can we do this war RIGHT???!! maybe?

republicanchick

we are at war.. have been for a long time..

I said a long time ago we can't win it by air strikes alone... Military experts have said this for some time.. but who listens?

Are the American people a bunch of softie wimps?

well, many are... just like in the last days of the Roman Empire

but i will bet if you asked VETERANS if they were willing to go fight those devils over in the middle east...

might get a different response

all this military power... going to waste...

and those devils WANT to die even...

can't make it up... just can't make it up...

___

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Did those fighting in the Crusades make a good effort, or did they fool around? Can we do better now?

republicanchick

Did those fighting in the Crusades make a good effort, or did they fool around? Can we do better now?

I wasn't there

but I know some (apparently very reliable) history

Muslims have been trying to destroy Christianity for 1500 years...

some these days are helping them win...

couldn't care less about their own country

really sick

Tis a sick bird who befouls his own nest

++

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
If we had the same determination, which prevailed on both sides during the crusades, we could beat them into the ground, no contest.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
we are at war.. have been for a long time..

I said a long time ago we can't win it by air strikes alone... Military experts have said this for some time.. but who listens?

Are the American people a bunch of softie wimps?

well, many are... just like in the last days of the Roman Empire

but i will bet if you asked VETERANS if they were willing to go fight those devils over in the middle east...

might get a different response

all this military power... going to waste...

and those devils WANT to die even...

can't make it up... just can't make it up...

___
If war was really effective, we would have had world peace from the beginning.

Both sides assert they are right and the “other” is wrong or evil. Both sides are unyielding. Both sides suffer casualties that are friends and relatives. The old, the children, the women and the men get destroyed, which only brings up fantasies of revenge on both sides.

I think Jesus told us to “love our enemies” because he realized on some level that we need our opponents.

For the first time in human history, all of us on the planet are having to live in the same room. There is a lot of conflict and a lot of sharp elbows to contend with.

If you imagine the fact that when there are two prisoners in a cell, two people in a marriage, a pair of Siamese twins, two Christians with different theologies and interpretations, they are forced into pragmatic problem-solving or they end up destroying themselves and each other.

They are going to have profound differences. But being human is a matter of dealing with those differences and allowing the other person to have their dignity as well as liberty and justice.