What disturbs me about Ben Carson.. just one (little?) thing

republicanchick

He is (or hopefully just WAS) a 7th Day Adventist.

the SDAs are probably the most virulent strain of anticatholic

Now i don't think Carson is anticatholic, but you know... only God knows... (and/or maybe a few others who know him)

so again...

I'm cruz-ing with the Tedmeister

He is definitely a safe bet

He has proven himself

Cruz is too highly educated to be too anti-Catholic... assuming he has any bias at all... (NOT saying Carson is not educated... not AT ALL... but... just don't trust SDAs... You know: not judging, just saying)

++

Christian Liberty

Now i don't think Carson is anticatholic, but you know... only God knows... (and/or maybe a few others who know him)

so again...

He has proven himself

Cruz is too highly educated to be too anti-Catholic... assuming he has any bias at all... (NOT saying Carson is not educated... not AT ALL... but... just don't trust SDAs... You know: not judging, just saying)

++

The candidate who is anti-Catholic enough to advocate banning their missionaries (Deut 13) will get my vote.

Mocking You

Ted Cruz's family were Catholics for generations but his parents converted to Baptists and Cruz was raised Baptist. My guess is Cruz would be very much anti-Catholic in his theology.

republicanchick

Ted Cruz's family were Catholics for generations but his parents converted to Baptists and Cruz was raised Baptist. My guess is Cruz would be very much anti-Catholic in his theology.

u wish

someone who loves truth like Ted Cruz would never do like you anti-Catholics do... dismiss completely an ancient religion t hat claims to the ONE religion established by Jesus Christ himself... even if he doesn't believe that... He would never be so narrow minded. He is EDUCATED

anti-Catholics (I have discovered) are NEVER well-educated people.

They may have college degrees but they are still VERY uneducated RE the Church... You won't find out about Catholicism in a (LOL)

college

you have to educate yourself on that one... attend RCIA classes...

__

republicanchick

this is not true

Nowhere in his book did he say his family was practicing Catholic...

only some grandparent or great g-parent was, and there was hardly any mention of that person b/c it was LONG ago (and another country)

__

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Carson is also not as pro-life as some would like to believe:

Ben Carson’s perplexing stance on abortion

The retired neurosurgeon says he’s fiercely pro-life. His record (and his own comments) don’t back that up.

Ben Carson’s presidential campaign is surging on a wave of support from socially conservative voters inspired by his passionate talk about faith and his attacks on Planned Parenthood. But while Carson insists he’s a fierce opponent of abortion, he also defends a long series of actions on the issue that are sharply at odds with the beliefs of the very voters fueling his rise.

Carson, a retired pediatric neurosurgeon, has referred women to doctors who perform abortions, was a trustee of a foundation that gave hundreds of thousands of dollars to Planned Parenthood, and his campaign struggles to articulate which legal restrictions he supports on the procedure.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/08/ben-carson-abortion-stance-121456.html#ixzz3jIvZf34L

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
It might seem strange that at an event discussing Christianity Cruz would choose to speak about Israel. Pascal-Emmanuel Gobry suggests that it is not strange at all. He speculates that the shift is due to Cruz’s conflicted feelings on Middle Eastern Christian. He writes:

This is speculation, but perhaps Cruz, who is a Southern Baptist and whose father is a fundamentalist Baptist preacher, was subtly pandering to a segment of fundamentalist Christians who do not believe that Middle East Christians are “real” Christians. To a serious undercurrent of American Fundamentalism, the Catholic Church is the Antichrist that has been oppressing the “true” Church for millennia, and anything that looks vaguely Catholic, with ordained priests and ornate liturgies, is equally evil.

http://www.johnlcrow.com/2014/09/ted-cruz-and-the-last-acceptable-prejudice/

Mocking You

this is not true

Nowhere in his book did he say his family was practicing Catholic...

only some grandparent or great g-parent was, and there was hardly any mention of that person b/c it was LONG ago (and another country)

"I come from a family that has been Roman Catholic for generations," Ted Cruz admitted, "but my parents converted while living in Texas and raised me Southern Baptist."

http://www.realclearreligion.org/articles/2012/02/29/you_shall_know_cruz_by_his_deeds.html

TrakeM

The candidate who is anti-Catholic enough to advocate banning their missionaries (Deut 13) will get my vote.
You do realize the constitution of these United States of America states that congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, right? Thomas Jefferson wrote explaining exactly and precisely what was meant by that clause. It was intended to create, according to the letter written by Thomas Jefferson " a wall of separation between church and state".

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
BTW, I have had the opportunity to work with Seventh-Day Adventists, and the ones I know were exemplary in their Christian love for others.

I don't agree with them at all on some of their doctrines, but I can't fault the ones I know, as far as their imitation of Christ.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER

so again...

Take it as a plus that Carson (and most if not all Republican Presidential candidates) even believe in God (don't get petty by being overly concerned with which Christian denomination they belong to).

Remember that the republicans are up against a political party that BOO'ED God at their last convention, and it's shown through the Democratic Party's secular humanist/anti biblical legislation.

Jose Fly

I figured it would be that Dr. Carson did research on fetal brain tissue and published a paper about it.

republicanchick

Take it as a plus that Carson (and most if not all Republican Presidential candidates) even believe in God (don't get petty by being overly concerned with which Christian denomination they belong to).

Remember that the republicans are up against a political party that BOO'ED God at their last convention, and it's shown through the Democratic Party's secular humanist/anti biblical legislation.

you know i wouldn't vote for a dem if my life depended on it--or stay home on voting day

also, i tend to think carson is not so much into denomination and SDA doctrine but into christianity

i just don't KNOW that

therefore, i support Santorum or Cruz first

Walker also is first... i have 3 who are in my first place..

rubio is a possible first placer also