Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Kind Of Person Could "Execute" A Child?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Arthur Brain View Post
    He's trolling again, which you'll notice when you're back online. Just can't help himself.
    I know. He thinks he does it well. Truly a legend in his own mind.
    Galatians 5:22-23 (New International Version)

    But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

    What are my fruits today?

    Cityboy With Horses A blog about what happens when you say, "I Promise"

    "Moral standards" are a lot like lighthouses: they exist to help us stay on course as we sail through life. But we have to steer BY them, but not directly AT them. Lest we end up marooned on the shoals of perpetual self-righteousness.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by ok doser View Post
      You feel up to addressing Thompson and Venable?
      At their ages at the time of the event, I would not have supported a death sentence for either. A stint in a psychiatric hospital to figure out what is going on in those young brains is certainly in order. Obviously, in the case of Venable, this was not enough. He has been arrested for possession of child porn.

      This is an important issue to be discussed. We know what a pattern of behavior that many future serial killers follow as young children. There are early warning signs that indicate a child is or could be on the path of becoming a serial killer.

      You raise a valid point about young killers and think the answer lies in intent. A six year old playing with a gun that he knows not to play with accidentally shoots and kills a sibling or parent. The child's intent was not to murder anybody so he is not guilty of a capitol crime. Two preteens intentionally kidnap and kill a child just for fun. Their intent was to commit a murder. They must be dealt with accordingly. BUT, a summary execution is probably not the right answer in this case either because we must first determine whether those 10 year olds truly understand what they did was wrong.
      Galatians 5:22-23 (New International Version)

      But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

      What are my fruits today?

      Cityboy With Horses A blog about what happens when you say, "I Promise"

      "Moral standards" are a lot like lighthouses: they exist to help us stay on course as we sail through life. But we have to steer BY them, but not directly AT them. Lest we end up marooned on the shoals of perpetual self-righteousness.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by CabinetMaker View Post
        You raise a valid point about young killers and think the answer lies in intent. A six year old playing with a gun that he knows not to play with accidentally shoots and kills a sibling or parent. The child's intent was not to murder anybody so he is not guilty of a capitol crime. Two preteens intentionally kidnap and kill a child just for fun. Their intent was to commit a murder. They must be dealt with accordingly. BUT, a summary execution is probably not the right answer in this case either because we must first determine whether those 10 year olds truly understand what they did was wrong.
        Do you really think that there is a possibility that they did not "truly understand" that what they did was wrong?
        All of my ancestors are human.
        Originally posted by Squeaky
        That explains why your an idiot.
        Originally posted by God's Truth
        Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
        Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
        (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

        1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
        (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

        Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Arthur Brain View Post
          Abortion isn't the topic of this thread. It's about what kind of person could execute young children for "committing capital crimes" which I thought was obvious.

          Child
          The United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child defines child as "a human being below the age of 18 years"

          Learn to read what is written.

          _____
          The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
          ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Right Divider View Post
            Do you really think that there is a possibility that they did not "truly understand" that what they did was wrong?
            They knew what they were doing was something they would get in trouble for. I am not sure that they understood why it was morally wrong. I am not sure that children have yet formed moral compasses that allow them to discern good and evil. They learn very early what gets them in trouble but that is different than understanding good and evil or right and wrong.
            Galatians 5:22-23 (New International Version)

            But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

            What are my fruits today?

            Cityboy With Horses A blog about what happens when you say, "I Promise"

            "Moral standards" are a lot like lighthouses: they exist to help us stay on course as we sail through life. But we have to steer BY them, but not directly AT them. Lest we end up marooned on the shoals of perpetual self-righteousness.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by CabinetMaker View Post
              They knew what they were doing was something they would get in trouble for.
              In other words, they truly knew that it was wrong.

              Originally posted by CabinetMaker View Post
              I am not sure that they understood why it was morally wrong.
              So you're splitting hairs between "wrong" and "morally wrong"?

