anchor babies are, objectively speaking, NOT US citizens

republicanchick

Despite the 14th Amendment anchor babies are, objectively speaking, NOT US citizens

When the Sup Ct ruled that the Chinese guy in the late 19th century was a citizen b/c his parents (mother) gave birth to him HERE

well, guess what?

his parents were NOT illegal

So, apparently, there has been NO Sup Ct decision upholding birthright citizenship for children of illegals

people have been misinterpreting the 14th Amendment

It's time we stop

All those born in the US up until now should be called citizens

but the law needs to change

and illegals need to go home, whether they have children who are citizens or not

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
anchor babies are, objectively speaking, NOT US citizens

Objectively speaking, the justification for the 2nd Amendment is far more suspect than the 14th Amendment!

The 2nd Amendment was adopted as part of the first ten amendments contained in the Bill of Rights on December 15, 1791 while the 14th Amendment was adopted as one of the Reconstruction Amendments on July 9, 1868 - 77 years later.

The 2nd Amendment is a reflection of American society as it existed 224 years ago, while the 14th Amendment was a response, 147 years ago, to grant former slaves full US citizenship .

How ironic that "republicanchick" would choose today of all days to introduce a thread questioning the 14th Amendment - given the following incidents also took place today underscoring the consequences of not regulating guns in the 21stC American society.

- a CNN cameraman and a reporter were killed in Virginia today by a mentally unstable former employee who later shot himself

- James Eagan Holmes, who shot and killed 12 people and injured 70 others at a Century movie theater in Aurora, Colorado on July 20, 2012, was given 12 life sentences without the possibility of parole today and received an additional 3,318 years for the attempted murders and explosives possession charges.

Last edited:

TracerBullet

Despite the 14th Amendment anchor babies are, objectively speaking, NOT US citizens

When the Sup Ct ruled that the Chinese guy in the late 19th century was a citizen b/c his parents (mother) gave birth to him HERE

well, guess what?

his parents were NOT illegal

So, apparently, there has been NO Sup Ct decision upholding birthright citizenship for children of illegals

people have been misinterpreting the 14th Amendment

It's time we stop

All those born in the US up until now should be called citizens

but the law needs to change

and illegals need to go home, whether they have children who are citizens or not

So the governor of Louisiana and presidential candidate Bobby Jindal is not a US citizen. Good to know

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
So the governor of Louisiana and presidential candidate Bobby Jindal is not a US citizen. Good to know
Ted Cruz was born in Calgary Alberta Canada and was still in possession of dual American/Canadian citizenship as late as 2014.

Given all the moral outrage that the "birthers," including Donald Trump, directed at Barrack Obama for the past 7 years, one wonders as to why the Republican presidential candidates aren't being held to the same standard!

TracerBullet

Ted Cruz was born in Calgary Alberta Canada and was still in possession of dual American/Canadian citizenship as late as 2014.

Given all the moral outrage that the "birthers," including Donald Trump, directed at Barrack Obama for the past 7 years, one wonders as to why the Republican presidential candidates aren't being held to the same standard!

Well obviously that's DIFFERENT

republicanchick

STUPID!

I haven't heard yet that he was not born to a US citizen... typical of you elevator-stuck-on-basement level folks ... rarely provide any proof of you lying contentions...

you libs are so BORING (among other things)

__

The Berean

another non-response that makes no sense

non sequitor

ho hum

__

No, it makes no sense to YOU. Ho hum.

Apparently you lack historical perspective. In the 19th century the concept of the "illiegal immigrant" did not exist. Before WW I there were no green cards, no visas, nor passports. Hence, there was no such thing as an "illegal immigrant".

republicanchick

No, it makes no sense to YOU. Ho hum.

Apparently you lack historical perspective. In the 19th century the concept of the "illiegal immigrant" did not exist. Before WW I there were no green cards, no visas, nor passports. Hence, there was no such thing as an "illegal immigrant".

guess u read a different kind of history book.. You probably believe all the so called "history" you have read (in Jack Chick tracts?) about the Catholic Church also...

Everyone coming to this country has to go through a process to become a citizen... never heard of a time when that wasn't so

i htink some peole just make up stuff... couldn't care less whether it's true or not...

isn't that the definition of liberal?

e

The Berean

STUPID!

I haven't heard yet that he was not born to a US citizen... typical of you elevator-stuck-on-basement level folks ... rarely provide any proof of you lying contentions...

__

Wait, what? It is well known that Jindall's parents were in the US on student visas when Jindall was born in Baton Rouge, Louisiana in 1971. You do not know this? Jindal's mother became a naturalized citizen in 1976 and his father in 1986.

The Berean

guess u read a different kind of history book.. You probably believe all the so called "history" you have read (in Jack Chick tracts?) about the Catholic Church also...
Non sequitor. I read real history books. What do you read?

Everyone coming to this country has to go through a process to become a citizen... never heard of a time when that wasn't so
I thought we were talking about "illegal immigrants"? Before World War I people could basically just walk across the border to live in the US. These people were not citizens unless they applied for US citizenship. But the US govenment didn't consider them as "illegal immigrants".

i htink some peole just make up stuff... couldn't care less whether it's true or not...

isn't that the definition of liberal?

Non-sequitor.

republicanchick

Wait, what? It is well known that Jindall's parents were in the US on student visas when Jindall was born in Baton Rouge, Louisiana in 1971. You do not know this? Jindal's mother became a naturalized citizen in 1976 and his father in 1986.

gee, i didn't know student visa holders were ILLEGAL

:hammer:

republicanchick

you must be a total moron

HELLO!!!!!!!!!!

for the millionth time

Cruz's mother has always been a US citizen

Do you get it now????

head made of concrete?

++

The Berean

gee, i didn't know student visa holders were ILLEGAL

:hammer:

No YOU said that Jindall was born to US citizens.

STUPID!

__

So now that you have been shown to be wrong on this point do you retract your statement?