Christians Hand Out Cupcakes

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Angel herself said that they were full and satisfied before Jesus' wine. When I'm full and satisfied with wine, and then I keep drinking it, guess what happens?

This statement is false, i gave the definition to you and told you to get a dictionary. It was based on your lack of knowledge of the phrase.

having your fill, means to be full and satisfied. Get a dictionary.

I never said anything about how much to drink the guests had or didnt have at this wedding. (and neither does the scriptures)

You twist like the devil.

shagster01

You made the claim, you back it up using the law. Then show us the scriptures about the wedding and show us where they (at the wedding in question) were drunk just because a host said at other weddings that happens.

Then after you have established its sin and it was happening, then you can show us how its comparable to the sin of homosexual sex, which under OT law is sin unto death.

Christ at the wedding, and everyone there was under OT law.

Ephesians 5:18.

Next you will ask me to prove debauchery is a sin.

If getting drunk is not a sin, then show me how smoking weed is.

You are going to keep running in circles with your fingers in your ears going, "lalala."

I'll shake your dust off my sandals and move on.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Since we're playing the pothead's "Let's Infer" home game, I choose to infer from the silence of Scripture that the wedding party ran out of wine (Jn 2:3) because a mix-up with the caterer led to two bottles being delivered rather than the two dozen that had been requested.

See how this works now?

Your inference though would be closer to the truth in the context of Christ providing what was lacking.

musterion

Angel herself said that they were full and satisfied before Jesus' wine. When I'm full and satisfied with wine, and then I keep drinking it, guess what happens?

Angel says she didn't say that. But it doesn't matter what WE say. The Text tells you only two things about the wine.

1. They ran out. How much had they started with? It doesn't say.

2. The steward simply stated that the usual practice was to put out the worst wine after people had had their fill -- not "save the best for last." But he did not say that they HAD had their fill by this point.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Ephesians 5:18.

Next you will ask me to prove debauchery is a sin.

If getting drunk is not a sin, then show me how smoking weed is.

You are going to keep running in circles with your fingers in your ears going, "lalala."

I'll shake your dust off my sandals and move on.

I see you have been searching but finding nothing to back you, its not up to me to support your false claims.

as far as drugs -Idolatry is sin shag. See pharmekia and the book of revelations.

Ephesians is also after the cross, we are talking about OT law and what Christ did and was under along with those at THIS wedding.

As far as moving on, you mean youll be running with your tail firmly tucked between your legs since you cant stay focused, on track, or able to support your claims.

:wave2: Dont let the door hit ya.

Lon

Do you think that nobody at that wedding might have had a drinking problem? Might have overdone it that night Jesus provided the wine? And if they did, was it Jesus' fault for contributing to their sin?

Of course not. He provided wine. What they did or didn't do with it was 100% on them. By making wine he was not condoning drunkenness, even though it likely resulted. He was just providing a service to the people there.
Waaaay off the OP. America has more problems with alcohol than most other countries. Try not to let that side-track or side-rail this thread. It isn't what this thread is about.

I 'think' the cupcake protest looks like one. That is, it isn't giving away cupcakes to be giving away cupcakes in kindness. If it were, they wouldn't have had to advertise it.

musterion

And I'll tell you something else, sorcerer.

I don't believe Mary would have come to Christ asking for help on this had she known the people were already smashed. I also believe Christ already would have known if they were, as He was there. Your darkened mind has Christ furthering, or at least promoting, drunkenness.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
From Robertson's Word Pictures:

The wine steward was only stating the usual case in these matters...a realistic hypothetical based on his past experience, is the best way I know to phrase it. But he was neither stating nor implying the party members were drunk, or had even had enough to get drunk.

Exactly, we have a winner!

TracerBullet

Not to mention its not been established - there are no scriptures stating anyone was drunk there, nor have they established the relevant laws and punishments to compare excessive drinking with homosexual sex.

(the only time i see anything traci says is when someone quotes them, they are an ignore -keeper)

Angel hates the truth

shagster01

Ok, I'll clear things up...

"Methuo" means drunk, not full like Angel4Truth claims.

