Every day is a new circus.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
US Senate candidate proposes arming homeless people with shotguns

A Michigan candidate for US Senate has proposed arming homeless people with pump-action shotguns in an effort to reduce crime.

Brian Ellison, who is running against Democratic incumbent Debbie Stabenow, says homeless people are “constantly victims of violent crime” and providing them with firearms would provide a deterrent.

Ellison, a Libertarian who is expected to be the party’s candidate in the November midterm​

You know what the problem is here?​

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
You know what the problem is here?

That giving the homeless shotguns and ammo would be a different and more dangerous kind of government handout, (said handout not in line with libertarian thinking the way I understand it), when the better way would to be to offer them food, shelter, and access to transitional living arrangements (including sobriety counseling, mental health counseling, job assistance, etc.) so as to integrate them back into society?

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I do. The Libs can't stick to the facts.

Well that, but the real issue is the glorification of youth. The admiration of the youth-culture. Such as it is, those who follow this thought have trouble with maturity. They never grow up. Anyone who advocates arming homeless people with shot guns thinks like a child.

Most homeless persons have mental illness and that is why they are homeless. They should not be allowed to carry guns, as such ideas comes with boyishness too much cowboy, old west thinking wrongly applied to a modern urban society.

In essence the Senator is a child!

That is what is wrong with Donald Trump, when anyone speaks, "because I am smart" on being criticized over not paying taxes, then we should know that person is not mature. The mature pays the taxes, then tries to amend what he or she believes is wrong with the tax code. mature adults do not just avoid paying their taxes.

So, we have an immature president who shows little restraint.

Look out now, he is about to fall on his face and that means stocks will drop,so get you cash ready to buy low!

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
That giving the homeless shotguns and ammo would be a different and more dangerous kind of government handout, (said handout not in line with libertarian thinking the way I understand it), when the better way would to be to offer them food, shelter, and access to transitional living arrangements (including sobriety counseling, mental health counseling, job assistance, etc.) so as to integrate them back into society?

Good job at explaining how to really help the homeless. My point above addresses why anyone would think arming such persons is improper and why we have such ideas passed around today.

If Ike were around, he would find that man unbalanced,yet not get the youth culture glorification, as seeing is believing.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
FAKE NEWS. The NRA does not support arming the mentally ill.

Well, let's take a look...

The National Rifle Association opposed a bill that could have taken suspected Waffle House shooter Travis Reinking's guns away, rather than leaving them with the man's father who returned them despite Reinking displaying signs of mental illness.

Jeffrey Reinking, the father of the alleged shooter behind the deaths of four people in Antioch, Tenn., Sunday, may face charges after his son was able to regain his weapons, including an AR-15.

Reinking, 29, faces murder charges for the slaughter that came after a history of incidents with authorities, including an arrest for crossing a barrier at the White House last summer that led Illinois State Police to ask for his firearms license to be revoked.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...l-waffle-house-shooter-guns-article-1.3951216

Quote Originally Posted by Ktoyou View Post
You know what the problem is here?

I do. The right-wingers can't stick to the facts.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
[FONT=&]Donald Trump says his letter from Kim Jong Un was:

"A very nice letter... It was a very interesting letter."

Eight minutes later:

"I haven't seen the letter yet."
[/FONT]

a-sad-kid-due-to-no-PT-period-300x153.jpg

glorydaz

Eight minutes later:

[/FONT]

And Trump was correct. Didn't you see the letter? Mock away over nothing. :rolleyes:

It was a nice letter and very interesting.....because it was in a very large envelope.

Get it?

Kim's letter was bigger than Mr. Trump's. It was left out of the reporting and the reporting of the reporting that he immediately added, "I haven't opened the letter yet." I guess these things just fly right over the heads of the Trump bashers, but regular folks found it very interesting....and funny.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
The guy in the OP says he's a libertarian, but I never knew a libertarian who thought that preventing mentally-ill people from having guns was wrong.

I think Anna started the thread and thinks it is a nutty idea. My comment is that it comes from a now seemingly acceptable immature mindset.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Eric Lipton:

This has got to be one for the record books. Oil industry joins with solar and wind industry to condemn Trump admin plan to prop up coal industry by forcing electric grid to buy coal power. Oil/wind/solar as allies? Fascinating times.

Den7Q5HXUAEBrOv.jpg

Den7pfmXUAAf77m.jpg

Danoh

Eight minutes later:

[/FONT]

I greatly suspect Trump's "A very nice letter... It was a very interesting letter" was merely his manifesting his usual "I won" to all the whole world.

In other words, his long infamous counting his chickens before they're hatched (upon his mere receipt of that letter).

:chuckle:

glorydaz

I think Anna started the thread and thinks it is a nutty idea. My comment is that it comes from a now seemingly acceptable immature mindset.

Actually, it comes from a publicity seeker. He's gotten national coverage because people think he's serious. He also wants to do away with the TSA and claims the cops are over equipped with long guns and body armour, while simultaneously saying they are not adequately protecting the homeless. He's also had two Go Fund Me pages supposedly to arm and feed the homeless. Go Fund ME. :chuckle:

Last edited:

glorydaz

I greatly suspect Trump's "A very nice letter... It was a very interesting letter" was merely his manifesting his usual "I won" to all the whole world.

In other words, his long infamous counting his chickens before they're hatched (upon his mere receipt of that letter).

:chuckle:

You greatly suspect whatever you want. I saw the picture of him holding the "big letter", and he got the joke...as did the near smiling NK emissary standing next to him while holding up the letter. Earlier he'd told Kim, "My nukes are bigger than yours." Kim has a sense of humour himself...which is more than I can say for you libnuts.

(Course, you always know what others are thinking....as you did on Lon's comment.) :nono:

I'll bet you thought Trump actually meant he could shoot someone on 5th avenue, and his voters would stick with him, too, didn't you? I'm still laughing over that one. You libs just don't get it. YOU never do. :rolleyes: