THE BLAME GAME.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Uh, never said I was.
Since when did that matter to the SJWs (slack jawed wackadoodles)?

I simply noted that his reporting spam ain't flying here as admin were obviously getting fed up of it.
Some people use the report function like Snapchat.

As to 'telling others not to pick on Town' - he hardly needs any help in dealing with snowflakes GD...
Well, to be fair I hate getting it in my hair. :plain: What? :eek:

James.Roberts

That's like blaming a cockroach problem on the flashlight that finds them.
Bad analogy. The MSM has been carrying water for the alt-Left Movement and the Hollywood elitists for years. You know that whether you are willing to admit it or not is up to your conscious to decide. Yes, Hugo Chavez, Fidel Castro, and Kim Jong-Un are (were) all wonderful people who only wanted the best for their people. I just read today that Canada's Trudeau is in Ireland trying to tell them abortion is a human right! What rights do the aborted have for life? Any group that supports abortion as a human right isn't worthy of support by anyone professing to be a Christian.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Bad analogy.
No it wasn't. You blamed the problem of the Klan and their ilk on media attention. While I'll grant you advertising helps just about anyone if the buyer is stupid enough, but that's still blaming the wrong party. The problem with the Klan is their ideology and the willingness of people to buy into it on one level or another.

I put it this way, most Americans actually subscribe to the idea that the poverty rate of blacks is at least a little bit reflective of genetics. :plain:

The MSM has been carrying water for the alt-Left Movement and the Hollywood elitists for years.
So, like a weaker, "Who really watches it?" version of Fox News? The number one source for news in America? Okay, and?

You know that whether you are willing to admit it or not is up to your conscious to decide.
You'd be better off telling me what you believe you know and why I should.

Yes, Hugo Chavez, Fidel Castro, and Kim Jong-Un are (were) all wonderful people who only wanted the best for their people.
That's not it. What else do you have? Anything in a size...oh, argument? And I'm very much into fact accessories. I already have a wallet. I'm not buying more without a good reason.

I just read today that Canada's Trudeau is in Ireland trying to tell them abortion is a human right!
Then he's an idiot. What does that have to do with the price of tea in Montreal? Or the point we're debating?

What rights do the aborted have for life?
Did we just switch threads or only conversations? In either event, my position of abortion is long standing.

Any group that supports abortion as a human right isn't worthy of support by anyone professing to be a Christian.
So when do you leave the country? Because the last time I looked that would be the U.S. Or do you mean you can exist within a larger group without subscribing to every belief it carries, or that you can (in this one at least) oppose, adamantly oppose any number of those notions and work to have them changed? And did you know there's a pro life group within the Democratic Party? Or that a surprisingly large number of Republicans are pro choice, to one degree or another?

Pew had it at 34% (link).

And the problem with the Klan isn't the press any more than reporting on traffic accidents increases their likelihood or numbers.

