Every day is a new circus.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Maybe these preschoolers could give him some coaching? :think:

:chuckle: They're so cute. Love the little guy with his hands over his ears, I think it all got to be a bit much for him.

They could definitely teach Trump a thing or two. Not only the words to a song Trump only pretends to know but to basic decent behavior... the road to leadership starts with a single line leader.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Yes, we both took part in D-Day operations, didn't we?

220px-Wikip-facepalm.jpg

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Trump has his cheat sheet ready for the next time he has to sing America the Beautiful:

O beautiful bodacious guys
Hamburger ways & rain
Diet cokes & KFC
aboard my private plane
America, America it is all about me
I send my tweets
from toilet seats
I want my KFC

--Howard Altman

ClimateSanity

The National Rifle Association opposed a bill that could have taken suspected Waffle House shooter Travis Reinking's guns away, rather than leaving them with the man's father who returned them despite Reinking displaying signs of mental illness.....

Barbarian

How does that support the idea that the NRA supports arming the mentally ill? There are many other ramifications of the bill to be considered.

ClimateSanity

They would have been protected if mentally-ill people weren't allowed to have guns. That's the point....

Barbarian

What's stopping them from being killed by non mentally I'll people?

musterion

The National Rifle Association opposed a bill that could have taken suspected Waffle House shooter Travis Reinking's guns away, rather than leaving them with the man's father who returned them

Not the NRA's fault.

WizardofOz

The guy in the OP says he's a libertarian, but I never knew a libertarian who thought that preventing mentally-ill people from having guns was wrong.

And a libertarian wouldn't suggest giving guns to anyone. They should be purchased. Libertarians are mostly against any sort of government handout.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
And a libertarian wouldn't suggest giving guns to anyone. They should be purchased. Libertarians are mostly against any sort of government handout.

What I was thinking, when I posted this:

That giving the homeless shotguns and ammo would be a different and more dangerous kind of government handout, (said handout not in line with libertarian thinking the way I understand it), when the better way would to be to offer them food, shelter, and access to transitional living arrangements (including sobriety counseling, mental health counseling, job assistance, etc.) so as to integrate them back into society?

But after posting that I followed series of links until I found his website and this video (which I posted but it was lost in the data error crash), and it seems he's trying to crowdfund the money, not use taxpayer money (at least not at this time).

What bothers me in the video: Ellison's seems to me to be circumventing the law although he claims otherwise. He videos the man in the gun store being turned down because he can't provide the proper documentation to purchase the gun - so they go outside and Ellison proceeds to give one to the man.