them, and for what.

Could you answer the question I asked, and not the question you wanted me to ask?
I answered your questions using the same words Jesus did.

What would you forgive them for? Murder or taking a loved one away from you?
If s/he asked me, in a truly repentant way, to forgive them for murdering my family member then I would willingly forgive them.

"They show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness and their thoughts sometimes accusing them and at other times even defending them."

That sounds like law.
But not a written law, something else, something like morals.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Yes

Romans 2:13-15
13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.
14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another; )​

Romans 3:27-31
27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.
28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.
29 Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also:
30 Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.
31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

Read these passages in conjunction with Galatians.

[h=1]Galatians 3:24-26 Contemporary English Version (CEV)[/h] 24 In fact, the Law was our teacher. It was supposed to teach us until we had faith and were acceptable to God. 25 But once a person has learned to have faith, there is no more need to have the Law as a teacher.
26 All of you are God’s children because of your faith in Christ Jesus.

We must be very careful how we apply the law both to ourselves and to others. Are you using the law to teach others their need for a savior or are you using the law to judge others? It is an important question we must constantly ask ourselves because we will be judged by that same measure when we stand before God.