James.Roberts

No it wasn't. You blamed the problem of the Klan and their ilk on media attention. While I'll grant you advertising helps just about anyone if the buyer is stupid enough, but that's still blaming the wrong party. The problem with the Klan is their ideology and the willingness of people to buy into it on one level or another.
The problem of fringe groups is maintaining and increasing their membership. BLM, KKK, Antifa, et al. need to be in the news just like the Taliban and radicalized Muslim extremists. The MSM are complying and trying to stir up the masses against Trump with both real and fake news because he's an outsider. But in so doing, they're giving aid and comfort to this nations enemies, enemies funded from outside sources like George Soros. Enemies from within and without.
I put it this way, most Americans actually subscribe to the idea that the poverty rate of blacks is at least a little bit reflective of genetics. :plain:
Prove it. Blanket statements without proof are a liberals security blanket.
So, like a weaker, "Who really watches it?" version of Fox News? The number one source for news in America? Okay, and?
Do you have a point, or is that asking too much?
Y
You'd be better off telling me what you believe you know and why I should.
So you're telling me how you want me to argue? I'm new here but I can see you and I are getting off to a rocky relationship from the get-go!
That's not it. What else do you have? Anything in a size...oh, argument? And I'm very much into fact accessories. I already have a wallet. I'm not buying more without a good reason.
I'm not debating here. That's not my objective although it appears to be yours. If you want to shout me down and not let me speak freely, you're no better than the Black Panthers, BLM, Antifa, etc.
Then he's an idiot. What does that have to do with the price of tea in Montreal? Or the point we're debating?
As I said, I am not debating. I'm just stating facts. Deal with it!
Did we just switch threads or only conversations? In either event, my position of abortion is long standing.
The Liberal litmus test is abortion. So if you support liberal causes/candidates like we discussed, your claim to be pro-Life is without essential proof.
So when do you leave the country? Because the last time I looked that would be the U.S. Or do you mean you can exist within a larger group without subscribing to every belief it carries, or that you can (in this one at least) oppose, adamantly oppose any number of those notions and work to have them changed? And did you know there's a pro life group within the Democratic Party? Or that a surprisingly large number of Republicans are pro choice, to one degree or another?
You fail the liberal litmus test, but you cling to it's other "values".
Pew had it at 34% (link).
Don't care about polls.
And the problem with the Klan isn't the press any more than reporting on traffic accidents increases their likelihood or numbers.
Wow. You really like making up analogies don't you? It adds nothing to this discussion which I hoped would be civil. Guess I was wrong there. Maybe it's impossible for a liberal to have a civil discussion.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

so what's the answer?

drive them underground?

or let them out into the public sphere and surround them in numbers twenty-fold theirs and shout them down until they become violent?

or just whine about it on the internet?

tell me town - when did holding a reprehensible contrary opinion become unacceptable?

and how come you find more objectionable those who are racist than bammy, who approved of the murder of children?

Arthur Brain

I'm not debating here. That's not my objective although it appears to be yours. If you want to shout me down and not let me speak freely, you're no better than the Black Panthers, BLM, Antifa, etc.

As I said, I am not debating. I'm just stating facts. Deal with it!

Well, you're not debating for sure but you'll find that that's a key component in actual discussion around these parts, especially where it comes to politics. The fact is that nobody is shouting you down or depriving you of your right to speak freely here so lighten up a bit as well. People can say they're 'stating facts' and frequently do although it's often biased opinion one way or the other so unless it's a blog you're more interested in then it's all up for scrutiny and...'debate'...;)

Wow. You really like making up analogies don't you? It adds nothing to this discussion which I hoped would be civil. Guess I was wrong there. Maybe it's impossible for a liberal to have a civil discussion.

Town Heretic isn't a 'liberal' and to be honest, you're hardly being very civil when you make erroneous presumptions about folk?

:think:

James.Roberts

Well, you're not debating for sure but you'll find that that's a key component in actual discussion around these parts, especially where it comes to politics. The fact is that nobody is shouting you down or depriving you of your right to speak freely here so lighten up a bit as well. People can say they're 'stating facts' and frequently do although it's often biased opinion one way or the other so unless it's a blog you're more interested in then it's all up for scrutiny and...'debate'...;)
I made a mistake, actually, several. I should have never jumped into this political discussion in the first place. And I should have spent more time scrutinizing this site before asking to be a member. I don't believe I am TOL material. This is not situation productive for either of us.
Town Heretic isn't a 'liberal' and to be honest, you're hardly being very civil when you make erroneous presumptions about folk?

:think:
Whether I was civil or not in my short stay here, that's for others to decide. I can only be me and I don't belong here. I'm in my second year of a two year ban on another Christian website. Maybe I'll go back there in another year or so.

Adios, AB.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Journalism used to be an honorable profession. Today, true Journalism and Investigative Reporting are on life support. The Left and Main Stream Media want to pull the plug.

The Newscasters of today rely on "EDITORIALIZATION" alone. They're too lazy to go out and find the news so, in many cases, they just make it up.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The KKK is more than a minor issue because the extremists on the Left and the Media won't let it be. That's why you'll see the anti-Trump messaging continue, with more professors, teachers and representatives calling for his assassination. How would the MSM act if someone had called for President Obama's assassination?

That's true.

Status
Not open for further replies.