Donald Trump Wins the 2016 Election

Christ's Word

The only people shocked that Trump won are the delusionals that live in a bubble and lie to themselves constantly. Pitting an executive that works 100 hours a week against a bunch of lazy and corrupt politicians used to working 15 hours a week 3 months out of a year is a mismatch. Anyone with a brain saw this coming over a year ago, including Ann Coulter and Tom Hall.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The Nazis were a far more mighty and reaching force than ISIS
Has nothing to do with your being dead wrong on your point. Yes, refugees cross oceans. The Irish did it to escape famine and persecution at home. Those Jews we turned away (and some whom we didn't) did or tried to in order to escape a less natural calamity. Europe is absorbing most of those fleeing ISIS, but they asked us to shoulder some of the burden that creates and we have. You can't lead the free world from the rear, can't keep the statue of liberty as a national symbol if you don't really mean it.

, though it's hard to tell when you have liberals philandering with them rather than dealing with it.
So if you want to be taken seriously (and there has to be a mathematical possibility on the point) you need to understand history better and choose your words more carefully. Philandering isn't one of those words. Look it up and chose another.

Muslims went into those countries across seas as immigrants, and as soon as they got their foothold they started producing Islamic influences with protests and demands.
People bring their faith and traditions with them. It doesn't follow that those faiths or traditions get to dictate to anyone else or violate the law of the lands where they then reside. Germany and France have absorbed the most Islamic refugees. They're in the closest daily proximity to those people and here's the bottom line: France and Germany have the least unfavorable opinion of those Muslims, with only 29% holding a negative opinion.

Another curious bit of information. In Germany, where over four million Muslims live and work, the impression was heavily influenced by political leaning. Among the right, the unfavorable to unfavorable was 47/53, while among the left it was 17/83, meaning that either those conservatives were among the most unlucky people in Germany, living with the worst of refugees and other Muslims, or there was something else going on to explain an otherwise inexplicable difference between the impressions. (Pew Research, link)

My best guess is that you don't know any of them, haven't had to work beside or live near them and that as with history, you're speaking from your bias, a bias that is "informed" by your politics and not from knowledge of any appreciable sort beyond the anecdotal spread by likened minds.

They brought controversy and trouble into those places, and those liberal idiots did what they did best- they made their own people pay the price for it. Speaking against them is 'hate speech', practicing your expression and religious will is hated, anon anon.

The alt right over there has told America to not make the same mistake, and you call them 'bigots' as well.
It' is bigoted to promote a hostile fear based in an ignorant assumption. Your rhetoric is a working definition on the point. It's much like your rhetoric with women.

We see the fatalism in yall's ways and refused to let that happen. How 'bigoted' of us :rolleyes:
Deal with it.
No, you don't see at all. You fear. And that fear coupled with an ignorance of the topic isn't virtuous, isn't particularly American, as ideas go. You give us most people, let them experience what this nation has to offer and in a generation they'll be the backbone of the next wave of the American dream, if they don't arrive that way. We're a resilient people with a powerful notion about freedom and human dignity. If you ever fully grasp that you'll be part of the solution instead of the problem.

As an aside, something that might interest Christians, while Europe has been steadily losing converts among its native population, Christian conversions are a growing reality of significance among the refugees, many of whom have never had the opportunity to embrace or practice the faith.
Hundreds of Pakistanis and Afghans have been lining up at a local swimming pool in Hamburg, Germany, to be baptized as Christians. In the Netherlands and Denmark, as well, many are converting from Islam to Christianity, and the trend appears to be growing. Indeed, converts are filling up some European churches largely forsaken by their old Christian flocks...

The German pastor of the Evangelical-Lutheran church in Berlin calls the conversion phenomenon “a gift from God.” In his modest community a staggering 1,200 Muslims, mainly Afghans and Iranians, converted in just three years...One young Iranian woman convert told the German news magazine Stern, “I’ve been looking all my life for peace and happiness, but in Islam, I have not found them,” Another convert told Stern he had found in Christianity an element—love—that was missing from the faith he was brought up in. “In Islam, we always lived in fear,” he said. “Fear God, fear of sin, fear of punishment. But Christ is a God of love.” - Nanette De Vissar, Daily Beast link

The message of Christ is a hopeful one, a courageous one, a sacrificial one. We do it and Him no service when turn away those in need of it.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Has nothing to do with your being dead wrong on your point.

I'm not wrong on anything :idunno:

The Irish did it to escape famine and persecution at home.

They came here to escape Europe altogether, and the first thing they did here was spread Catholicism and prejudice.

I think it's time people acknowledged the obvious- Muslims will come over here and spread Islam and prejudice.
And their religion and prejudice is far more militant. That's why the Middle East sucks, but you all want to rationalize a difference between the extremists and the zealots- newsflash: they start out as zealots.

Europe is absorbing most of those fleeing ISIS, but they asked us to shoulder some of the burden that creates and we have. You can't lead the free world from the rear, can't keep the statue of liberty as a national symbol if you don't really mean it.

