Should homosexuals be given the death penalty?

• Total voters

Gerald

Resident Fiend
lovemeorhateme said:

If so, why so? If not, why not?
More important: how are the authorities supposed to catch them if they don't reveal themselves?

Last edited:

lovemeorhateme

DocHoliday said:
Wait do you mean just for being gay or if the commit an capital crime :confused:

If just because their gay no.

Just for being gay. Should a homosexual be given the death penalty for being gay, or acting on their gay feelings?

DocHoliday

lovemeorhateme said:
Just for being gay. Should a homosexual be given the death penalty for being gay, or acting on their gay feelings?

If they act on their gay feeling toward me then yes.

The Berean

Gerald said:
More important: how are the authorities supposed to catch if they don't reveal themselves?

Well, if homosexuality is genetic then it is possible that a DNA screening test could be given to a fetus. Then the parents could have an abortion if they don't want to have a "gay" baby, right? :rolleyes:

lovemeorhateme

The Berean said:
Well, if homosexuality is genetic then it is possible that a DNA screening test could be given to a fetus. Then the parents could have an abortion if they don't want to have a "gay" baby, right? :rolleyes:

Ah, but you wouldn't want to get rid of homosexuals. They're useful as something else to rant about! You always need something else when ya angry to take ya stress out on! :chuckle:

The Berean

lovemeorhateme said:
Ah, but you wouldn't want to get rid of homosexuals. They're useful as something else to rant about! You always need something else when ya angry to take ya stress out on! :chuckle:

Well, we always have the Democrats, NOW, terrorists, and Adam Sandler to rant about, right? :think:

lovemeorhateme

DocHoliday said:
Simple a gay guy starts hitting on me then yes. It was suppose to be a attempt at humor but it failed. :rain:

If a gay guy starts hitting on you, which is highly unlikely, wouldn't it be better to tell them that you are not interested than to condemn them to death?

Agape4Robin

beanieboy said:
That has actually worked before - the "gay panic."
That was before you people started coming out of "hetero" marriages and saying...."Oh, by the way.......I'm gay". It left us straight people wondering..........:think: Who's next??!!!!:shocked:

beanieboy

Agape4Robin said:
That was before you people started coming out of "hetero" marriages and saying...."Oh, by the way.......I'm gay". It left us straight people wondering..........:think: Who's next??!!!!:shocked:

Thought shalt not kill*

*unless someone makes a pass at you of the same sex.

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1589/is_2005_April_12/ai_n13606961
But what seems a disproportionate response to some may still strike juries as partial justification for the brutal murder of gay men. In Kentucky, 23-year-old Josh Cottrell admitted beating to death Guinn "Richie" Phillips, a 36-year-old gay Rineyville man, and then stuffing his body into a suitcase. Taking the stand during his trial, Cottrell argued that he killed Phillips in self-defense after the older man attempted to force him to perform oral sex in a motel room. Beating Phillips unconscious, he claimed, was the only way to avoid unwanted gay sex. What else could he do?

Although they recommended a sentence of 30 years, the jury declined to find Cottrell guilty of murder. They convicted him instead of second-degree manslaughter in a case that could have brought the death penalty. On March 1 a judge sentenced Cottrell, a previously convicted felon, to 20 years in prison. He could be eligible for parole in about two years.

Why did the jury not return a murder conviction? "I think they were looking at my brother being a homosexual when they made their decision to pick the lesser charge," Phillips's brother, Greg, told a local newspaper.

The gay panic defense "reinforces, and perpetuates prejudice and violence against gays" in a wide range of crimes, legislative lawyer Kara Suffredini wrote in a 2001 article for the Boston College Law Review. Arguing that the gay panic defense is loosely defined and used inconsistently, she called for new evidentiary rules to limit its use or for laws banning it entirely.

Surr

The Berean....Generally speaking most people who are that homophobic are usually against abortion as well.

DocHolliday....Gay ppl don't go around hitting on those who they know are straight. And if one just so happened to hit on you, shouldn't you be flattered?