Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Every day is a new circus.

US Senate candidate proposes arming homeless people with shotguns
    A Michigan candidate for US Senate has proposed arming homeless people with pump-action shotguns in an effort to reduce crime.

Brian Ellison, who is running against Democratic incumbent Debbie Stabenow, says homeless people are “constantly victims of violent crime” and providing them with firearms would provide a deterrent.

Ellison, a Libertarian who is expected to be the party’s candidate in the November midterm election, said he had settled on pump-action shotguns for practicality purposes.

“Frankly I think the ideal weapon would be a pistol,” he told the Guardian, “but due to the licensing requirements in the state we’re going to have a hard enough time getting homeless people shotguns as it is.

Getting them pistols is probably next to impossible. The pistols need to be registered, people have to have addresses.”

Carrying a concealed pistol is illegal without a permit, Ellison said, “whereas open-carrying a long gun is completely legal”.

“So we thought that pump-action shotguns were a suitable alternative to a pistol.”

Tried and waited then got tired, that's about it

Good thinking ... but the GOP needs to remind the homeless people that it is essential to keep their shotguns locked up in a safe place .... perhaps next to their Mercedes Benz ...
    TRUST
    is a fragile thing.

Easy to break, Easy to lose
    and one of the hardest things to
    ever get back.

Comment

Get ready for "hey bub, you're GOING TO give me ALL your change."

Rom. 5:6-8.

Comment

Originally posted by annabenedetti View Post
        US Senate candidate proposes arming homeless people with shotguns
        A Michigan candidate for US Senate has proposed arming homeless people with pump-action shotguns in an effort to reduce crime.

Brian Ellison, who is running against Democratic incumbent Debbie Stabenow, says homeless people are “constantly victims of violent crime” and providing them with firearms would provide a deterrent.

Ellison, a Libertarian who is expected to be the party’s candidate in the November midterm election, said he had settled on pump-action shotguns for practicality purposes.

“Frankly I think the ideal weapon would be a pistol,” he told the Guardian, “but due to the licensing requirements in the state we’re going to have a hard enough time getting homeless people shotguns as it is.

Getting them pistols is probably next to impossible. The pistols need to be registered, people have to have addresses.”

Carrying a concealed pistol is illegal without a permit, Ellison said, “whereas open-carrying a long gun is completely legal”.

“So we thought that pump-action shotguns were a suitable alternative to a pistol.”

What could possibly go wrong with THAT?

Elect a clown and you get a circus!
        if Trump had half a wit he would be a half wit if Trump had half a wit he would be a half wit if Trump had half a wit he would be a half wit if Trump had half a wit he would be a half wit

Comment

Originally posted by Rusha View Post
          Good thinking ... but the GOP needs to remind the homeless people that it is essential to keep their shotguns locked up in a safe place .... perhaps next to their Mercedes Benz ...
          Somehow I knew the GOP would get blamed for this nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by glorydaz View Post
            Perfect example of "posturing" on your part.

Comment

Originally posted by Danoh View Post
              Perfect example of "posturing" on your part.

Oh, so it's posturing to point out how predictable you and yours are.

Comment

Oh, so it's posturing to point out how predictable you and yours are.
                You poor thing; you still don't know what the word means, as used.

I bet you'd be fun to slaughter at Chess in.

Or even at Checkers.

Comment

Libertarian, as it happens.

if Trump had half a wit he would be a half wit if Trump had half a wit he would be a half wit if Trump had half a wit he would be a half wit if Trump had half a wit he would be a half wit

Comment

Fortunately (or not, as the case may be), the Motor City Madman, better known as Ted Nugent, opted not to throw his NRA card into the ring for the GOP primaries for that seat!

As did Robert Ritchie (same disclaimer), better known as musician Kid Rock.

Those Uppers can be a most peculiar lot, I'm told!

Comment

Originally posted by Rusha View Post
                      Originally posted by Foxfire View Post
                      Libertarian, as it happens.
                      Yeah, I knew it was Libertarian, but I see someone else may not.

Comment

Originally posted by Danoh View Post
                        You poor thing; you still don't know what the word means, as used.

I bet you'd be fun to slaughter at Chess in.

Or even at Checkers.

You'd like to think, but you are the posturing king on this site, and I haven't played checkers since the sixth grade.......but you wouldn't stand a chance at playing me a game of chess.

Comment

You'd like to think, but you are the posturing king on this site, and I haven't played checkers since the sixth grade.......but you wouldn't stand a chance at playing me a game of chess.
                          TOL used to have a chess app...

About time it has one again!

Well this is fun isn't it?

Comment

Perhaps, but that is still NOT what Lon had meant in his use of the word "posturing."

Comment

Tried and waited then got tired, that's about it

Comment

Working...
                              X