"But" introduces a related contrasting statement to that which has already been stated. It does not connect two unconnected statements as Musterion says.

The verse says, " “Everyone brings out the choice wine first and then the cheaper wine after the guests have had too much to drink (methuo); but you have saved the best till now.”

Also, the word for wine can mean wine, beer, or grape juice. You are fine implying wine. You are not fine with the meaning of "but". Why is that?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Ok, I'll clear things up...

"Methuo" means drunk, not full like Angel4Truth claims.

One more time- lying pothead - i only corrected YOUR definition of the phrase " having your fill"

It is completely implied in scripture as the host talks about how most people wait until the guests have "had their fill," and then bring out cheap wine, but Jesus, at that point, brought out excellent wine.

What comes after "having your fill" of wine? Why, having too much, of course.

having your fill, means to be full and satisfied. Get a dictionary.

I made no claim about the word from scripture, i only corrected your false definition of a phrase.

Does it bother you that other people can see you lying like a demon?

shagster01

One more time- lying pothead - i only corrected YOUR definition of the phrase " having your fill"

I made no claim about the word from scripture, i only corrected your false definition of a phrase.

Does it bother you that other people can see you lying like a demon?

It's not false. It means "drunk".

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
It is completely implied in scripture as the host talks about how most people wait until the guests have "had their fill," and then bring out cheap wine, but Jesus, at that point, brought out excellent wine.

What comes after "having your fill" of wine? Why, having too much, of course.

It's not false. It means "drunk".

having your fill (a phrase you brought up and keep claiming means drunk) actual definition:

From Cambrige dictionary - get your fill of something
( also have your fill of something)
to have or experience as much as you want of something

It only means to be satisfied like i said.

Keep lying and acting like an idiot, i like people seeing you do it.

shagster01

having your fill (a phrase you brought up and keep claiming means drunk) actual definition:

From Cambrige dictionary - get your fill of something
( also have your fill of something)
to have or experience as much as you want of something

It only means to be satisfied like i said.

Keep lying and acting like an idiot, i like people seeing you do it.

You are arguing what an English statement means. I am giving you the actual Greek word used in the bible.

If getting drunk is not a sin, why are you trying so hard to prove these people weren't drunk? If it's not a sin, who cares?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
John 2:1-11
Jesus Changes Water Into Wine
2 On the third day there was a wedding in Cana of Galilee, and the mother of Jesus was there; 2 and both Jesus and His disciples were invited to the wedding. 3 When the wine ran out, the mother of Jesus *said to Him, “They have no wine.” 4 And Jesus *said to her, “Woman, [a]what does that have to do with us? My hour has not yet come.” 5 His mother *said to the servants, “Whatever He says to you, do it.” 6 Now there were six stone waterpots set there for the Jewish custom of purification, containing twenty or thirty gallons each. 7 Jesus *said to them, “Fill the waterpots with water.” So they filled them up to the brim. 8 And He *said to them, “Draw some out now and take it to the [c]headwaiter.” So they took it to him. 9 When the headwaiter tasted the water which had become wine, and did not know where it came from (but the servants who had drawn the water knew), the headwaiter *called the bridegroom, 10 and said to him, “Every man serves the good wine first, and when the people have drunk freely, then he serves the poorer wine; but you have kept the good wine until now.” 11 This beginning of His signs Jesus did in Cana of Galilee, and manifested His glory, and His disciples believed in Him.

Jesus mother said they have no more wine.

1) means maybe (since shag wants guessing to be happening here) that many at THIS wedding couldnt even "get their fill")

Then we have what the host said - he was stating what happens at OTHER WEDDINGS - where is it mentioned how MUCH to drink anyone has had AT THIS WEDDING? (hint: it doesnt)

Then did the bridegroom keep back wine at all? No, they had run out - didnt have enough for people to drink freely and get their fill at all, which is why Christ provided, just like He provided food for the hungry when He fed the 5000.

A Host guessing what happened is the same as you guessing what happened. It certainly isnt even implying that Christ gave more wine to a bunch of drunks like you suggest.

You dont even know whats happening there.

You cant read can you shag, or are you too stoned to understand what you read?