Christians Hand Out Cupcakes

john w

Hall of Fame
Well now that we've established that drunks will not inheret the kingdom of God lets get back to shagster's question

That's slick, sport....real slick...Slick as an eel, slithering down a drain pipe.

1 Cor. 6 KJV
9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

Memorize "but."

No charge.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
That's slick, sport....real slick...Slick as an eel, slithering down a drain pipe.

1 Cor. 6 KJV
9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

Memorize "but."

No charge.

Not to mention its not been established - there are no scriptures stating anyone was drunk there, nor have they established the relevant laws and punishments to compare excessive drinking with homosexual sex.

(the only time i see anything traci says is when someone quotes them, they are an ignore -keeper)

shagster01

Where's chapter and verse they were drunk, pothead? You made the claim, you back it up.

If I say to you, "usually people bring the bad wine out after people have had their fill of the good stuff, for obvious reasons. But you did quite the opposite." What would you think I was implying you did?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
If I say to you, "usually people bring the bad wine out after people have had their fill of the good stuff, for obvious reasons. But you did quite the opposite." What would you think I was implying you did?

Already had food and drink and were satisfied with what one had, like the word phrase means (it didnt mean what you said- your definition is false)

You are guilty of inserting what isnt there.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Waiting for shag to establish first his claim that there is a sin unto death happening to begin with - to even begin to compare the 2 (drunkeness (which hasnt been established either) compared to homosexual sex.

You have not established that drinking wine is a sin yet.

Im waiting for the law on drinking wine and the penalty shown for overdoing it. Thanks!

Also no, under the OT laws, there are sins of uncleanliness and sins which lead to death, we are talking about what Christ did and followed and there is still the matter of where drinking is sin under the law that you claim.

shagster01

Already had food and drink and were satisfied with what one had, like the word phrase means (it didnt mean what you said- your definition is false)

You are guilty of inserting what isnt there.

So in your version the host was saying, "oh no! People are completely satisfied and we've run out of wine. What should we do?"

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
So in your version the host was saying, "oh no! People are completely satisfied and we've run out of wine. What should we do?"

Im waiting for your evidence that drunkeness can be compared to homosexual sex estabished in the law.

Then after you have established they are the same, then we can look at where your evidence is that someone was guilty.

Make sure you cite the witnesses to the sin also, under the law.

shagster01

Im waiting for your evidence that drunkeness can be compared to homosexual sex estabished in the law.

Then after you have established they are the same, then we can look at where your evidence is that someone was guilty.

Make sure you cite the witnesses to the sin also, under the law.

Are you saying that being drunk is just a little sin, so it's OK if Jesus looks past it? Or are you saying it's no sin at all?

musterion

What I would infer exactly what the account records: Christ provided wine that evidently tasted better than any the wine steward had ever sampled, which as the steward he knew was contrary to the usual practice.

What I would NOT infer is that the people at your party were already drunk, or that they even intended to get drunk at all.

Where's it say they were drunk?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Are you saying that being drunk is just a little sin, so it's OK if Jesus looks past it? Or are you saying it's no sin at all?

You havent established either that its sin, that its compatible to homosexual sex, or that it was happening.

You have no case. You have no evidence of anything.

Its not my burden to present anything for your claim, its yours.

john w

Hall of Fame
Psalms 104 KJV

13 He watereth the hills from his chambers:
the earth is satisfied with the fruit of thy works.
14 He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle,
and herb for the service of man:
that he may bring forth food out of the earth;
15 and wine that maketh glad the heart of man,
and oil to make his face to shine,
and bread which strengtheneth man’s heart.

No scripture testifies that wine is inheritently "evil."

Ephesians 5 KJV
18And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;

musterion

Since we're playing the pothead's "Let's Infer" home game, I choose to infer from the silence of Scripture that the wedding party ran out of wine (Jn 2:3) because a mix-up with the caterer led to two bottles being delivered rather than the two dozen that had been requested.

