Trump Is A Knob

glorydaz

Nothing in what I wrote was a dramatization. That's precisely what you did and didn't do.

This is another example of how you try to distance yourself from personal responsibility, but the fact that you raised it between us tells me that a part of you isn't going to let that happen, no matter what I do or don't say, which is a hopeful sign.

So that's a firm maybe.

Town doesn't know that no amount of verbiage will keep him from reaping what he has sown.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Nothing in what I wrote was a dramatization.
This just keeps getting freakier.

This is another example of how you try to distance yourself from personal responsibility,
Like a parent that does not preview a video that he knows is not geared for children BEFORE he allows his small child to listen.
Precisely.

but the fact that you raised it between us tells me that a part of you isn't going to let that happen, no matter what I do or don't say, which is a hopeful sign.
Freaky.
I'm not the one that started the 'blame game' over the video.
You are.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Like a parent that does not preview a video that he knows is not geared for children BEFORE he allows his small child to listen.
A video about a subject that isn't sex and is on a Christian site, recommended to those participating by someone purporting to be a Christian and who has agreed to follow the rules of the site. I don't feel badly about trusting you prior to the subsequent display of immaturity on your part. Nothing I'd read of you would have led me to believe you'd do that, or that once you knew about it you'd respond as childishly as you did and do.

I'll freely admit to having overestimated you profoundly.

I'm not the one that started the 'blame game' over the video.
There was no game. You were at fault. You brought that here and then lacked the character to own the mistake and remove it. That's just who you've chosen to be, Tam.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
A video about a subject that isn't sex and is on a Christian site, recommended to those participating by someone purporting to be a Christian and who has agreed to follow the rules of the site. I don't feel badly about trusting you prior to the subsequent display of immaturity on your part. Nothing I'd read of you would have led me to believe you'd do that, or that once you knew about it you'd respond as childishly as you did and do.

I'll freely admit to having overestimated you profoundly.

There was no game. You were at fault. You brought that here and then lacked the character to own the mistake and remove it. That's just who you've chosen to be, Tam.

You bet your boots I would say that a father that places his child's welfare in the hands of some acquaintance you barely even know through some online forum is bad parenting.
The reason your little boy heard the word said in the video was because YOU chose to play it where he could hear it.
I had no control over that whatsoever.
And your weepy story of how shocked you are that I would post a video with such a word in it is a joke, as it does nothing to alleviate your responsibility towards what your child is subject to at home.

Dad plays a video at home, without previewing it first, where his little boy can hear it.
"Sorry kid, that person that posted the video is at fault, not me."
Dad watches another video he has not previewed.
Kid hears another bad word.
Dad watches another ........

At some point you need to let go of your excuse of trusting a stranger on an internet site for the content your little boy hears at home without previewing it.
Trusting a virtual stranger for what videos your child hears is not good parenting.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
You bet your boots I would say that a father that places his child's welfare in the hands of some acquaintance you barely even know through some online forum is bad parenting.
Yeah, I didn't do that.

The reason your little boy heard the word said in the video was because YOU chose to play it where he could hear it.
Right. He was playing nearby and I chose to hit play. And once upon a time I watched a Super Bowl where someone exposed a boob. I don't feel guilty about either, since neither should have happened and I had no reason at all to suspect your lack of judgment on something that fundamental.

Fool me once and all.

I had no control over that whatsoever.
You had the only reasonable control in play, your purported value system and your acceptance of the rules of the joint. I mistakenly thought you were the sort of person who would honor the latter and for whom the former would be as offensive as it should be to anyone.

And your weepy story of how shocked you are that I would post a video with such a word in it is a joke
If it is a joke then you're the punch-line. It's not weepy. I simply thought you were someone you don't appear up to being yet. I'm sorry for it, but I can't say I feel bad about not seeing it.

, as it does nothing to alleviate your responsibility towards what your child is subject to at home.
I get you aren't going to accept any semblance of responsibility for your actions. That was clear the day of.

Dad plays a video at home, without previewing it first, where his little boy can hear it.
Rather, dad plays a video on a Christian website promoted by someone purporting to be a Christian and having no history that I know of failing the standards of the place.

Kid hears another bad word.
Dad watches another ........
Never happened. It was a one off. I trusted you to be better than you are. I'd still extend that trust to some here, but it was a lesson about some, mostly those whose conduct and comments are routinely at the fringe and moved by emotion as often or more than reason.

Jack has forgotten it. I don't intend to.

At some point you need to let go of your excuse of trusting a stranger on an internet site for the content your little boy hears at home without previewing it.
Your abdication of personal responsibility and admission of personal failure is accepted. In essence, you just told me I was irresponsible to trust you.

It was naive, but it wasn't irresponsible. I'd read your comments for years. Nothing in them made the outcome anything other than surprising. Your response was less so and remains less so.

Trusting a virtual stranger for what videos your child hears is not good parenting.
People trust the wrong people every day. You fooled me. Congratulations.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
your lack of judgment on something that fundamental
He heard it because of YOUR lack of judgment on something that fundamental.

Fool me once and all.
There was no "fooling" involved.

You had the only reasonable control in play,
Nope, but you did.

Rather, dad plays a video on a Christian website
Correct.
Dad did.
Not Tambora.

I trusted you to be better than you are.
I trusted you to be a better parent to your son.

Your abdication of personal responsibility and admission of personal failure is accepted.
Except that I did not admit failure.
That's just more of your overblown sensitivities.

In essence, you just told me I was irresponsible to trust you.
More overblown nonsense.
That's just an excuse you use to make your bad parenting more palatable to you.

You fooled me.
No fooling was involved, just your overactive imagination.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I don't believe you can make a strong case that trusting anyone to continue to act as you'd witnessed them act over a period of years indicates a lack of judgment.

If I hadn't been I would never have hit play, the way I never will again for any video you post.

You don't have to admit to being on fire. It's hard to miss. You did though, in a way, here:

Meaning I shouldn't have trusted your character. Man, that's a hard way to win a point.

I don't expect you to admit to anything. Which means you just might one of these days, I suppose. :)

glorydaz

Nope, but you did.

Correct.
Dad did.
Not Tambora.

That's just more of your overblown sensitivities.

More overblown nonsense.
That's just an excuse you use to make your bad parenting more palatable to you.

No fooling was involved, just your overactive imagination.

Shame on you, Tam. You refuse to be persuaded by Town's pleadings. ;)

Perhaps he's not as convincing as he wants everyone to believe. :think:

After all, if he can't get you to take the blame for his failure to supervise his own child, he might look like a failure as well as a geek. So much at stake here....a man's pride, for crying out loud. :jawdrop:

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
OK. You are both miffed at each other, now it would be a good time to let it go.

glorydaz

I don't believe you can make a strong case that trusting anyone to continue to act as you'd witnessed them act over a period of years indicates a lack of judgment.

If I hadn't been I would never have hit play, the way I never will again for any video you post.

You don't have to admit to being on fire. It's hard to miss. You did though, in a way, here:

Meaning I shouldn't have trusted your character. Man, that's a hard way to win a point.

I don't expect you to admit to anything. Which means you just might one of these days, I suppose. :)

What will the Clown do when the lady in the supermarket says, "Where is the f'ing tomato sauce?"

Probably sue the store. :nono:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
OK. You are both miffed at each other, now it would be a good time to let it go.
Hiya, Kat. I was having a different conversation with PJ. Tam decided to weigh in with this:
:jawdrop:
I hope your little son wasn't in the room.

So let's not confuse this with two people looking for a fight. Apparently it's still weighing on her. I simply and steadfastly answered her.

What glory is up to I can't say. Probably egging her on, but who knows? Well, you do, probably, unless you also have her on ignore...which isn't the worst idea for anyone.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Funny, considering I had posted videos with the f-bomb or other "bad" words in it long before this incident.
And so have several others on your 'friends' list.
A good parent would have paid attention and not just relied on assumption.

If I hadn't been I would never have hit play,
You just cannot get past the fact that because YOU hit play, your child heard a bad word.
And I feel pretty confident that your little boy has heard the word before because YOU didn't preview content before allowing it to be heard.
When it comes to YOU playing videos that your child can hear, it is YOU that has proved to be a bad parent.
No matter how hard you try (and you have tried really hard) to blame your child hearing the video on me, I'm not the parent that hit play for him to hear before reviewing content.
That was YOU, all YOU.

the way I never will again for any video you post.
Another over-reaction.
All you need to do is what a good parent does ----- preview content before playing it where your child can hear it, no matter who posted it.
Easy peasy. (Well, for a good parent it is.)

Meaning I shouldn't have trusted your character.
Another over-reaction.
You had complete control over whether your child heard the video or not, but failed with that control.

Man, that's a hard way to win a point.
Oh, you think there is a point to win.
:rotfl:
Liberals are hilarious!

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What will the Clown do when the lady in the supermarket says, "Where is the f'ing tomato sauce?"

Probably sue the store. :nono:
With Town and his itchy 'play' finger as his parent, he gets to hear it at home.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Funny, considering I had posted videos with the f-bomb or other "bad" words in it long before this incident.
Really? That's disappointing. Not shocking at this point, but that's life for you.

And so have several others on your 'friends' list.
Yeah, your credibility is just about zero at this point, so...

A good parent would have paid attention and not just relied on assumption.
Nof offense, but you're just not someone I'd take any advice from or whose judgement, given, means very much.

You just cannot get past the fact that because YOU hit play, your child heard a bad word.
I've never been unclear on the point. And, again, his head didn't explode. He knows, because I've taught him, that decent people don't use that word or if they do they apologize for it and try to keep from making that mistake again. He's a great kid.

And I feel pretty confident that your little boy has heard the word before because YOU didn't preview content before allowing it to be heard.
He'd heard it at school, but no, not at home.

When it comes to YOU playing videos that your child can hear, it is YOU that has proved to be a bad parent.
I don't think making an honest if naive mistake makes you a bad parent or I suspect there wouldn't be anyone who could claim to be a good one. Now if I didn't learn from the lesson you'd have a good point instead of one I'm about to put your eye out with.

Now if you choose, as you did, to put that sorriness into play (and apparently, according to you, you've done this repeatedly) it says something about your standards. I don't expect you to own it, but there it is.

Now I'll leave you and glory to keep chatting about me. There's really no point in trying to help you see anything. You're too filled with whatever it is that makes you comfortable with breaking faith around here. Good luck with that. You're joining glory on my ignore pile.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Now I'll leave you and glory to keep chatting about me. There's really no point in trying to help you see anything. You're too filled with whatever it is that makes you comfortable with breaking faith around here. Good luck with that. You're joining glory on my ignore pile.
You made a mountain out of mole hill then and you're doing it now. You can't stand being proven wrong and shown to make bad parenting decisions.