Ex-lesbian's petition for Obama

Truths4yer

It will mean exactly nothing to him, even if he ever hears of it. If anything, he'll be offended by it.
Thanks for sharing this. Don't you ever get tired of the lies though? I mean, honestly, is the cognitive dissonance of those with your mentality truly so strong that you're oblivious to the semantics used whenever a person such as the one referenced in the article is discussed?

I'll highlight some key phrases from your article, the title of which is; "Former Lesbian Petitions Obama to Hear Voices of Those Christ Has Set Free from Homosexuality".

So we're talking about a "former lesbian" then, somebody who has changed their orientation somehow. Then throughout the article we have references to somebody who has been;
"set free from the homosexual lifestyle"
"struggling with homosexual temptation"
"I began to leave my old lifestyle behind"
"being on the other side of the homosexual lifestyle"
"who have successfully left the homosexual lifestyle"
"it is possible to leave the homosexual lifestyle."

Oh, now we're talking about a "homosexual lifestyle" whatever that is... not homosexuality itself. I.E. She is a celibate/single person or a bisexual who only engages in heterosexual relationships. Have you considered that the president might not want to meet somebody who is "lying for Jesus"?

Sprinkled in are vague terms designed to cloud this important distinction;
"those who have found freedom from homosexuality"
"by the transforming power of Jesus Christ."
"to walk victoriously in righteousness."

Thank goodness we have a representative example of an LGBT person on hand in this article... a sexual abuse victim from a broken home with an alcoholic step-father. I suppose her mother/step-father's relationship is representative of heterosexuality too;
"She says that she became involved in same-sex romantic relationships as a youth as she was looking for something to satisfy her in the midst of a difficult upbringing: her father wasn't present in the home, her mother’s boyfriend was an alcoholic, and she was sexually abused twice.... she tried adding drugs to the mix."
"I wanted to make something of myself, finding a way to somehow make people love me,” she wrote"
Well now she has by being a poster-girl and apologist for right wing Christian propagandists. What a heart-warming tale of exploitation.

Anyhow, I'll give you the brief overall response but do please feel free to try and debate me on this topic. Whether or not any people can change their orientation, it seems unachievable for most and as a result, religious fanatics use semantics to pretend that celibacy = orientation change.

A video of over 30 former "Ex-gays", many of whom would at one time have given an "ex-gay" testimony:

Founders, leaders and prominent advocates of the ex-gay movement:

The American Psychiatric Association:
"There is no published scientific evidence supporting the efficacy of reparative therapy as a treatment to change ones sexual orientation."

kmoney

Hall of Fame
She says she's been set free from the homosexual lifestyle. I wonder if that includes homosexual attractions or if she just doesn't act on them anymore.

Let's say Obama meets with her. I wonder what she hopes would happen as a result.

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
Fact : All so-called "ex gays " have been brainwashed . They invariably come from Christian backgrounds where they have been taught to believe that homoexuality is"sinful and unnatural ".
They invariably revert eventually .

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
She says she's been set free from the homosexual lifestyle. I wonder if that includes homosexual attractions or if she just doesn't act on them anymore.

I am going to go with *she just doesn't act on them anymore*.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Fact : All so-called "ex gays " have been brainwashed . They invariably come from Christian backgrounds where they have been taught to believe that homoexuality is"sinful and unnatural ".
They invariably revert eventually .

:loser:Says the naysayers that have never had the joy of the life changing power of Jesus Christ.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Can't help but notice that ex-gays never say they are heterosexuals

family_070408.jpg

"Today, by the grace of God, I am no longer “gay” but happily married to my beautiful wife for almost 18 years. I am also the father of our two precious children, a boy and a girl. I no longer struggle whatsoever with homosexuality – and I am the heterosexual man that God created me to be".

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4303199&postcount=7535

If you, kmoney, De-Horn, T4y and Sandy need further proof, I suppose you could ask for a DNA match.

Dan Emanuel

We have to bring them all the way to full scale heterosexual before we can celebrate? Its a party when a gay man or lady...stops. :banana:

Is that cool?

Daniel

Last edited:

Truths4yer

"Today, by the grace of God, I am no longer “gay” but happily married to my beautiful wife for almost 18 years. I am also the father of our two precious children, a boy and a girl. I no longer struggle whatsoever with homosexuality – and I am the heterosexual man that God created me to be".
If you, kmoney, De-Horn, T4y and Sandy need further proof, I suppose you could ask for a DNA match.
Stephen Bennett appears to be a guy that had daddy issues (alcoholic distant father etc) and was molested as a kid... so he is your average, "emotionally stable" convert.

He is far from exceptional anyhow as the "Infinite-ex-ex gays" video I shared above indicated, many many people have at one time claimed to be ex-gay and later recanted.

Having kids is no guarantor of an orientation change either and is in fact something that many alleged ex-gays rush in to specifically because they believe it will "seal the deal". John Paulk is an example who was far more prominent in the ex-gay movement than this Stephen Bennett guy seems to be. He also had 3 sons. He was married for a decade or so but is now divorced and openly gay again.

John Paulk, "Love Won Out" founder and former chairman of the board of "Exodus International" appeared on “Oprah” and “Good Morning America" in support of ex-gay therapy. He has since issued an apology for his involvement in the ex-gay movement:
"For the better part of ten years, I was an advocate and spokesman for what’s known as the "ex-gay movement"... I do not believe that reparative therapy changes sexual orientation; in fact, it does great harm to many people."

John Paulk isn't even among those 5 or so leaders/founders in my video in the first post who now admit that the ex-gay movement is a sham. I believe the religious fanatics in the U.S. are gradually learning but there are still a few proponents of it, usually those who are paid to "share their testimony".

It's hard to say whether people like Bennett simply have emotional disorders from their abusive childhoods, which lead them to transiently pursue same-sex relationships, or whether they're genuinely gay (and likely biromantic).

shagster01

A lot of people "experiment" with homosexuality, decide it's not for them, and call themselves ex-gay. But they were never really gay.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
What kind of message is this?

"Believe in Jesus hard enough and you'll started being sexually attracted to members of the opposite gender."

Um...really?