Christians Hand Out Cupcakes

TracerBullet

And the First Amendment protects the free exercise of religion even if you don't want it to and the freedom to abstain from ceremonies that offend one's faith are constitutionally protected whether you like it or not.
No one is being forced to participate in any ceremony and it's a blatant lie to say otherwise. Freedom of religion does not grant anyone the special right to discriminate.

I assume you think that Christians who don't sacrifice bulls on the day of atonement are "cherry picking" as well, right?

:doh:

If you don't understand the New Testament concept of fulfillment, then just admit it.

But don't erect straw men only to push them down and congratulate yourself on the hollow victory.
You are the one with the problem understanding the concept of fulfillment. Jesus fulfilled the law and established a new covenant. The law is fulfilled, all of it - not some of it, not this part and that part, all of it.

:chuckle:

I don't recall asking what you thought of it.
Doesn't' change the fact that your analogy is incredibly stupid.

Right, and in the same way, a Christian baker should be able to say that same sex wedding cakes aren't on the menu.

See, what you don't want to admit is that the Jewish Deli doesn't serve bacon because doing so is religiously objectionable to the Jewish deli owner.

He or she has the right to prepare the menu in harmony with his or her religious convictions.

The Christian Baker should have the same right to take a same sex wedding cake off the menu as the Jewish deli owner has the right to take bacon off the menu.
Repeating something stupid doesn't make it any less stupid.

Your deli owner doesn't sell bacon to anyone. He doesn't sell bacon to some people but not to others.

Your baker sells cakes. He doesn't get to say I'll sell anyone a cake...except black people. He doesn't get to discriminate against black people even if he claims it's against his religion to celebrate the black lifestyle.

You must be new to the thread. Calling what Christians believe about same sex behavior "hatred" appears to be one of PureX's favorite arguments.
You can believe what you want but your belief doesn't give you or anyone the right to discriminate against a minority. Wanting to legitimize such discrimination is an act of hate no matter what excuse you use to justify it.

You are similarly welcome to provide alternative interpretations to the texts that we conservative Christians stand on when we get accused of being "homophobic."
You can be as homophobic as you want but that doesn't give you or anyone the right to discriminate

Does being called a "bigot" for standing up for God's word qualify?
If someone directed the vile statement you posted at you and your family you wouldn't pretend for one second that it was anything but hate

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
It's not on me. I'm repeating what I've been told by Christians on this board. I personally don't believe in sin.
You claim the Bible calls it a sin. It is on you to prove that to be true.

Here are my reasons why I think you all do think it's a sin. . .

1. In another thread when this was brought up several Christians jumped all over me for saying that Jesus made wine for people that had already had to much to drink. They said that would make Jesus a sinner. If being drunk is not a sin, how would it make Jesus a sinner?

2. Many of you Christians keep adamantly battling the possibility that anyone at this wedding was drunk, even though it is the logical conclusion from what the host said. If being drunk is not a sin, why is it not a possibility that they were drunk at this wedding? And why are you fighting that notion so hard? If it's not a sin, it's completely possible that Jesus took part.
Not the issue.:nono:

There are warnings against drunkenness, sure. Primarily because of what can happen when one is drunk and thereby their judgment and reaction time is impaired. But there are no actual prohibitions that would define the drunkenness itself as sin.

And your argument that the wedding guests were already drunk is an argument from silence. The comment was made that the best wine is usually served first, but this wine was better than any of the wine previously served at this wedding. There was no mention that anyone was actually drunk. Definitely not to the point that God warns against.

Freedom of religion does not grant anyone the special right to discriminate.
Yes it does.

You are the one with the problem understanding the concept of fulfillment. Jesus fulfilled the law and established a new covenant. The law is fulfilled, all of it - not some of it, not this part and that part, all of it.
You seem to be the one with the comprehension problem, as Jesus specifically stated that He did not come to abolish the law: [Jesus]“Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill.”[/Jesus]

Your baker sells cakes. He doesn't get to say I'll sell anyone a cake...except black people. He doesn't get to discriminate against black people even if he claims it's against his religion to celebrate the black lifestyle.
Why not?

