Daily Beast says we are in a new, post-homophobic Christianity

GFR7

Anyone agree with this piece or its message? I find it outrageously insulting :madmad:

"There will be no widespread popular resistance to Obergefell. This is the new normal.. . .
To those who remain in the fringe minority stubbornly mired in hatred and the dark rationalizations of the past, please try to lose gracefully. You are not being exiled. The world is simply moving on without you."

1436061614359.cached.jpg

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/07/05/the-new-post-homophobic-christianity.html

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The picture is offensive and unnecessarily so.

Change the pic to an arbitrary unknown couple as well as the background, and I would not see it as offensive.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Anyone agree with this piece or its message? I find it outrageously insulting :madmad:

"There will be no widespread popular resistance to Obergefell. This is the new normal.. . .
To those who remain in the fringe minority stubbornly mired in hatred and the dark rationalizations of the past, please try to lose gracefully. You are not being exiled. The world is simply moving on without you."

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/07/05/the-new-post-homophobic-christianity.html

Of course its offensive and the bull dyke who created the article and chose that picture intended it to be.

Expect more of the same, because the real desire there is to push believers in Christ into the closet. Its not really about equality, its about revenge against those who believe in the God they hate, that call their lifestyle an abomination.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Jesus did not look at all like that. It is a German rendition, taken to an extreme.

GFR7

The picture is offensive and unnecessarily so.

Change the pic to an arbitrary unknown couple as well as the background, and I would not see it as offensive.
DID YOU GO TO THE LINK? THE PIC IS FROM THE DAILY BEAST ARTICLE.

GFR7

Of course its offensive and the bull dyke who created the article and chose that picture intended it to be.

Expect more of the same, because the real desire there is to push believers in Christ into the closet. Its not really about equality, its about revenge against those who believe in the God they hate, that call their lifestyle an abomination.
The quote is even more offensive. They are implying that those of us who disagree with the Supreme Court ruling on gay marriage, are a tiny minority of lunatics. And that for our own good, we'd better "get real". It is hubris. Really gets me angry....... :madmad:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
The quote is even more offensive. They are implying that those of us who disagree with the Supreme Court ruling on gay marriage, are a tiny minority of lunatics. And that for our own good, we'd better "get real". It is hubris. Really gets me angry....... :madmad:

I referenced both the article and the image. It got what it wanted, a rise out of you, i feel sorry for it.

GFR7

I referenced both the article and the image. It got what it wanted, a rise out of you, i feel sorry for it.
OK, understood. But the joke's on us, at least on a social level - thanks to all the media and mass of idiots who have embraced this as all the rage. Including my own family..... :noid:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
OK, understood. But the joke's on us, at least on a social level - thanks to all the media and mass of idiots who have embraced this as all the rage. Including my own family..... :noid:

Theres no joke on us, God cannot be mocked. Shes sowing something to herself that she is going to severely regret.

Quetzal

To be fair, polls are beginning to illustrate that you, and those who share your opinion, are becoming a minority. This is nothing new in many European nations and we are following.

TracerBullet

"stubbornly mired in hatred and the dark rationalizations of the past"

Hit a little close to home did it?

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Jesus did not look at all like that. It is a German rendition, taken to an extreme.

That's what I was thinking....TBH the first thing which popped into my mind was John Lennon? :chuckle:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

I've seen offensive images of Christ and Mary posted many, many times by iconoclastic Christians who don't believe in the iconography of Catholicism and Orthodox Christianity. It's not a new concept.

Your terminology for a lesbian is offensive. Did you intend it to be?

[Expect more of the same, because the real desire there is to push believers in Christ into the closet. Its not really about equality, its about revenge against those who believe in the God they hate, that call their lifestyle an abomination.
You can presume to generalize for a whole demographic but it won't mean your generalization is true.

Tinark

More than six in ten (62 percent) white mainline Protestants support same-sex marriage. Among white mainline Protestant denominations, support ranges from 69 percent support among white mainline Presbyterians and 68 percent among both white Episcopalians and white Congregationalists/United Church of Christ members, to lower support among white mainline Baptists (53 percent) and white mainline Church of Christ/Disciples (50 percent).

And while the Catholic Church officially opposes the legalization of same-sex marriage, about six in ten white (61 percent), Hispanic (60 percent), and other non-white Catholics (60 percent) support allowing gay and lesbian couples to marry legally. A majority of orthodox Christians (56 percent) also support same-sex marriage.

http://publicreligion.org/2015/04/a...ation-and-denominational-family/#.VZsBxflVhBc

Tinark

The majority of the believers in Christ support same sex marriage. You are part of the minority of believers in Christ who does not.