What is your definition of racism?

MarcATL

If for mental reasons, it's likely the manner in which black men approach her. It's likely none have ever behaved in a way that is sexually appealing to her. By the way, despising a culture and it's values is not bigotry. If men come up to her draped in bling and gold teef, and their pants hanging down their rears and talking ghetto, it's not bigoted to be turned off by that.
Where would she have to be spending so much of her time to be approached by such a negative stereotype?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

ClimateSanity

I didn't have dating in mind.

Are you paying attention? That's what angel was talking about . She was called racist because she wouldn't date a black man at work. She said whites were her presence in men for dating. That's what started the conversation.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Are you paying attention? That's what angel was talking about . She was called racist because she wouldn't date a black man at work. She said whites were her presence in men for dating. That's what started the conversation.
I'm aware. But the thread isn't about dating and Angel's comment wasn't about only dating.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel4Truth View Post
Why is bias in ones own preferences a bad thing? Every person on the planet has it, each time they choose anything over another thing.

PureX

In the main I'm physically attracted to Caucasian women, not to say there haven't been exceptions but overall that's where my attractions lie. It's not a conscious decision on my part and I have nothing against other cultures. I think sometimes it's just the way it is without anything else in the mix.
I suspect it has as much to do with what you're 'used to' or comfortable with as the physics. And bigotry is often subconscious. I'm not claiming you're bigoted, I'm just pointing out that you are unlikely to be aware of it, if your were.

ClimateSanity

I suspect it has as much to do with what you're 'used to' or comfortable with as the physics. And bigotry is often subconscious. I'm not claiming you're bigoted, I'm just pointing out that you are unlikely to be aware of it, if your were.

You're not so quick to label your fellow leftists as bigots as you are right wingers I noticed.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
We weren't discussing the man you choose to marry. We were simply discussing the men you find attractive, date-wise.
The man i chose to marry was also a man I found attractive and found superior to other men. Perhaps a vocabulary lesson is needed:

Superior -
Simple Definition of superior

: of high quality : high or higher in quality

: great or greater in amount, number, or degree

: better than other people

Now lets try again, obviously when people choose to marry or even usually when they date, they choose someone who is superior to them over others, period.

Hope this lesson helped :)

Stop trying so hard to insult me. I am not trying to insult you.

I guess calling others who extend their personal preferences are being called racist as an endearment.

I don't have to try to insult you, you do an excellent job on your own with some of the things you say. Its not racist to have your own personal preferences.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
She doesn't believe white men are superior to other races. It's likely angel is attracted PHYSICALLY to white men over all over men. Nothing bigoted about that. It's just biological reality unless she wants to object to what I said.

Nope, you nailed it.