Should homosexuals be given the death penalty?

Should homosexuals be given the death penalty?

• Total voters

Imrahil

LIFETIME MEMBER
BillyBob said:
A theocracy is unConstitutional.
A theocracy is rule by God. I think I'd have a hard time implementing it but if God decides he wants to rule America, I don't think he'd be worried about the Constitution. :chuckle:

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Imrahil said:
A theocracy is rule by God. I think I'd have a hard time implementing it but if God decides he wants to rule America, I don't think he'd be worried about the Constitution. :chuckle:

Well, until God takes clear control of the US, I'll stick with the Constitution.

Agape4Robin

Surr said:
Morality and religion do not go hand in hand. Morality evolved in people before people created religion. Just look at other large-brained mammals. Studies have shown that they too can differentiate between right and wrong.

Yes, I do. Explain yourself.
Point one.........morality evolved? Interesting......:think: Then in approximately 5000 years of human civilization, why are we not more morally sound?
We are not alking about animals here. Let's deal with humans....shall we?

Homos have no control over their behaviour? That makes it ok?

Agape4Robin

Imrahil said:
Judge what? How does that affect what the Bible says?
Judge a homo for being one, and put him or her to death.....not my place.

God says I will be judged by the same standards with which I judge........I can be harsh, so I don't want to go there.

Imrahil

LIFETIME MEMBER
Agape4Robin said:
Judge a homo for being one, and put him or her to death.....not my place.
It's not your place to execute them, no. It is the responsibility of the government. I'm not advocating anarchy or vigilantism. I'm saying the government should have Biblically based laws and enforce them. It is your place to judge on a personal basis. The Bible says to judge not by appearance but with righteous judgement because we will be judging the angels and the world.

In fact, by judging sinners, you are showing them the truth because unless they are warned, they will not turn from their ways and repent. We are told to warn the wicked of their wicked ways. How are we to do that if we can't judge who is righteous and who is wicked?
God says I will be judged by the same standards with which I judge........I can be harsh, so I don't want to go there.
Unless you are judging wrongly or hypocritically, you have done no wrong. Judging with righteous judgment is Biblical.

Agape4Robin

Imrahil said:
It's not your place to execute them, no. It is the responsibility of the government. I'm not advocating anarchy or vigilantism. I'm saying the government should have Biblically based laws and enforce them. It is your place to judge on a personal basis. The Bible says to judge not by appearance but with righteous judgement because we will be judging the angels and the world.

In fact, by judging sinners, you are showing them the truth because unless they are warned, they will not turn from their ways and repent. We are told to warn the wicked of their wicked ways. How are we to do that if we can't judge who is righteous and who is wicked?

Unless you are judging wrongly or hypocritically, you have done no wrong. Judging with righteous judgment is Biblical.
Warning someone is quite different than judging someone.

Remember the woman caught in adultery? By Law, Jesus had every right to judge the woman and put her to death by stoning her. He showed her mercy instead.

Imrahil

LIFETIME MEMBER
BillyBob said:
Well, until God takes clear control of the US, I'll stick with the Constitution.
I'm not saying He is going to. In fact, I don't see it happening. However, would you stick with the constitution if it still legalized race-based slavery or if it were amended to permit heinous crimes?

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Imrahil said:
I'm not saying He is going to. In fact, I don't see it happening. However, would you stick with the constitution if it still legalized race-based slavery or if it were amended to permit heinous crimes?

Just because I support our Constitution doesn't mean I participate in every 'freedom' it allows.

Imrahil

LIFETIME MEMBER
Agape4Robin said:
But how do you warn them if you don't know if they are a sinner or not? Don't you first have to judge whether they are or are not?

Remember the woman caught in adultery? By Law, Jesus had every right to judge the woman and put her to death by stoning her. He showed her mercy instead.
Actually, Jesus had no legal authority to do anything. HE was a jew and the Jews had no power to execute criminals. We don't know if there were sufficient witnesses to condemn her and where was the man anyway? He was in all likelihood a friend of the Pharisees. The Pharisees were setting Jesus up. They were trying to draw him into a conflict with the Roman officials by tricking him into defying their authority and sentencing her to death. He was obviously smarter than them and once again avoided their attempts to trap him.

Surr

Point one.........morality evolved?

LMAO, yes!

Interesting...... Then in approximately 5000 years of human civilization, why are we not more morally sound?

Humans have existed for a little longer than that. ;)

We are not alking about animals here. Let's deal with humans....shall we?

Humans are animals.

Homos have no control over their behaviour? That makes it ok?

Yes, homosexuality is natural. If you are a born a certain way, it makes it natural. I was born with brown hair. My hair is naturally brown. Being as my descendents are from Northern Europe, I have light skin. My skin is naturally a lighter shade of tan.

Imrahil

LIFETIME MEMBER
BillyBob said:
Just because I support our Constituion doesn't mean I participate in every 'freedom' it allows.
True, but that's not my point. My point is you are putting your trust in a document that can change to say anything depending solely on those in power.

Imrahil

LIFETIME MEMBER
Agape4Robin said:

Additionally, God has the authority to forgive someone and pardon them from the consequences. We as humans have the authority to forgive someone for sins against us (if they are repentant)but we are not allowed to set aside the penalties God established.

Agape4Robin

Surr said:
LMAO, yes!

Humans have existed for a little longer than that. ;)
I said approximately.........

Humans are animals.
Mammals....not animals. Maybe your family "evolved" from monkeys, but I was made in the image of God.

Yes, homosexuality is natural. If you are a born a certain way, it makes it natural. I was born with brown hair. My hair is naturally brown. Being as my descendents are from Northern Europe, I have light skin. My skin is naturally a lighter shade of tan.
Nothing has proved that homosexuality is "genetic"....that fraudulent "research" was debunked long ago!

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Imrahil said:
True, but that's not my point. My point is you are putting your trust in a document that can change to say anything depending solely on those in power.

It's not that easy. Do you know how many times the Constitution has been ammended over the past 230 years? 17 times! That's about once every 15 years!!!

It takes a lot of effort to ammend the Constitution, which is one the great things about it.

Imrahil

LIFETIME MEMBER
BillyBob said:
It's not that easy. Do you know how many times the Constitution has been ammended over the past 230 years? 17 times! That's about once every 15 years!!!

It takes a lot of effort to ammend the Constitution, which is one the great things about it.
I realize it is rare but the point is that means that what is the law is relative, depending on what we want it to be. That is wrong.

Agape4Robin

Imrahil said:
Additionally, God has the authority to forgive someone and pardon them from the consequences. We as humans have the authority to forgive someone for sins against us (if they are repentant)but we are not allowed to set aside the penalties God established.
We also have the capacity to forgive evnthose who are unrepentant. Forgiveness is not just for the offender, but for the offended.