"We must not rest until every superhero is gay."

nikolai_42

This is a paragraph from the article :

Writing in response to Stan Lee’s insistence, actually enforced by contract, that Spider-Man be white and heterosexual, Cheney-Rice laments, “Sure, Spider-Man was white and heterosexual at the time of his creation. But his creator was a white man working in commercial comics in America in the early 1960s. Was there ever really a chance he could’ve turned out any different?

{Emphasis mine}

Wow... Superman was made in the image of his creator. Kind of ironic that this acknowledgement comes from someone who wants to defy the idea that he was made in the image of his Creator... but they refuse to see that.

EDIT : Maybe the irony's on me...it looks tongue-in-cheek, but even after 2 readings I think I'm missing something...

EDIT 2 : So I guess I did miss the underlying point. Maybe I'm actually agreeing with what he's saying....maybe I didn't have enough coffee this morning before trying to read.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
They are looking for a savior in all the wrong places. Any savior will do - especially any one who leads away from the way the truth and the life.

john w

Hall of Fame
I am secretly, the super hero,"Pinniped Man"(carnivorous aquatic mammal of the order Pinnipedia, such as a seal or walrus...).

I am friends with "Aquaman," I like/dig surfer music, long walks in the moon light, on the beach with a bottle of wine, bubble baths in the ocean, candlelight dinners on the beach, strolls on the beach, as the sand tingles my toes, walking barefoot in the sand, cuddling next to a warm campfire on the beach, watching movies on a patio by the beach, picnics at the beach, the sunrise in the morning over the beach,enjoying a box of heart-shaped chocolates, while watching the sunset, on the beach, and "Baywatch" reruns.

I hope to get the second greatest actor, of all time, David Hasselhoff, who is right behind William Shatner, to play me in the upcoming blockbuster "Pinniped Movie."

baywatch_1.jpg

Not many would peg the great Has-Hoff as being a sodomite!!

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
There is a lot Cheney-Rice, and Rich Cromwell, don't know about the origins of Wonder Woman and the man who created her. "Suffering Sappho"used to be her catch phrase.

They also don't seem to understand how much defining characteristics of these characters do matter to the fans/nerds.

Although I think that article was sarcastic, after having read all of it.

This is a paragraph from the article :
{Emphasis mine}

Wow... Superman was made in the image of his creator. Kind of ironic that this acknowledgement comes from someone who wants to defy the idea that he was made in the image of his Creator... but they refuse to see that.
Superman and Spider-Man are two different characters.