They were too lazy and politically correct to create places for them outside their borders, and people paid dearly for it. That is why they asked us to usher them in- our statue of liberty does not signify 'this is the dumping ground of the world for you to exploit'.

The fact that yall had to lie to keep your illusion of integrity alive speaks volumes. Most of those refugees are not women and children, and they are not so bad off as they are portrayed. When media goes out there and restricts footage and photos to match their agenda, it is damning to your standing. But for some reason you all just don't see it that way.

You all look right over the downtrodden and homeless here in America to move mountains for these people on the other side of the planet and that just tells me that it has nothing to do with integrity or good will. It's nothing more than part of yall's absurd agenda, and every single Trump supporter in the country sees that :wave:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I'm not wrong on anything :idunno:
Add that one to the growing list. You said refugees don't cross oceans, blah-blah-blah. I've rebutted you with two easy examples, one political and one rooted in natural disaster. The Jews in WWII crossed that ocean. The Irish crossed it in the wake of a famine. So your above makes it three for three on getting it wrong.

I've rebutted the rest of your unsupported hogwash with argument, fact and link to authority. I'm not interested in your usual methodology of declare, declare, declare and deny. It's boring, uninformed and demonstrably errant. Learn how to argue. Get an education. Because one way or the other, you're going to be schooled.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Add that one to the growing list. You said refugees don't cross oceans, blah-blah-blah. I've rebutted you with two easy examples, one political and one rooted in natural disaster. The Jews in WWII crossed that ocean. The Irish crossed it in the wake of a famine. So your above makes it three for three on getting it wrong.

I've rebutted the rest of your unsupported hogwash with argument, fact and link to authority. I'm not interested in your usual methodology of declare, declare, declare and deny. It's boring, uninformed and demonstrably errant. Learn how to argue. Get an education. Because one way or the other, you're going to be schooled.

You're really just beating a straw man is all. When I spoke of crossing oceans, I also spoke of traveling 1500+ miles to get to the shore as well. These 'refugees' literally come to the other side of the planet, and that's 'emigration' in my book.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
You're really just beating a straw man is all.
No, I beat your declaration and I did it with fact. You just don't like it.

When I spoke of crossing oceans, I also spoke of traveling 1500+ miles to get to the shore as well.
So you're flailing around to find another way to sustain the unsustainable point. But just to give you an additional education, the distance from Ireland to New York is roughly twice the distance you noted. And the Jews came from farther still.

These 'refugees' literally come to the other side of the planet, and that's 'emigration' in my book.
If you're going to retreat to irrationality why stop at literal distance. Name the countries the Muslims are coming from and cite that as the litmus...while any thinking, reasoned soul laughs their pants off at you.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Trump's presidency may lead to the continued rise of China on the world stage.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-climatechange-idUSKBN1360DK

The election of climate change skeptic Donald Trump as president is likely to end the U.S. leadership role in the international fight against global warming and may lead to the emergence of a new and unlikely champion: China.

China worked closely with the administration of outgoing President Barack Obama to build momentum ahead of the 2015 Paris Agreement on climate change. The partnership of the two biggest greenhouse gas emitters helped get nearly 200 countries to support the pact at the historic meet in France's capital.

By contrast, Trump has called global warming a hoax created by China to give it an economic advantage and said he plans to remove the United States from the historic climate agreement, as well as reverse many of Obama's measures to combat climate change.

He has appointed noted climate change skeptic Myron Ebell to help lead transition planning for the Environmental Protection Agency, which has crafted the administration’s major environmental regulations such as the Clean Power Plan and efficiency standards for cars and trucks.

Beijing is poised to cash in on the goodwill it could earn by taking on leadership in dealing with what for many other governments is one of the most urgent issues on their agenda.

"Proactively taking action against climate change will improve China's international image and allow it to occupy the moral high ground," Zou Ji, deputy director of the National Centre for Climate Change Strategy and a senior Chinese climate talks negotiator, told Reuters.

Zou said that if Trump abandons efforts to implement the Paris agreement, "China's influence and voice are likely to increase in global climate governance, which will then spill over into other areas of global governance and increase China's global standing, power and leadership."

Election Day was a big loss for the environment. GOP got the presidency, Congress, and will have the SCOTUS. Environmental progress in the US is out the window. I hope China does step up efforts.

Another issue I heard about where China may be able to gain more influence is in trade. If Trump really does lessen US trade agreements then China may step in to fill that void. I have mixed feelings about that one because I do tend to like more protectionist policies. I'm also not sure I want China taking a larger role in global trade.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Trump's new health care system is going to be great -

I read an article about that. It said that a full-scale repeal of the ACA will still be difficult but that certain parts may get dismantled through defunding. Also, some industry groups don't favor a full repeal either. They just want some changes. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Make America Great Again !!! -

View attachment 24969

a good start! :thumb:

next?

Spoiler
CWxyH0dWEAAxIL0.png