Christians Hand Out Cupcakes

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
It's not OK to be gay.
It was not "gays" that demanded that the Romans crucify Jesus!

It was the self-righteous conservative leaders whose concept of religion was strict adherence to the Mosaic Law, but lacked any compassion for common sinners.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Did God oppose slavery?

Forced by other men? Yes, the indentured kind or entered into to pay debts, no.

Exodus 21:16
“Whoever steals a man and sells him, and anyone found in possession of him, shall be put to death.

Leviticus 25:39
“If your brother becomes poor beside you and sells himself to you, you shall not make him serve as a slave 40 he shall be with you as a hired worker and as a sojourner

The forced kind? yep.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

“Whoever steals a man and sells him, and anyone found in possession of him, shall be put to death.

“If your brother becomes poor beside you and sells himself to you, you shall not make him serve as a slave 40 he shall be with you as a hired worker and as a sojourner

The forced kind? yep.
Oh, you're mean, Angel. You know they hate scripture. :thumb:

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
During the 19thC, the South was considered to be far more "religious than the North and many ministers south of the Mason-Dixon proclaimed that slavery was divinely ordained and supported by Scripture.

It was those who demanded that Christ be crucified who considered themselves to be the guardians of Scripture - but were blinded to its true meaning.

PureX

I haven't heard an answer yet.

If making a cake for a gay wedding is condoning the sin, is making wine at a wedding that people most certainly used to get drunk condoning the sin too?
Or making the guns that people will use to kill themselves ... Or someone else ...

shagster01

The forced kind? yep.

Interesting point. Many of our "religious" founding fathers owned stolen slaves. Our "Christian" nation was founded by people whom God deemed worthy of death as much as gay people.

I guess you just put to rest the idea that this nation was founded on Christianity.

musterion

It was not "gays" that demanded that the Romans crucify Jesus!

No, but every homosexual in town threatened Lot to either bring out the two visitors staying in his house for the express purpose of sodomizing them, or they'd do it to Lot.

TracerBullet

Plenty of unbelievers, who make no appeal to Judeo-Christian ethic whatsoever, hate homosexuality. The Nazis and the Communists, for example, imprisoned and kill many homosexuals.

well if the Nazis and the Communists do it then it must be a good thing

TracerBullet

The forced kind? yep.

"You may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance." Leviticus 25:44-45

If his master gave him a wife while he was a slave, and they had sons or daughters, then the man will be free in the seventh year, but his wife and children will still belong to his master. But the slave may plainly declare, 'I love my master, my wife, and my children. I would rather not go free.' If he does this, his master must present him before God. Then his master must take him to the door and publicly pierce his ear with an awl. After that, the slave will belong to his master forever." Exodus 21:4-6 "

"When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are." Exodus 21:7

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
No, but every homosexual in town threatened Lot to either bring out the two visitors staying in his house for the express purpose of sodomizing them, or they'd do it to Lot.
Christ reserved His severest criticism for the religious leaders who lacked compassion or forgiveness.

There is no equivalent to the "7 Woes" in the NT for gays which forces people like "musterion" to comb through the OT for examples to support their personal agendas.

TracerBullet

False.

"But before they lay down, the men of the city, the men of Sodom, both young and old, all the people to the last man, surrounded the house." Genesis 19:4

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
"You may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance." Leviticus 25:44-45

If his master gave him a wife while he was a slave, and they had sons or daughters, then the man will be free in the seventh year, but his wife and children will still belong to his master. But the slave may plainly declare, 'I love my master, my wife, and my children. I would rather not go free.' If he does this, his master must present him before God. Then his master must take him to the door and publicly pierce his ear with an awl. After that, the slave will belong to his master forever." Exodus 21:4-6 "

"When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are." Exodus 21:7
:thumb:

Clearly these conditions were nothing like the slavery that was rightly outlawed in recent history.

God outlawed kidnapping and made it punishable by death, meaning "slavery" as we understand it is condemned by the Bible. In the same way, homosexuality is punishable by death.

The question is: Is God a bigot for outlawing homosexuality and slavery?

You failed Logic 101, didn't you? :chuckle:

If all the men go somewhere, does that exclude all the homos?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
:thumb:

Clearly these conditions were nothing like the slavery that was rightly outlawed in recent history.

God outlawed kidnapping and made it punishable by death, meaning "slavery" as we understand it is condemned by the Bible. In the same way, homosexuality is punishable by death.

God didn't outlaw slavery no matter how you try to spin it, so if you oppose slavery, you oppose what God allowed.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

So Lot, being the good father he was, offered the mob his virgin daughters, so that the mob could do what they wanted with them. What a guy.