If you want to be a Christian, check your brain @ the door...

republicanchick

Yeh, that's why people don't want to become, or be labeled as "Christian"

b/c a lot of so called Christians say or imply (and teach in their "churches") that you can't get involved w/ what's going on in the political realm if you are professing to be a follower of Christ...

so some of us who CARE about what is going on and ... don't want it to continue this status quo-business-as-usual game are given a choice:

keep our Christianity to ourselves in the public forum or

be outspoken about being a Christian but check the old brain at the door when it comes to getting involved in what is going on (not going on)

Yeh, I think that's in the bible somewhere... "Come to me, all you who labor and are heavy burdened... and I will give you rest... as soon as you check your brain outside the door of My Church..."

yeh, I seem to recall some psg like that...

___

shagster01

b/c a lot of so called Christians say or imply (and teach in their "churches") that you can't get involved w/ what's going on in the political realm if you are professing to be a follower of Christ...

so some of us who CARE about what is going on and ... don't want it to continue this status quo-business-as-usual game are given a choice:

be outspoken about being a Christian but check the old brain at the door when it comes to getting involved in what is going on (not going on)

Yeh, I think that's in the bible somewhere... "Come to me, all you who labor and are heavy burdened... and I will give you rest... as soon as you check your brain outside the door of My Church..."

___

Wait, are you saying that people don't want to be Christians because Christians aren't outspoken enough? :rotfl:

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
If you want to be a Christian, check your brain @ the door...

"Republicanchick" is making the assumption that conservative Christians have a brain to check!

TrakeM

___
Are you sure it's not because the bible says murder all gay people? Are you sure it's not because the bible says to murder people who don't believe as you do?

Most churches are really republican party offices and should be taxed as such.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

___

I can't believe that you have written this. Any concerned Christian can be found at the ballot box on election day. And the quote you were looking for is this one;

Matthew 11:28-30 King James Version (KJV)

28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

republicanchick

I can't believe that you have written this. Any concerned Christian can be found at the ballot box on election day. And the quote you were looking for is this one;

Matthew 11:28-30 King James Version (KJV)

28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
Ifeel like O'Reilly with his Word for the Day

please look up

SARCASM

geez

++

republicanchick

Are you sure it's not because the bible says murder all gay people? Are you sure it's not because the bible says to murder people who don't believe as you do?

h.

yeh, we sure see a lot of christians murdering Islamists, dont we?

and we sure see a lot of devout christians promoting abortion, dont we

+

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Sometimes, does it really matter when courts legislate from the bench and override the will of the people.

Jose Fly

picture.php

:chuckle: