On Cowards and Heroes

Arthur Brain

I'm sorry, but your comment is here is downright offensive. How are you judging how others, mostly young people, acted in an impromptu time of great stress and danger to their lives? What would you have them do? And who are you to say that you would have acted any differently under the stress of the situation?

When you're actuality thrust into a life threatening situation it's not the same as playing out a hero fantasy in your head. Things change because it's not a fantasy and your life is on the line.

Have you ever actually been in a similar situation? If not then you need to sit down and quit pretending

:thumb:

Yep. Bear in mind here that you're dealing with one of the most asinine trolls that this forum has ever seen. He thrives on being a complete and total tosspot.

Greg Jennings

get the silly little coward to explain how watching your classmates get slaughtered while you just sit there is heroic

Am I the silly coward? If I am, then I fully encourage everyone to read this thread in full and see the fool doser makes of himself throughout it. Constantly rebuked and his "points" rebuffed, he maintains that he is right and I am running for the hills in defeat.

Gotta love fundamentalists, don't you?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I haven't followed this on the msm at all, so I'm working from wiki:

At 10:38 a.m. PDT, the first 9-1-1 call was made from Snyder Hall on the school campus reporting shooting.[5] Students reported that the shooting began in Classroom 15, where English and writing classes are conducted.[6][7]
Harper-Mercer, who was a student in the writing class, shot the assistant English professor at point-blank range. Some witnesses said he then forced fellow students to the center of the classroom[8] and asked several for their religion before shooting them.[9] Other witnesses said he asked if students were Christians, mocking those who replied in the affirmative that they would go to heaven as he shot them.[a] Some students were shot multiple times;[9][12][13] one woman was struck several times in the stomach while trying to close a classroom door.[14] One witness said he made a woman beg for her life before shooting her, and also shot another woman when she tried to reason with him.[15] One victim, Sarena Dawn Moore, was killed while seated in a wheelchair.[16] Another witness said Harper-Mercer deliberately spared one student's life so that student could deliver a package from him to police,[17] and forced him to sit at the back of the classroom and watch as he continued shooting.[18]

contrast the actions of those victims with the following:

According to a witness, Chris Mintz, a U.S. Army veteran who was studying fitness training at the college,[38] ran to the library, where he began pulling alarms and telling people to run away.[39] He then ran into the building where the shooting was taking place and attempted to block Harper-Mercer from moving out of Classroom 15. Mintz was shot three times while standing and another four times while on the floor, but survived.

in the first case, the victims act as society has trained them to act - as sheep, with the only act of resistance being an attempt to reason with an insane person

In the first case, the professor and students were surprised and trapped in a classroom. You weren't there. You don't know how it all went down, all you can do is bloviate from the safety of your computer desk.

The person who attempted to reason with him was a woman. The student who begged for her life was a woman. The student in the wheelchair was a woman. And you call them cowards.

You pathetic sack of crap.

in the second case, we have a man who runs toward the danger to confront it and confine it, with no regard for his own safety

In the second case we have the hero Mintz (and he is a hero) "telling people to run away." Are you saying that he was telling people to do something cowardly?

You don't deserve any response at all to this thread. You made it just to get a rise out of people but I suppose the only good thing about it is it illustrates your sickness for those readers who don't know you well enough to know you get your jollies by being this sick.

Arthur Brain

In the first case, the professor and students were surprised and trapped in a classroom. You weren't there. You don't know how it all went down, all you can do is bloviate from the safety of your computer desk.

The person who attempted to reason with him was a woman. The student who begged for her life was a woman. The student in the wheelchair was a woman. And you call them cowards.

In the second case we have the hero Mintz (and he is a hero) "telling people to run away." Are you saying that he was telling people to do something cowardly?

You don't deserve any response at all to this thread. You made it just to get a rise out of people but I suppose the only good thing about it is it illustrates your sickness for those readers who don't know you well enough to know you get your jollies by being this sick.

Bang on.

:thumb:

Greg Jennings

Anna you should ask him about his supposed experience as a shooting victim that he claimed to have (I'm totally serious; he made that up and tried to convince me it was true).

Interestingly, he couldn't give me any details on it. I wonder why? :think:

Arthur Brain

Anna you should ask him about his supposed experience as a shooting victim that he claimed to have (I'm totally serious; he made that up and tried to convince me it was true).

