can't beleive i am agreeing with the president... (?)

republicanchick

What's the big deal about the president using the N word?

I just don't get it.

True, if a White person used the word, we would never hear the end of it and if a White president said the N word, he would be quickly impeached..

But aside from that, what's the big deal?

He was using a word

What is it with society these days... where words are... like weapons...

whatever happened to sticks and stones & all that?

same with the flag thing.. Yeh, sure, take the confederate flag down... but don't blame such inanimate objects on

Roof... and other sick things

Also: I don't get why George Will said We are all a little racist.. or words to that effect

HUH?

I am not racist...

__

___

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Tone, experience and intent are taken into consideration when these words are used.

TrakeM

Flags convey a message. If a town flew the flag of ISIS, you'd be irate and rightfully so. That flag conveys a message of theocracy and murder. Just the same, the confederate flag conveys a message of racism. Flying the confederate flag is no different from an official statement saying racism against black people is good just the same as flying the ISIS flag is no different from saying theocracy is a good idea.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Flags convey a message. If a town flew the flag of ISIS, you'd be irate and rightfully so. That flag conveys a message of theocracy and murder. Just the same, the confederate flag conveys a message of racism. Flying the confederate flag is no different from an official statement saying racism against black people is good just the same as flying the ISIS flag is no different from saying theocracy is a good idea.

That is most likely the case ... the bigger question is censorship. IMO, censoring the flag is worse.

TrakeM

That is most likely the case ... the bigger question is censorship. IMO, censoring the flag is worse.
It's one thing when a private citizen flies the confederate flag. You have the right to do that, but it does say awful things about you if you do and I have the right to point that out just like you have the right to fly the confederate flag.

We're not talking about that. We're talking about the state flying the confederate flag. That's VERY different. At the very least, even if the state has the right to do it, we should acknowledge what the state is saying when it flies that flag and what Lindsey Graham is saying when he says he doesn't have a problem with it and what that says about what he thinks of his fellow Americans.

HisServant

It's one thing when a private citizen flies the confederate flag. You have the right to do that, but it does say awful things about you if you do and I have the right to point that out just like you have the right to fly the confederate flag.

We're not talking about that. We're talking about the state flying the confederate flag. That's VERY different. At the very least, even if the state has the right to do it, we should acknowledge what the state is saying when it flies that flag and what Lindsey Graham is saying when he says he doesn't have a problem with it and what that says about what he thinks of his fellow Americans.

We live in a democracy and if the state legislature votes to fly the flag and it doesn't violate any federal laws, then they should have the right to do so. (I wouldn't live in such a state... but it is their right).

If they want it taken down, they need to vote for people that will... not cow-tow to the media.

TrakeM

We live in a democracy and if the state legislature votes to fly the flag and it doesn't violate any federal laws, then they should have the right to do so. (I wouldn't live in such a state... but it is their right).

If they want it taken down, they need to vote for people that will... not cow-tow to the media.
Shouldn't the media and the public be honest then, that the state and it's leaders in particular are racist? When public officials announce support for racism in an official capacity, shouldn't that be news and shouldn't we the people call it what it is and regard the state and it's leaders according to the message they are sending?