              Originally posted by CabinetMaker View Post
              I am not sure that children have yet formed moral compasses that allow them to discern good and evil.
              You just stated that they knew that they would get in trouble. Therefore is it clear that they knew that is was wrong, morally wrong.

              Originally posted by CabinetMaker View Post
              They learn very early what gets them in trouble but that is different than understanding good and evil or right and wrong.
              They clearly had evil intents. They knew what they were doing was wrong.
              All of my ancestors are human.
              Originally posted by Squeaky
              That explains why your an idiot.
              Originally posted by God's Truth
              Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
              Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
              (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

              1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
              (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

              Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by genuineoriginal View Post

                Child
                The United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child defines child as "a human being below the age of 18 years"

                Um, knew that already thanks. Could you stab a child to death if it had committed a "capital crime"?
                Well this is fun isn't it?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by CabinetMaker View Post
                  Hey Stripe, would you cast the first stone at a 6 year old sentenced to execution?
                  Surprise surprise, no answer was given. That was a shock wasn't it?

                  Well this is fun isn't it?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Arthur Brain View Post
                    Um, knew that already thanks. Could you stab a child to death if it had committed a "capital crime"?
                    I could execute thompson and venables without blinking an eye

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by ok doser View Post
                      I could execute thompson and venables without blinking an eye
                      I knew a girl that age who had been sold by her mother for sex for years. She ran away and lived in a car with a cat before she was rescued. When she came to the treatment center, she hissed, scratched, and peed and fought like a wild animal to keep people away from her. Another little boy was locked away in the attic and sold for sex in exchange for drugs. Their stories are sickening. How much are these children supposed to endure?

                      Have you read about those boys lives before this happened? Drunk depressed mothers who left them unattended is just the start.

                      Comment


                      • I wouldn't blink an eye at executing their mothers either

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Arthur Brain View Post
                          Surprise surprise, no answer was given. That was a shock wasn't it?

                          Totally shocking.
                          Galatians 5:22-23 (New International Version)

                          But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

                          What are my fruits today?

                          Cityboy With Horses A blog about what happens when you say, "I Promise"

                          "Moral standards" are a lot like lighthouses: they exist to help us stay on course as we sail through life. But we have to steer BY them, but not directly AT them. Lest we end up marooned on the shoals of perpetual self-righteousness.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Right Divider View Post
                            In other words, they truly knew that it was wrong.


                            So you're splitting hairs between "wrong" and "morally wrong"?


                            You just stated that they knew that they would get in trouble. Therefore is it clear that they knew that is was wrong, morally wrong.


                            They clearly had evil intents. They knew what they were doing was wrong.
                            You don't understand the difference which really isn't that surprising.

                            When my daughters were very young, they both reached for something very hot. A wood pellet stove in once case and the gas grill in the other. I yelled at both of them to stop and they jerked their little hands back. They never went near those two appliances again because they were afraid they would get in trouble. They really didn't understand that I was trying to keep them safe. As they got older they learned that these were dangerous and how to use them properly.

                            That is the same principle here. They knew that what they were doing would get them in trouble. You cannot conclusively say that they knew it was evil simply because they knew they would get in trouble with their parents.
                            Galatians 5:22-23 (New International Version)

                            But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

                            What are my fruits today?

                            Cityboy With Horses A blog about what happens when you say, "I Promise"

                            "Moral standards" are a lot like lighthouses: they exist to help us stay on course as we sail through life. But we have to steer BY them, but not directly AT them. Lest we end up marooned on the shoals of perpetual self-righteousness.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by ok doser View Post
                              I could execute thompson and venables without blinking an eye
                              Must be nice to be sinless.
                              Galatians 5:22-23 (New International Version)

                              But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

                              What are my fruits today?

                              Cityboy With Horses A blog about what happens when you say, "I Promise"

                              "Moral standards" are a lot like lighthouses: they exist to help us stay on course as we sail through life. But we have to steer BY them, but not directly AT them. Lest we end up marooned on the shoals of perpetual self-righteousness.

                              Comment


                              • Must be nice to be retarded

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X