You can believe what you want but your belief doesn't give you or anyone the right to discriminate against a minority.
Yes it does.

You can be as homophobic as you want but that doesn't give you or anyone the right to discriminate.
Actually the right to discriminate goes beyond the reason you do so.

Just remember this: just because you have the right to do something doesn't mean it's right to do that thing.

If someone directed the vile statement you posted at you and your family you wouldn't pretend for one second that it was anything but hate
Psalm 5:4-9, Psalm 139:19-22

I'm not denying that it's hate. Your problem is that you don't understand that love can exist in spite of that hatred: Romans 5:8.

Minorities are minorities even if you don't want them to be and they are protected by the constitution whether you like it or not.
Homosexual is not a race. And the protection of minorities extant within the law is not the issue. The issue is whether or not they need someone else to protect them. They don't. They are perfectly capable of standing up for themselves and making sure those who discriminate without a valid reason suffer the consequences of their actions.

The fact that you think they need the government to come in and punish bigots with special laws makes you a bigot.

resodko

BANNED
Banned
the hapless traci, lacking any degree of critical discernment, inadvertently makes the case for societal acceptance of pedophilia:
Minorities are minorities even if you don't want them to be and they are protected by the constitution whether you like it or not.

:mock:traci the tard

resodko

BANNED
Banned
It's not okay to be a bigot.

big·ot

noun: bigot; plural noun: bigots

a person who is intolerant toward those holding different opinions.

anna holds the opinion that being gay is ok

stripe (and God and me...) holds the opinion that being gay is not ok

anna is intolerant to stripe's (and God's and mine) different opinion

that makes anna a ..........................

:think:

Dialogos

No one is being forced to participate in any ceremony and it's a blatant lie to say otherwise.
Wrong again.

A baker participates in a wedding ceremony to the extent that he or she lends their artistry and craft to the act of making the cake.

But lets just see where you really stand on these issues.

Do you think that a pastor should be able to refuse to marry two men because it violates his faith?

TB said:
Freedom of religion does not grant anyone the special right to discriminate.
Not even pastors of denominations that consider same sex marriage sinful?

TB said:
Which means what in your opinion? That all things that were once prohibited in the OT are not permissible in the NT?

Like murder, adultery, having sex with your parents?

Would arguing that these are still sinful be "cherry picking?"

TB said:
Doesn't' change the fact that your analogy is incredibly stupid.
I'll let you know when your opinion matters.

:chuckle:

TB said:
Repeating something stupid doesn't make it any less stupid.
This must be something you learned from years of practice...

TB said:
Your deli owner doesn't sell bacon to anyone. He doesn't sell bacon to some people but not to others.
Why is this?

Answer: Because to do so would violate his faith.

So why doesn't a baker sell same sex wedding cakes?

Answer: because to do so would violate his faith.

TB said:
Your baker sells cakes. He doesn't get to say I'll sell anyone a cake...except black people.
And the baker sells and has sold cakes, birthday cakes, cup cakes, etc... to homosexuals without raising a stink, but he doesn't sell same sex wedding cakes to anyone.

TB said:
He doesn't get to discriminate against black people even if he claims it's against his religion to celebrate the black lifestyle.
Now who's talking stupid.

There is no "black lifestyle."

A first generation immigrant from Kenya does not share a "lifestyle" with a 5th generation black american woman from southern California whose family tree goes back to immigrants from Jamaica.

Color does not equal lifestyle and it is ignorant to believe that it does

TB said:
You can believe what you want but your belief doesn't give you or anyone the right to discriminate against a minority. Wanting to legitimize such discrimination is an act of hate no matter what excuse you use to justify it.
In your view, does a pastor's belief that same sex marriage is sinful give him the right to refuse to officiate a same sex wedding?