Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if climate change is real and human caused--what should Christians do about it?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by ffreeloader View Post
    I have something to offer on this, but it comes from a completely different angle than anyone else on this thread seems to have taken.

    I have been a "denier" of the politically pushed narrative by the left for a long time. It just doesn't make sense to me. The earth is too much of a self-correcting system for what they allege to be true. However, in the last couple of weeks I ran across something that is very interesting on this subject. I'll give a couple of links and let people decide for themselves whether or not they buy into it. As for myself, I think it looks pretty credible.

    What I'm speaking to is geoengineering done by multiple governments around the world. It appears that this has been going on for around 70 years on some level with a massive increase in it in the last few decades, and it is having a massive effect on our climate and our health.

    This first link is to a video interview with a guy by the name of Dane Wigington on usawatchdog.com. The second is a link to Wigington's site. On it there is an incredible amount of documentation for what he purports. I have downloaded about 40 of the documents that Wigington has on his site and am in the process of studying them and researching what he provides. He provides a lot of scientific, government, and academic evidence to back his conclusions. His site is pretty large so expect, if you're interested in learning if he is really credible, to spend quite a bit of time learning.

    If Wigington is right, there is a lot of work for both Christians and non-Christians to do to respond to this. For me this is my first attempt to spread the word on this. Spend some time and see if you think this is credible or not, and if you do, start conversations on it with people you know as it will take a lot of political pressure from we the people to stop what is going on.

    https://usawatchdog.com/climate-engi...ane-wigington/

    http://www.geoengineeringwatch.org/
    Chem trail conspiracy!!!!!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by genuineoriginal View Post
      I see you are a global cooling denier.
      Yup. It's the complete absence of evidence that does it for me.


      Self appointed representative of the reality based community. [Send complaints to /dev/null.]

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Jonahdog View Post
        Chem trail conspiracy!!!!!
        Yeah, the chemtrails! I just watched the 'proof' of chemtrails in a video clip that claims to show the spraying being turnde on and off, but which is simply the planes moving from an area with conditions that produce wingtip vortex contrails to an area which doesn't. It really is amazing how a lack of knowledge in some people is filled by exciting folk theories that are so obvioiusly nothing but hot air to the rest of us.


        Self appointed representative of the reality based community. [Send complaints to /dev/null.]

        Comment


        • Originally posted by gcthomas View Post
          Yeah, the chemtrails! I just watched the 'proof' of chemtrails in a video clip that claims to show the spraying being turnde on and off, but which is simply the planes moving from an area with conditions that produce wingtip vortex contrails to an area which doesn't. It really is amazing how a lack of knowledge in some people is filled by exciting folk theories that are so obvioiusly nothing but hot air to the rest of us.
          I lived in Orange County California in the late 80s when they were spraying the whole county for fruit flies. Those were some real chemtrails!! The black helicopters would fly low over our neighborhood in formation, and we were all supposed to stay indoors and preferably keep our cars garaged. I guess it helped me to want to clean out our garage enough to get the cars in!

          Comment


          • It's pretty plain that nobody who responded here to my post has spent any time at all looking at the evidence I linked to.

            1. [sarcasm] The US government has never conducted harmful operations against it's own citizens.[/sarcasm]
            2. There is on-the-record testimony before the US Senate from back in the early 1970s that the US military was already capable of storm system creation, drought modification, changing weather patterns, storm steering, earthquake creation and suppression, lightning modification, fog creation and dissipation, etc.... [sarcasm] That the same testimony was already speaking specifically to climate modification being possible doesn't mean anything at all.[/sarcasm]
            3. [sarcasm] US weapons technology has basically been at a standstill since the 1970s. [/sarcasm]
            4. [sarcasm] The worst place to hide anything is in plain sight. [/sarcasm]
            5. [sarcasm] There has never been a government involved in a conspiracy against its own people since the beginning of time. No siree. Politicians and government bureaucrats have a neverending history of being pure as the driven snow. Corruption has never been a part of any government.[/sarcasm]
            “Liberty cannot be established without morality, nor morality without faith.”
            ― Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

            “One and God make a majority.”
            ― Frederick Douglass

            Comment


            • Originally posted by The Barbarian View Post
              Barbarian checks...

              NASA surface temperature anomaly data:
              2000 57
              2001 67
              2002 80
              2003 77
              2004 69
              2005 88
              2006 77
              2007 86
              2008 65
              2009 80
              2010 93
              2011 79
              2012 77
              2013 82
              2014 88
              2015 98
              2016 125

              Mother nature certainly seems to be a cooling denier.
              I looked up the phrase NASA surface temperature anomaly data, since you didn't give a reference, and landed here:

              They had an interesting graphic on the site which showed a timelapse of temperatures around the globe from 1884 to 2016, and they describe it like this: "The time series below shows the five-year average variation of global surface temperatures." I've shown just the 1884 image, but you may go see the whole sequence.


