Is this a good reason to be against legalizing marijuana?

republicanchick

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/07/23/dashboard-video-shows-how-sandra-bland-traffic-stop-escalated/?intcmp=latestnews

I just learned that Sandra Bland had marijuana in her system..

But truth be told, i thought marijuana decreased your inclination to depression??

don't know much about it... but it is a stimulant, not a depressant

anyway, should marijuana be legalized?

i haven't really made up my mind 100% but i am leaning toward NOT

___

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/07/23/dashboard-video-shows-how-sandra-bland-traffic-stop-escalated/?intcmp=latestnews

I just learned that Sandra Bland had marijuana in her system..

But truth be told, i thought marijuana decreased your inclination to depression??

don't know much about it... but it is a stimulant, not a depressant

anyway, should marijuana be legalized?

i haven't really made up my mind 100% but i am leaning toward NOT

___

Like alcohol, it's both a stimulant and depressant. Unlike alcohol, marijuana can be used to treat certain medical conditions.

http://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/drugfacts/marijuana-medicine

From the article:

How might cannabinoids be useful as medicine?

Currently, the two main cannabinoids from the marijuana plant that are of medical interest are THC and CBD.

THC increases appetite and reduces nausea. The FDA-approved THC-based medications are used for these purposes. THC may also decrease pain, inflammation (swelling and redness), and muscle control problems.

CBD is a cannabinoid that does not affect the mind or behavior. It may be useful in reducing pain and inflammation, controlling epileptic seizures, and possibly even treating mental illness and addictions.

NIH-funded and other researchers are continuing to explore the possible uses of THC, CBD, and other cannabinoids for medical treatment.
Photo of a young male and female scientist.

For instance, recent animal studies have shown that marijuana extracts may help kill certain cancer cells and reduce the size of others. Evidence from one cell culture study suggests that purified extracts from whole-plant marijuana can slow the growth of cancer cells from one of the most serious types of brain tumors. Research in mice showed that treatment with purified extracts of THC and CBD, when used with radiation, increased the cancer-killing effects of the radiation (Scott, 2014).

Scientists are also conducting preclinical and clinical trials with marijuana and its extracts to treat numerous diseases and conditions, such as the following:

autoimmune diseases (diseases that weaken the immune system):
HIV/AIDS
multiple sclerosis (MS), which causes gradual loss of muscle control
Alzheimer’s disease, which causes loss of brain function, affecting memory, thinking, and behavior
inflammation
pain
seizures
substance use disorders
mental disorders

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Marijuana alters DNA and disease can be passed to children. Watch the "pro-life" crowd defend it anyway. And it causes cancer.

A new study published by University of Leicester researchers has found "convincing evidence" that cannabis smoke damages DNA in ways that could potentially increase the risk of cancer development in humans.

Using a newly developed highly sensitive liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry method, the University of Leicester scientists found clear indication that cannabis smoke damages DNA, under laboratory conditions.

They have now published the findings in the journal Chemical Research in Toxicology.

musterion

I like beer. I enjoy maybe one a week, usually less. Don't particularly like wine, hate the hard stuff. I can enjoy my one beer without concern of becoming even slightly impaired.

Pot cannot be smoked without becoming impaired to some degree. That's exactly the point of smoking it.

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
More people are killed by drunk drivers in one day in America than have been killed by using marijuana in the past 200 years . Alcoholic beverages are far more dangerous if used unwisely and in excess .
AS any policeman and he will tell you that violent crimes are frequently committed by individuals under the influence of alcohol, but marijuana does not cause such behavior at all .
No one has ever died from a marijuana overdose . You would have to consume ridiculously large amounts of it in order for it to kill you . Yes, there are potential risks in smoking marijuana, but they are insignificant compared to the death and destruction caused by drinking liquor .

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The only reason to smoke marijuana is instant chemistry alteration of the body. Much like Tylenol, but without the side effect of "stupid".

Unlike when John W has a cold brewski following a hard day of eating.

musterion

More people are killed by drunk drivers in one day in America than have been killed by using marijuana in the past 200 years . Alcoholic beverages are far more dangerous if used unwisely and in excess .
AS any policeman and he will tell you that violent crimes are frequently committed by individuals under the influence of alcohol, but marijuana does not cause such behavior at all .
No one has ever died from a marijuana overdose . You would have to consume ridiculously large amounts of it in order for it to kill you . Yes, there are potential risks in smoking marijuana, but they are insignificant compared to the death and destruction caused by drinking liquor .

Sodomy kills homosexuals but funny you're not opposed to sodomy.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
cheech-chong1.png

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
Musterion, "Sodomy " does not kill homosexuals . Gay sex is not harmful in and of itself, and there have been countless say men who have lived to ripe old ages . Unsafe sex is harmful, whether you are straight or gay .
I'm not "for" or "against " gay sex . I'm just realistic enough to realize that gay people are going to have sex, period, and there is no way to stop them, just as there no way to stop heterosexuals from having sex . Being "opposed " to homosexuality is a dumb as being opposed to left-handedness .
That human beings are going to have sex whether straight, gay or bi is inevitable . You cannot stop human sexuality , and you cannot tell certain people that they may not engage in sex in ways YOU "disapprove" of . Sex is a human drive , period . Sometimes people engage in unsafe sexual practices , whether straight or gay , but you cannot try to regulate human sexuality artificially with laws .
It is totally unrealistic to expect and demand that no one have sex except within marriage and only for procreation . This is what fundamentalists of religions such as Christianity and Islam are so stupid and foolish in their attitudes toward human sexuality .

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Musterion, "Sodomy " does not kill homosexuals . Gay sex is not harmful in and of itself, and there have been countless say men who have lived to ripe old ages .

The study found that life expectancy at age 20 among gay and bisexual men in Vancouver was 8 to 21 years shorter than that of all men in the Canadian city.

the horn inadvertently makes the case for societal acceptance of pedophilia:
the horn said:
gay people are going to have sex, period

there is no way to stop them

That human beings are going to have sex whether straight, gay or bi is inevitable

You cannot stop human sexuality

you cannot tell certain people that they may not engage in sex in ways YOU "disapprove" of

Sex is a human drive, period

you cannot try to regulate human sexuality artificially with laws

way to go, retard