"Everyone knew."

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Poor Monica....a 22 year old intern is excluded from the MeToo movement by the left. Figures. :rolleyes:

Yep. Probably because she was bragging to her buddy about how she was having sex with Bill. Being an eager participant does change things a bit.

Oh, and Hillary the "victim"?

Yep. Bill and Monica were adulterers. She was the wife they cheated on.

That one who called all of Bill's accusers/victims trailer trash?

Hard to see how Monica was a victim, seeing as she was more than willing. But this isn't really about the facts for so many on the right. "LaLa Land" is an apt description for the echo chamber in which they live.

For them the Jeffery Weinberg defense seems like a good idea: "it's all the victim's fault."

glorydaz

Yep. Probably because she was bragging to her buddy about how she was having sex with Bill. Being an eager participant does change things a bit.

Yep. Bill and Monica were adulterers. She was the wife they cheated on.

Hard to see how Monica was a victim, seeing as she was more than willing. But this isn't really about the facts for so many on the right. "LaLa Land" is an apt description for the echo chamber in which they live.

For them the Jeffery Weinberg defense seems like a good idea: "it's all the victim's fault."

In case you missed it, I was referring to the hypocrisy. Always depends on what side you're on.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
In case you missed it, I was referring to the hypocrisy.

So was I. Blaming the victim is an old game, (admittedly not exclusively a right wing game) and blaming Hillary Clinton for the things Monica and Bill did is a prime example.

Always depends on what side you're on.

Sometimes, as in this case, there's no moral ambiguity.

glorydaz

You are missing the point. They hold their enemies to their enemies' own standards, which is fine BUT they excuse or ignore their own when their own violate the same standards. That shows that they really have no respect for the standard itself; it's just a handy club to beat their enemy with. That is blatant hypocrisy .

:first:

glorydaz

So was I. Blaming the victim is an old game, (admittedly not exclusively a right wing game) and blaming Hillary Clinton for the things Monica and Bill did is a prime example.

Sometimes, as in this case, there's no moral ambiguity.

Good point. Only difference being that Hillary belittled and besmirched the women Bill forced.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
And giggled about getting off the hook a man who raped a girl.

You've been lied to about that. In fact, Clinton asked the judge who had assigned the case to her, to remove her and appoint a different lawyer.

She pointed out that the perp passed a polygraph test, and laughed, saying that shows how unreliable polygraphs are.

But this isn't about the truth for the guys who set you up with that story, is it?

glorydaz

You've been lied to about that. In fact, Clinton asked the judge who had assigned the case to her, to remove her and appoint a different lawyer.

She pointed out that the perp passed a polygraph test, and laughed, saying that shows how unreliable polygraphs are.

But this isn't about the truth for the guys who set you up with that story, is it?

See what I mean? They are CNN followers, for sure.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Barbarian observes:

See what I mean?

We get it. Musty falls for anyone with a story to tell about Hillary Clinton. He's not concerned whether or not it's true.

musterion

What I was trying to point out, though, is that they really aren't guilty of hypocrisy.

Yes they really are.

When people choose to be inconsistent in applying standards of condemnation in different situations where the offenses are, without argument, the same, they are being hypocrites...corrupt judges. Their selectivity proves that the standard means nothing more to them beyond who they can punish with it. Past that point, the standard simply does not exist, in their view.

Alinsky put their tactic very concisely: "Make the enemy live up to his own book of rules."

But Christ has, and will have, the final word on it: "For with what measure ye judge..."

You'd best get your mind right on this one, pal.

Arthur Brain

There were no "counter arguments".

There were the same old tired excuses of the double standard of the left.

Might have had a point there if folk on the "left" here were doing as was described in the OP. They aren't, but it's the general sort of shtick I'd expect, given the author of it. Pointless trying to pigeonhole people into either "left" or "right" if you're reasoned about things but that's not what I'd expect from zealots. There's double standards where it comes to Obama and people like Tam have underlined that with unsupported garbage about him being gay as there's no evidence to suggest that Obama is or has been anything other than a happily married, family man.

Arthur Brain

Yes they really are.

When people choose to be inconsistent in applying standards of condemnation in different situations where the offenses are, without argument, the same, they are being hypocrites...corrupt judges. Their selectivity proves that the standard means nothing more to them beyond who they can punish with it. Past that point, the standard simply does not exist, in their view.

Alinsky put their tactic very concisely: "Make the enemy live up to his own book of rules."

But Christ has, and will have, the final word on it: "For with what measure ye judge..."

You'd best get your mind right on this one, pal.

Rusha condemns adultery no matter who's doing it or what party they represent. That's called consistency and yet you'll just label her as a "leftist" regardless and act as if you're free from double standards with a load of the usual rhetoric. You've even alluded to Obama being homosexual yourself in the past and without anything to support it so enough already. Oh, and seriously, if you just want a back patting society for any thread you start then why not set one up in one of the private forums for invite only? It's getting ridiculous how people are being removed from discussions in your "threads" because you can't seem to handle any "voices of dissent". That way you can have your threads to yourselves, cheer each other on about how "evil" the left are and nobody else would have to see it.

glorydaz

It's getting ridiculous how people are being removed from discussions in your "threads" because you can't seem to handle any "voices of dissent". That way you can have your threads to yourselves, cheer each other on about how "evil" the left are and nobody else would have to see it.

And Artie artfully gives us an example of his "voice of dissent". :chuckle:

"You can't seem to handle..."

"Cheer each other on...."

glorydaz

Might have had a point there if folk on the "left" here were doing as was described in the OP. They aren't, but it's the general sort of shtick I'd expect, given the author of it. Pointless trying to pigeonhole people into either "left" or "right" if you're reasoned about things but that's not what I'd expect from zealots. There's double standards where it comes to Obama and people like Tam have underlined that with unsupported garbage about him being gay as there's no evidence to suggest that Obama is or has been anything other than a happily married, family man.

You and Town are certainly hung up on the "gay" thing, aren't you? You'd much rather be dishing out dirt on our current President. Yes, you guys are lefties through and through. Totally predictable, and trying to deny it is what you lefties have to do.

:deadhorse: