unions protecting bad cops

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I live in Erie PA., and worked in a steel mill when I was a kid.

Fortunately for you, the Westinghouse locomotive plant in Erie is still making locomotives.

When I was a kid, my family used to go to Presque Isle every summer. We stayed right on the beach. Do you know where the skating rink is/was? That is where we turned, went down the hill, and to our cottage.

Interstate 79 wasn't completed back then, so it took about 3-4 hours to drive from Pittsburgh to Erie.

Once 79 was finished, it took only 2 hours.

I used to catch perch, but my mom and dad wouldn't let me eat them because they said the lake was too dirty with chemicals. That was 1967-1977. I'm sure the perch are safe to eat today.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
It’s Time to Take On Police Unions

Then this should cheer you up, Chrys:

The Colorado bill that would entitle citizens at least $15,000 in damages if police interfere with their right to record breezed through the House Tuesday with overwhelming bipartisan approval, another step closer to becoming law.

While numerous court cases have established that the right to record police in public is protected by the First Amendment, many more cops have ignored those rulings, knowing there will be no serious penalty by snatching a camera as “evidence,” even if all they do is delete the footage afterwards.

Colorado House Bill 15-1290 will now make its way to the Senate, which is majority republican, but only by one senator.

And considering the House approved the democratic-sponsored bill 47-16 when the House consists of 34 democrats to 31 republicans, it is highly probable that Senate republicans will cross party lines to vote in favor of the bill, which would make it the first state in the country to protect citizens’ right to record by holding police financial liable for their abuses.

After all, it’s not about partisan ideology, but about police accountability.

And people seem to be waking up to that fact.

The progress of the bill is becoming a concern for Colorado cops, who have violated the rights of citizens to record many times over the years.

http://photographyisnotacrime.com/2...mages-to-citizens-bullied-for-recording-cops/

Looks to be a model for the country. The unions don't like it...

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Where's that one?

Alton Steel seems to be doing fine....with union workers no less.

Is this the ONE mill in operation you speak of? :think:

what about Granite City IL ? US Steel Granite City Works. over 100 years unbroken union. i heard they shut down again.(temporary) they have been there much longer. just an hour away from Alton and Wood River -

"Temporary closing of steel mill shocks workers, Granite City ..." google

quip

BANNED
Banned
I said "county", not country.

My bad. :bow:

Unions were great in the late 1800's and early 1900's. They were vital in creating the 40 hour work week, abolishing child labor, creating a safe work environment, overtime, sick days, weekends, etc.
And they still serve maintaining this purpose.

Now the union heads are making all the big money, and they are embedded with one political party.

Interesting critique coming from a supply side, pro-capitalist.