Why Don't the Liberals Want a Wall?

WizardofOz

I can believe that because there is nothing between your ears!

:doh: So much for a productive conversation. You claimed that "The estimates which you give do not take into account the growth of the GDP in the future and the added tax revenue." Show me the estimates that do.

I have offered you data and citations. Where are yours?

You bemoaned Obama's spending but you call Trump's spending 'priming the pump'. Explain why Trump's deficits and large debt increase is good if Obama's were bad.

Newsflash, Jerry. They're both bad.

It's funny how now all the GOP tribals are in favor of big spending and big government. You're the liberal now, Jerry.

Jerry Shugart

Yes, the experts always get it right, just as they predicted a stock market crash if Trump was elected!

And they failed to predict the record budget surplus in the history of the USA, that being a $214 Billion Dollar surplus in April.

But of course we all pine for the good old days of the Obama economy!

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
In case you don't know it, there is more than one way to skin a cat!

Ah, yes, business bankruptcy that lets the principals off the hook and screws the little guy. Yep, aware of that.

But Donny promised Mexico would pay. Now he wants us to spend the $ and wait for the check in the mail.

He is a scam artist. He has no moral fiber nor any intellectual curiosity. He will spend his energy tweeting.

WizardofOz

Yes, the experts always get it right, just as they predicted a stock market crash if Trump was elected!

Cite?

And they failed to predict the record budget surplus in the history of the USA, that being a $214 Billion Dollar surplus in April.

April usually has a surplus due to tax receipts. Are you hanging your hat on this and ignoring the other 11 months of the year that add to a negative $385 billion?

The bigger-than-expected surplus in April does little to affect the longer-term trend. The deficit for the fiscal year, which began last October, was $385 billion, compared to a deficit of $344 billion in the same period of fiscal 2017.

Economists have warned that a combination of corporate and individual tax cuts passed by the Trump administration late last year and an increase in government spending agreed in early February will swell the nation’s deficit.

Accounting for calendar adjustments, the deficit for 2018 is expected to rise to $848 billion, $204 billion more than in fiscal 2017, according to the non-partisan Congressional Budget Office’s latest estimate released in early April.

The CBO also forecasts public debt to rise from 78 percent of GDP this year to 96 percent of GDP by 2028. The latter would be the largest percentage since 1946.

But of course we all pine for the good old days of the Obama economy!

As bad as Obama's was, I'm waiting for you to show me how Trump's is better.

Breath not being held...

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Why would anyone not want a wall?

Here is an example of the horror stories being told about women's trips to the border:

Well, there are fragments of the story, which we were able to gather as we traveled along the U.S.-Mexico border. We, for example, visited a shelter in northern Mexico - in Nogales, Sonora, the Mexican state of Sonora - where one woman said her entire trip north was effectively a sexual assault. She was brought across the border by a man under false pretenses, taken to the city of Atlanta and, she says, used as a prostitute for years. Now, she's back in northern Mexico. That's where we found her.

If a wall is built all of this abuse of women and children at the border will cease overnight!

Would just one person answer the following question for me?:

What is so bad about a wall when compared to all the evil which is resulting from the lack of a wall?

The ONLY reason liberals don't want a wall is because the people coming across the border illegally are mostly social liberals who are likely to be dependent on government programs (liberalism) to make ends meat.

If it were a bunch of limited government, Christian conservatives coming across the border, the liberals would want two walls installed with land mines in between.

Liberals don't give a damn about women & children or abuse or any other such thing. They care about power - period.

Arthur Brain

The ONLY reason liberals don't want a wall is because the people coming across the border illegally are mostly social liberals who are likely to be dependent on government programs (liberalism) to make ends meat.

What an absolute crock. Stick to talking about how evolution can't be possible...

If it were a bunch of limited government, Christian conservatives coming across the border, the liberals would want two walls installed with land mines in between.

Yes Clete, although you left out the torture chambers where Justin Bieber songs play 24/7...:rolleyes:

Seriously, what is it with some of you zealots and this bizarre persecution complex you have going on?

Liberals don't give a damn about women & children or abuse or any other such thing. They care about power - period.

Pffft, you're a crank who'd have people executed for "immorality" if your beloved laws could be enacted so you're one of the last people to talk about giving a damn about folk.

:kookoo:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am perfectly fine with the wall as long as it is paid for by the person who used it to divide America. IF Trump loves America as much as he claims, he can foot the bill for his personal monument of a *border* wall.

Arthur Brain

I am perfectly fine with the wall as long as it is paid for by the person who used it to divide America. IF Trump loves America as much as he claims, he can foot the bill for his personal monument of a *border* wall.

What, put his money where his mouth is so to speak? Although considering where that is most of the time...

:eek:

quip

BANNED
Banned
Why would anyone not want a wall?

Here is an example of the horror stories being told about women's trips to the border:

Well, there are fragments of the story, which we were able to gather as we traveled along the U.S.-Mexico border. We, for example, visited a shelter in northern Mexico - in Nogales, Sonora, the Mexican state of Sonora - where one woman said her entire trip north was effectively a sexual assault. She was brought across the border by a man under false pretenses, taken to the city of Atlanta and, she says, used as a prostitute for years. Now, she's back in northern Mexico. That's where we found her.

If a wall is built all of this abuse of women and children at the border will cease overnight!

Would just one person answer the following question for me?:

What is so bad about a wall when compared to all the evil which is resulting from the lack of a wall?

First, Is this a sincere issue for you or rather are you nurturing an opportunity to masquerade an anti-progressive/pro-wall agenda with convenient moral outrage?

chair

Walls don't feel good. They look bad. They bring up images of the Berlin wall. But they can be effective, up to a point.

A more effective way of dealing with the problem would be to help improve the economies south of the border.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I have walls all over, in my house, in my garage, in my barn

I find them very useful