Why Don't the Liberals Want a Wall?

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
The best thing about these threads is how the lefties are their own best rebuttal!

They defeat themselves with their own words while cementing themselves into their own stupidity with those very same words.

They demonstrate their insanity to anyone who can think clearly and sound like sages to their own hearing.

If it weren't so tragic, it would be comical!

Jerry Shugart

First, Is this a sincere issue for you or rather are you nurturing an opportunity to masquerade an anti-progressive/pro-wall agenda with convenient moral outrage?

Why would you think I am not being sincere?

Maybe you are not aware of the way that women are treated by the coyotes? I think if you really knew what is going on you would be outraged too.

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
There are various reasons why liberals are opposed to Trump's wall .There are actually FEWER illegal aliens coming across the border now than there have been in decades , and this happened under Obama's watch, not Trump . Reports of massive numbers of Mexican and Hispanic " violent criminals, drug deals are rapists " inundating are still circulating , but only because of Trump and the biased conservative fake news media.
It's all right-wing propaganda . Building a wall would do nothing but waste billions of taxpayer dollars which our country desperately needs for other things such as rebuilding our crumbling infrastructure , creating jobs, building more up to date technically advanced public schools and renovating existing ones, making college more affordable , and protecting our environment among other things . And this walk would NOT make America safer .
Our government could also invest money in improving the Mexican economy and creating jobs there , which would automatically cause a major decrease in illegal alines coming across the border .

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
There are various reasons why liberals are opposed to Trump's wall .There are actually FEWER illegal aliens coming across the border now than there have been in decades , and this happened under Obama's watch, not Trump . Reports of massive numbers of Mexican and Hispanic " violent criminals, drug deals are rapists " inundating are still circulating , but only because of Trump and the biased conservative fake news media.
It's all right-wing propaganda . Building a wall would do nothing but waste billions of taxpayer dollars which our country desperately needs for other things such as rebuilding our crumbling infrastructure , creating jobs, building more up to date technically advanced public schools and renovating existing ones, making college more affordable , and protecting our environment among other things . And this walk would NOT make America safer .
Our government could also invest money in improving the Mexican economy and creating jobs there , which would automatically cause a major decrease in illegal alines coming across the border .

Hey horn - trump's scotus picks are gonna overturn roe v wade :banana:

Arthur Brain

The best thing about these threads is how the lefties are their own best rebuttal!

They defeat themselves with their own words while cementing themselves into their own stupidity with those very same words.

They demonstrate their insanity to anyone who can think clearly and sound like sages to their own hearing.

If it weren't so tragic, it would be comical!

Well, that was a nice rant signifying nothing...

:rain:

quip

BANNED
Banned
Why would you think I am not being sincere?

By the main thrust of this thread. It reeks of an opportune situation for an anti-liberal/pro-wall polemic... more so than any fervent concern for the welfare of illegal immigrants. Prior to this "epiphany" when was the last time the plight of anyone south of the boarder even entered your conscious awareness?

Speaking of which....you didn't answer my question.

Maybe you are not aware of the way that women are treated by the coyotes? I think if you really knew what is going on you would be outraged too.

It might well be germane to the debate, though what you've set forth thus far seems far more a dissuation tactic than any manner of genuine concern.

I say this because the conservatively minded individual, in this regard, tends to lack interest in pragmatically indirect subject matters of which they lack a personal association or benefit. (Re: minority concerns) In contrast, that which reflects thier personal interests (such as a boarder wall keeping them safe and cozy.) continue to remain a focused priority.

As such these "minority concerns" transpire into a mere ideological 'means' for the conservative's more true to form tangible 'ends'.

If this be your method and cause...it's rather deplorable.

Is this the case? Have you considered some of the objectors' concerns? --

Is this a chronic problem or just anecdotal?

How does this balance against the safety and concerns of immigrants fleeing abject poverty, drug violence or persecution?

How will a wall specifically end this practice; how would not building one exacerbate it?

glassjester

If this happens Glass Jester , the only thing that will end will be the LEGALITY of abortion .

Just like outlawing murder (of adults) only ends the LEGALITY of murder. There are still dangerous "back-alley" murders of adults. So... should we legalize murder?

Jerry Shugart

I say this because the conservatively minded individual, in this regard, tends to lack interest in pragmatically indirect subject matters of which they lack a personal association or benefit. (Re: minority concerns) In contrast, that which reflects thier personal interests (such as a boarder wall keeping them safe and cozy.) continue to remain a focused priority.

I live in Mexico and the truth about the horrors which the women are going through on the way to the border is well known down here even though the mainstream press in the USA does their very best to hide the truth.

It's a shame to hear the Dems speak about not wanting a wall because it costs too much, even though not having a wall is causing harm to so many. At least Trump has a plan that will cause these things to stop.

The Dems offer nothing which will result in stopping anything, and that is because deep down in their hearts they really don't give a damn, despite their crocodile tears!

quip

BANNED
Banned
Just like outlawing murder (of adults) only ends the LEGALITY of murder. There are still dangerous "back-alley" murders of adults. So... should we legalize murder?

The right to murder is not being debated morally, constitutionally nor practically.....so your answer is an astounding 'no'.

Likewise a 'no' to your next urge in response.

quip

BANNED
Banned
I live in Mexico and the truth about the horrors which the women are going through on the way to the border is well known down here even though the mainstream press in the USA does their very best to hide the truth.

It's a shame to hear the Dems speak about not wanting a wall because it costs too much, even though not having a wall is causing harm to so many. At least Trump has a plan that will cause these things to stop.

The Dems offer nothing which will result in stopping anything, and that is because deep down in their hearts they really don't give a damn, despite their crocodile tears!

You seem unwilling to weigh the pros and cons. Seems you've reached a kneejerk conclusion in search of a justification.

Jerry Shugart

You seem unwilling to weigh the pros and cons. Seems you've reached a kneejerk conclusion in search of a justification.

I am the one who is supporting a solution, and that solution is the wall.

The Dems have no solution and all they want to do is to obstruct any solution which others might come up with.

Those are the pros and cons and I have indeed weighed them. Have you?

Do you favor Trump's plan or are you willing to let the evil at the border continue for the rest of Trump's term in office in the hope that the Dems will win and do it their way?

Tell us what you think is the best solution.