Trump impeachment

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Yup. Free markets are the best we've got but they aren't perfect.

i wonder where they're coming from?

i don't have the time today (or any idea how i'd go about looking) but there must be data somewhere on illegal weapons seizures at united kingdom ports of entry :think:

ok doser

and thank goodness - of course that could change in the next news cycle

had to google this: "police in high-viz"

highviz7_zpshnztfmjf.jpg

or, as we call them in america - firemen :chuckle:

WizardofOz

i wonder where they're coming from?

i don't have the time today (or any idea how i'd go about looking) but there must be data somewhere on illegal weapons seizures at united kingdom ports of entry :think:

I'd also be curious to see how many are American made...most I'd suspect.

and thank goodness - of course that could change in the next news cycle

had to google this: "police in high-viz"

highviz7_zpshnztfmjf.jpg

or, as we call them in america - firemen :chuckle:

Crossing guards with chauffeur hats? :idunno:

ok doser

i just went outside and shot three clips :banana:

before my fingers went stiff - beautiful sunny calm day - it would be bitter if there was any wind

Crucifer

BANNED
Banned
I don't think that, taken as a whole, gun control really has an effect on crime rates either way.

Gun control has a profound effect on homicide rates, which is the central aim. General violence and crime are a different matter.

Guns make it very easy to kill even if there isn't a specific intent to do so, whereas with manual weapons there usually has to be a thorough attempt. With that being the case, most all homicide that occurs under strict gun control is purely intentional.

America's problem with guns is that it's current laws make it easy for a criminal to become a murderer simply by reacting in fear with a pistol which is a how a majority of gun homicide goes down. You only hear about the really malicious incidences that occur and that misleads people into seeing the problem differently.

WizardofOz

Gun control has a profound effect on homicide rates, which is the central aim. General violence and crime are a different matter.

Not for London. Perhaps you are referring to other data?

Guns make it very easy to kill even if there isn't a specific intent to do so

They also make it much, much easier to an intended victim to defend themselves. Therein lies the rub.

whereas with manual weapons there usually has to be a thorough attempt. With that being the case, most all homicide that occurs under strict gun control is purely intentional.

As opposed to accidental death and/or suicide? I'm not too concerned about suicide as someone who intends to kill themselves will find a way if they are convinced they want to go through with it.

Accidental death, while tragic, can be prevented if the gun owner takes necessary precaution such as trigger locks, gun safes and gun safety training.

Just like with an automobile, we cannot remove human error from the equation completely.

America's problem with guns is that it's current laws make it easy for a criminal to become a murderer simply by reacting in fear with a pistol which is a how a majority of gun homicide goes down. You only hear about the really malicious incidences that occur and that misleads people into seeing the problem differently.

The issue with the US, I believe, is the level of gun saturation. Criminals can get them all too easy. Therefore, law abiding citizens should certainly be able to also own one. How many guns used in homicides in Chicago (for example) are legally obtained?

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Target practice is fun. I used to do it as a kid. But getting a hunting lease is expensive, and since I (like most Americans) live where having agun is more dangerous than not having one, I don't do it now unless I visit the family in Iowa.

Far as impeachment goes, I think we should wait for Mueller's final report and then go from there. It could all be circumstantial; I don't yet see unequivocal grounds for impeachment, unless it's the campaign violation when he colluded with Cohen and Pecker to hide his affairs.

Crucifer

BANNED
Banned
Not for London. Perhaps you are referring to other data?

London still nonetheless has less homicide.
I see that people have found this one exception and want to cling on to it hoping that it will distract what is otherwise true for much the rest of the world.
London is a unique problem, not some rebuttal.

The issue with the US, I believe, is the level of gun saturation. Criminals can get them all too easy. Therefore, law abiding citizens should certainly be able to also own one. How many guns used in homicides in Chicago (for example) are legally obtained?

Criminals will steal guns when they can't obtain them legally, and most often that's exactly what they do. There's hundreds of thousands of times per year guns are reported missing. That's sort of the issue with any solution merely being 'arm John Q Citizen' because John Q is more likely to have them stolen rather than actually using them.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Trump impeachment

Faced with the prospect of criminal charges directed at himself and his children when he is no longer President, Americans should be concerned about the willingness of Trump to leave the White House voluntarily, if he were to be impeached and/or voted out of office!

My best guess is that after losing the Presidential Election in 2020, Trump would resign from office some time between late November 2020 and early January 2021, on the condition that interim-President Mike Pence ptovide him and his family presidential pardons!

musterion

Trump impeachment

Faced with the prospect of criminal charges directed at himself and his children when he is no longer President, Americans should be concerned about the willingness of Trump to leave the White House voluntarily, if he were to be impeached and/or voted out of office!

My best guess is that after losing the Presidential Election in 2020, Trump would resign from office some time between late November 2020 and early January 2021, on the condition that interim-President Mike Pence ptovide him and his family presidential pardons!

Orange man bad!

fool

Hall of Fame
Trump impeachment

And in that entire fantasy you don't even try to guess what his crime might be.

fool

Hall of Fame
I don't yet see unequivocal grounds for impeachment, unless it's the campaign violation when he colluded with Cohen and Pecker to hide his affairs.
He would have hid his affairs if he wasn't running for President so I don't see that dog hunting. Unless he was stupid enough to do it with campaign funds but being a billionaire he probably has a couple hundred thousand in the change jar on his nightstand.