              I'm curious as to where the data came from, especially in Antarctica in 1884. Surely there were not temperature stations on Antarctica recording temperature that early?? And if not, did they extrapolate from somewhere nearby, like in the south Pacific, where missionaries were still being killed by the native populations just 20 years before (from "written" history--a biography of John G. Paton. Very intriguing story)? Can we really say that we have sufficient information to derive changes in temperature from those areas?

              If not, what are these "data"? Are they "modeled" values? Keep in mind, I'm not saying they are wrong, but how comfortable are we saying that they are right, either?

              This goes back to my post earlier about how well we can trust "analysis"? It is valuable, but also suspect. It is "rewritten" history. Not wrong, necessarily, but suspect, just as "written" history can be suspect.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by ffreeloader View Post
                It's pretty plain that nobody who responded here to my post has spent any time at all looking at the evidence I linked to.

                1. [sarcasm] The US government has never conducted harmful operations against it's own citizens.[/sarcasm]
                2. There is on-the-record testimony before the US Senate from back in the early 1970s that the US military was already capable of storm system creation, drought modification, changing weather patterns, storm steering, earthquake creation and suppression, lightning modification, fog creation and dissipation, etc.... [sarcasm] That the same testimony was already speaking specifically to climate modification being possible doesn't mean anything at all.[/sarcasm]
                3. [sarcasm] US weapons technology has basically been at a standstill since the 1970s. [/sarcasm]
                4. [sarcasm] The worst place to hide anything is in plain sight. [/sarcasm]
                5. [sarcasm] There has never been a government involved in a conspiracy against its own people since the beginning of time. No siree. Politicians and government bureaucrats have a neverending history of being pure as the driven snow. Corruption has never been a part of any government.[/sarcasm]
                And because these statements are false, that makes the chemtrail conspiracy true?

                Comment


                • If not, what are these "data"? Are they "modeled" values? Keep in mind, I'm not saying they are wrong, but how comfortable are we saying that they are right, either?
                  Until the introduction of ocean buoys, the readings taken by ocean vessels were used.

                  Data is here:
                  https://data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/t...LB.Ts+dSST.txt

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by The Barbarian View Post
                    Until the introduction of ocean buoys, the readings taken by ocean vessels were used.

                    Data is here:
                    https://data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/t...LB.Ts+dSST.txt
                    Thanks for that, Barbarian, but I only see a single point per month of each year. That is not enough data for the image I showed. Is there a more extensive database that your link was drawn from?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by ffreeloader View Post
                      It's pretty plain that nobody who responded here to my post has spent any time at all looking at the evidence I linked to.

                      1. [sarcasm] The US government has never conducted harmful operations against it's own citizens.[/sarcasm]
                      2. There is on-the-record testimony before the US Senate from back in the early 1970s that the US military was already capable of storm system creation, drought modification, changing weather patterns, storm steering, earthquake creation and suppression, lightning modification, fog creation and dissipation, etc.... [sarcasm] That the same testimony was already speaking specifically to climate modification being possible doesn't mean anything at all.[/sarcasm]
                      3. [sarcasm] US weapons technology has basically been at a standstill since the 1970s. [/sarcasm]
                      4. [sarcasm] The worst place to hide anything is in plain sight. [/sarcasm]
                      5. [sarcasm] There has never been a government involved in a conspiracy against its own people since the beginning of time. No siree. Politicians and government bureaucrats have a neverending history of being pure as the driven snow. Corruption has never been a part of any government.[/sarcasm]
                      So the fact I discussed a specific item from your links just passed you by, did it? Well, that wasn't worth my effort then, was it?


                      Self appointed representative of the reality based community. [Send complaints to /dev/null.]

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Derf View Post
                        Thanks for that, Barbarian, but I only see a single point per month of each year. That is not enough data for the image I showed. Is there a more extensive database that your link was drawn from?
                        There is data from geosynchronous and polar-orbit satellites. NOAA has some information on those.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by gcthomas View Post
                          Yup. It's the complete absence of evidence that does it for me.
                          Curious.
                          The complete lack of evidence that manmade CO2 causes global warming has made me think that global warming is a hoax.
                          Learn to read what is written.

                          _____
                          The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
                          ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by genuineoriginal View Post
                            Curious.
                            The complete lack of evidence that manmade CO2 causes global warming has made me think that global warming is a hoax.
                            And you came to this conclusion based on your years and indepth study of climate. Must be.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Jonahdog View Post
                              And you came to this conclusion based on your years and indepth study of climate. Must be.
                              Where is the evidence?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by The Barbarian View Post
                                Barbarian checks...

                                NASA surface temperature anomaly data:
                                2000 57
                                2001 67
                                2002 80
                                2003 77
                                2004 69
                                2005 88
                                2006 77
                                2007 86
                                2008 65
                                2009 80
                                2010 93
                                2011 79
                                2012 77
                                2013 82
                                2014 88
                                2015 98
                                2016 125

                                Mother nature certainly seems to be a cooling denier.
                                How many times has that data been changed?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X