I suspect his 'shooting experience' involved an 'X Box' & 'Call Of Duty'...

journey

I'll come back to this later to support my statement that most of the victims in the Umpqua shooting (as well as the Colorado movie theater shooting) acted cowardly

I plan to use dictionary definitions! :banana:

and logical analysis!! :banana::banana:

i expect my opponents will use emotion :darwinsm:

go ahead and start if you like, i have a test looming and a paper to write, but i will be back

You appear to be a nut case without a clue, so I won't be reading your thread. Face death without a chance to defend yourself and tell us how brave you were. That's assuming you survive. Making fun of the dead is outrageous. You should be ashamed of even starting this thread.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Am I the silly coward?

no, that would be artie, who refutes the premise of the thread but is too much of a coward to actually refute the logical points that lead to the conclusion

greg said:
Constantly rebuked

why would I care about your "rebukes"? they come from your emotional argument, in which I have no interest, as I put forth in the op

greg said:
and his "points" rebuffed

rebuffed is not the same as disproven

address the logic of applying the definitions of "coward" and "courage" to the situation if you can

so far you haven't

greg said:
, he maintains that he is right

and I prove it by logically applying the defintions of the words "coward" and "courage"

In the first case, the professor and students were surprised and trapped in a classroom. You weren't there. You don't know how it all went down

as I said in the op, I'm working from the wiki account

based on that and the definitions of the words "coward" and "courage", show me how you can come to a different conclusion

annabananahead said:

the first one was a fool - it should have been obvious after the first shooting that he was beyond reasoning

the second was a coward, by definition

the third - the woman in the wheelchair? a difficult position to consider - not sure what she could have done differently - not sure what courageous action she might have taken

annabananahead said:

thank you for making the emotional argument :thumb:

care to attempt analyzing it logically?

annabananahead said:

nope

although I hope he had the presence of mind to say "run away and find help"

annabananahead said:
You don't deserve any response at all to this thread.

and yet here you are, again, flailing your ineffective little fists at me, emotionally, again

:mock: silly anna the emo

annabananahead said:
You made it just to get a rise out of people

nope

I made it to discuss the cowardice and compliance that is being bred into us as a culture

but I knew the emo tard brigade would pile on :chuckle:

annabananahead said:
but I suppose the only good thing about it is it illustrates your sickness for those readers who don't know you well enough to know you get your jollies by being this sick.

let it out anna, let it all out

... he made that up and tried to convince me it was true).

I gave you all the details that were pertinent to the reason you asked

the closest I have come to being in that situation is as I described

I was fired on by a person who was trying to hit me and my instinctual response was to protect those who were with me

You appear to be a nut case

:banana:

journey said:
so I won't be reading your thread.

and yet, like anna, you feel compelled to respond :chuckle:

to what - the thread title?

journey said:
Face death without a chance to defend yourself and tell us how brave you were.

been there, done that

got the t-shirt

journey said:
Making fun of the dead is outrageous.

please provide a quote from me that is "making fun of the dead"

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Nothing says humor like children, parents, brothers and sisters grieving over the loss of their loved ones.

Do you think it's funny?

No. but there are lots of jokes and humor about people that aren't here anymore, maybe it's a coping mechanism. I don't think anyone is telling jokes about this or any other mass shooting.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No. but there are lots of jokes and humor about people that aren't here anymore, maybe it's a coping mechanism. I don't think anyone is telling jokes about this or any other mass shooting.

It's in bad taste. We are speaking of people who have lost their siblings/spouses/partners/children, etc. in a violent death.

It's bad enough to lose a family member (especially a child), but having them randomly murdered is even worse.

When is the last time you have heard someone joke about the victims of 911? There is nothing funny about such a tragic loss of life.

popsthebuilder

I agree. People that are closest to the shooter should try to fight and disarm them. Again, easier said than done. We aren't in an action thriller movie.
Goes right back to giving without want. Doing something that selfless to aid others is wholly beneficial to all. You may die physically but will be openly accepted through Christ under God. Cowardice never comes into play for true faithful wholly under God. Self is not a thing so neither is fear. Not to mention God protects those who have faith until his purpose is achieved so it's a win win.