Sahara Desert Thriving on Global Warming

Caledvwlch

I suggest you remove or modify your signature so I'm not subjected to your opinion on the matter. Otherwise, I can put you on ignore like I'm currently doing to 50-60 other posters on TOL. Feel free to put me on Ignore too if you don't like me quoting the Bible to you. I get fed up with all you pseudo-intellectuals who think you're mother nature's gift to the Darwinian world you imagine.

50 or 60?

Why do you even bother?

Harvard, Syracuse Researchers Caught Lying to Boost Obama Climate Rules

Study co-author Charles Driscoll of Syracuse University told the Buffalo News, “I’m an academic, not a politician. I don’t have a dog in this fight.” The claim of independence was also emphatically asserted by study co-author Jonathan Buonocore of Harvard University. “The EPA, which did not participate in the study or interact with its authors, Buonocore says, roundly welcomed its findings.” [Emphasis added].

But a closer look at these claims of independence raises serious doubts.

An online search of EPA’s web site revealed that Syracuse’s Driscoll has previously involved as a principal investigator in studies that received over $3.6 million in research grants from EPA. Co-author Dallas Burtraw, a researcher at the think tank Resources for the Future, had been involved in previous EPA grants totaling almost $2 million. Harvard co-author Jonathan I. Levy had been involved in over $9.5 million worth of grants. Co-author Joel Schwartz, also of Harvard, had been previously involved in over $31 million worth of grants from EPA.

Read the whole story at: http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...rs-caught-lying-to-boost-obama-climate-rules/

It's all about money. Greed is the motivation behind the hypocrisy.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Not all of them have... and as another report indicated, that the stations that were used to monitor the temperature increases have been compromised due to local disturbances over the last 50 years.

The irony is, the supposedly compromised stations actually reported a little cooler than other sources.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
You could be right, but I don't believe there's enough of a trend yet to predict winners and losers. When I was growing up, scientists talked about the coming ice age.

I was in graduate school in the 70s. Almost all climate scientists, even then, were concerned about global warming. I can show you the data on that, if you like.

You are right about a lot of misguided effort to deal with it, of course.

Science mag is publishing a blockbuster paper today, on June 4. Oh boy! Get ready to watch yet another big fight about climate change – this time mainly among different groups of climate alarmists. Is there a “pause”? Did global climate really stop warming during the last dozen years, 18 years, or even 40 years – in spite of rising levels of the greenhouse (GH) gas carbon dioxide?

The renowned National Climate Data Center (NCDC), a division of NOAA located in Asheville, NC, claims that the widely reported (and accepted) temperature hiatus (i.e., near-zero trend) is an illusion – just an artifact of data analysis – and that the global climate never really stopped warming.If true, what a blessing that would be for the UN-IPCC – and for climate alarmists generally, who have been under siege to explain the cause of the pause.

Read more at: http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2015/06/the_climate_warming_pause_goes_awol.html

And more smoke and mirrors for the rest of us. It's all about money folks, big money that has everyone in a tizzy. This reminds me of the early '60s when big tobacco hired their own scientists to say that smoking cigarettes didn't cause cancer. As the article concludes, it may be several more years before we know the truth, if then.

Last edited:
I was in graduate school in the 70s. Almost all climate scientists, even then, were concerned about global warming. I can show you the data on that, if you like.
That's not necessary; I trust you. [I was thinking about a Twilight Zone episode from the early '60s about global warming versus an ice age. My time frame came from that.]
You are right about a lot of misguided effort to deal with it, of course.
Yes there is. It's unfortunate that money on both sides have prevented an honest appraisal of our current condition.

rexlunae

I suggest you remove or modify your signature so I'm not subjected to your opinion on the matter. Otherwise, I can put you on ignore like I'm currently doing to 50-60 other posters on TOL.

I'm not going to change my signature just because you don't like it. And in the the eight years I've been here, no one has ever been so distracted by it that they can't focus on the issue at hand, nor has anyone even complained that I recall. It is, after all, a pretty mild statement.

Feel free to put me on Ignore too if you don't like me quoting the Bible to you.

Because then, we'd be even. That would mean that we're ignoring each other, instead of you ignoring me for something silly.

No. I don't generally put people on ignore except for reasons of blatant racism and similar-level annoyances. If you don't want to talk to me, that's your business, but that isn't going to shut me up, and as perplexing as your behavior in this thread is, you haven't stooped to the level that leads me to block people, as far as I've seen.

I get fed up with all you pseudo-intellectuals who think you're mother nature's gift to the Darwinian world you imagine.[/COLOR]

The imagination is yours. I posed a simple question to you. Give it a thought, if you dare. Because in order to accept the claim in the article, you have to first accept that Global Warming is real. That's a dilemma for the deniers, not for the people who actually trust the science.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Greenhouse gases have increased rainfall in the Sahal region of the Sahara Desert causing rains to return and the previous starving people to no longer need handouts from the west, now being self-sufficient.

Read more at: http://www.breitbart.com/london/201...catastrophists-the-sahara-is-getting-greener/

Question for Liberals: Isn't this good news or would you prefer people starving to make a point?

Perhaps this Buddhist parable can illuminate the question:

"The situation we always live in is like that of the wise Chinese farmer whose horse ran off. When his neighbor came to console him the farmer said “Who knows what’s good or bad?”

When his horse returned the next day with a herd of horses following her, the foolish neighbor came to congratulate him on his good fortune. “Who knows what’s good or bad?” said the farmer.

Then, when the farmer’s son broke his leg trying to ride one of the new horses, the foolish neighbor came to console him again. “Who knows what’s good or bad?” said the wise farmer.

When the army passed through, conscripting men for war, they passed over the farmer’s son because of his broken leg.

When the foolish man came to congratulate the farmer that his son would be spared, again the wise farmer said “Who knows what’s good or bad?”

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
It's why I prefer to go with the NASA numbers. But it's not much different.

compare_datasets.png

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Almost all studies seem to agree that over the last 50 years the Earth has warmed by as much as 3-4 degrees. How is that junk science?

Where did you get the figure of 3-4 degrees? This is from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration:

no%20slow%20down%20in%20global%20warming.jpg