See how this works now?

shagster01

You havent established either that its sin,

I'm asking you, is being drunk a sin?
Establish it for me.

that its compatible to homosexual sex,

Condoning sin is condoning sin. Does it matter what the sin you are condoning is, or what the Bible says the punishment should be? Is it OK to condone lesser sins?

The issue here is whether or not this pastor should be handing out cupcakes to gays representing that he is ok with it.

Should he hand out cupcakes to drunks, showing that he is ok with it?

or that it was happening.

You choose to ignore that evidence.

shagster01

What I would infer exactly what the account records: Christ provided wine that evidently tasted better than any the wine steward had ever sampled, which as the steward he knew was contrary to the usual practice.

What I would NOT infer is that the people at your party were already drunk, or that they even intended to get drunk at all.

Where's it say they were drunk?

Angel herself said that they were full and satisfied before Jesus' wine. When I'm full and satisfied with wine, and then I keep drinking it, guess what happens?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
John 2:1-11
Jesus Changes Water Into Wine
2 On the third day there was a wedding in Cana of Galilee, and the mother of Jesus was there; 2 and both Jesus and His disciples were invited to the wedding. 3 When the wine ran out, the mother of Jesus *said to Him, “They have no wine.” 4 And Jesus *said to her, “Woman, [a]what does that have to do with us? My hour has not yet come.” 5 His mother *said to the servants, “Whatever He says to you, do it.” 6 Now there were six stone waterpots set there for the Jewish custom of purification, containing twenty or thirty gallons each. 7 Jesus *said to them, “Fill the waterpots with water.” So they filled them up to the brim. 8 And He *said to them, “Draw some out now and take it to the [c]headwaiter.” So they took it to him. 9 When the headwaiter tasted the water which had become wine, and did not know where it came from (but the servants who had drawn the water knew), the headwaiter *called the bridegroom, 10 and said to him, “Every man serves the good wine first, and when the people have drunk freely, then he serves the poorer wine; but you have kept the good wine until now.” 11 This beginning of His signs Jesus did in Cana of Galilee, and manifested His glory, and His disciples believed in Him.

Jesus mother said they have no more wine.

1) means maybe (since shag wants guessing to be happening here) that many at THIS wedding couldnt even "get their fill")

Then we have what the host said - he was stating what happens at OTHER WEDDINGS - where is it mentioned how MUCH to drink anyone has had AT THIS WEDDING? (hint: it doesnt)

Then did the bridegroom keep back wine at all? No, they had run out - didnt have enough for people to drink freely and get their fill at all, which is why Christ provided, just like He provided food for the hungry when He fed the 5000.

A Host guessing what happened is the same as you guessing what happened. It certainly isnt even implying that Christ gave more wine to a bunch of drunks like you suggest.

You dont even know whats happening there.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I'm asking you, is being drunk a sin?
Establish it for me.

You made the claim, you back it up using the law. Then show us the scriptures about the wedding and show us where they (at the wedding in question) were drunk just because a host said at other weddings that happens.

Then after you have established its sin and it was happening, then you can show us how its comparable to the sin of homosexual sex, which under OT law is sin unto death.

Christ at the wedding, and everyone there was under OT law.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
211503-cupcakes-with-lotsa-icing-rainbow-rose-cupcakes-tumblr.png

:Firechyld:

musterion

From Robertson's Word Pictures:

"When men have drunk freely" (otan mequsqwsin). Indefinite temporal clause with otan and first aorist passive subjunctive of mequskw. The verb does not mean that these guests are now drunk, but that this is a common custom to put "the worse" (ton elassw, the less, the inferior) wine last.
A verb is in the subjunctive mood when it expresses a condition which is doubtful or not factual.
The subjunctive indicates probability or objective possibility. The action of the verb will possibly happen, depending on certain objective factors or circumstances. It has a number of specific uses and is oftentimes used in conditional statements (i.e. 'If...then...' clauses) or in purpose clauses.
The wine steward was only stating the usual case in these matters...a realistic hypothetical based on his past experience, is the best way I know to phrase it. But he was neither stating nor implying the party members were drunk, or had even had enough to get drunk.