Christians Hand Out Cupcakes

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
You don't think continuing to drink after "having their fill" would equate to being inebriated?

And serving people more who have "had their fill" is encouraging the inebriation?

Not really, and at any rate it wouldn't matter, please cite which of the 613 laws that says drinking wine is sin.

Also if they were so drunk (text says no such thing anyway) how would they know the wine was better than what they already had?

Your argument is desperate. Drinking wine isnt a sin, engaging in homosexual acts, is.

shagster01

Not really

So there is no obligation in your mind for a bar to stop serving an intoxicated patron?

, and at any rate it wouldn't matter, please cite which of the 613 laws that says drinking wine is sin.

Drinking too much is.

Also if they were so drunk (text says no such thing anyway) how would they know the wine was better than what they already had?

It would apply even if only one was drunk.

That's like saying serving cake at a gay wedding is fine because not everyone there is gay.

TracerBullet

Why would it be, since drinking wine isn't a sin?

Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. Galatians 5:21

john w

Hall of Fame
"because he was tired of his religion being defined by hate."

So, handing out cupcakes, and not rebuking the sin, and the sinner, is "love," while warning someone of a danger is "hate."

Got it.

No, approving, where the LORD God dissaproves, I refer to as treachery to heaven, and hate.

Isaiah 5 KJV

20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

Woe, indeed...

TracerBullet

God did outlaw the kind where men were kidnapped and forced into it, ive already quoted the scripture on it. It says that both the kidnapper and the person who receives the stolen one, is to be put to death.

Biblically the word slave also covers indentured servitude.

Im confused by some of your posts, do you think there is evil in God?

"However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. " Leviticus 25:44-45

"When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are." Exodus 21:7

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
So there is no obligation in your mind for a bar to stop serving an intoxicated patron?

Drinking too much is.

It would apply even if only one was drunk.

That's like saying serving cake at a gay wedding is fine because not everyone there is gay.

Again, cite which of the 613 laws that says that drinking wine is sin. Then even if you try twisting scripture, show where drunkeness is a sin unto death, like homosexual relations, thanks. :)

Hint: even if you take a verse from context to make it a law (like the pharisees) it would still not be one unto death.

musterion

Sodomy is a form of hatred: for self, for the one engaging with, and most of all for God. But being devoted to it is also a peculiar sign that one is so far gone that he's been wholly given over by God as a self-imposed judgement.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
From the law comes the knowledge of sin, to compare the 2, we need to see

1) The actual law from the 613 laws.

2) Where the penalty for such is shown, (unto death, or uncleanliness)

Good luck!

shagster01

Again, cite which of the 613 laws that says that drinking wine is sin. Then even if you try twisting scripture, show where drunkeness is a sin unto death, like homosexual relations, thanks. :)

Hint: even if you take a verse from context to make it a law (like the pharisees) it would still not be one unto death.

The bible says all sin leads to death.

I'm sure yours don't though.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
The bible says all sin leads to death.

I'm sure yours don't though.

You have not established that drinking wine is a sin yet.

Im waiting for the law on drinking wine and the penalty shown for overdoing it. Thanks!

Also no, under the OT laws, there are sins of uncleanliness and sins which lead to death, we are talking about what Christ did and followed and there is still the matter of where drinking is sin under the law that you claim.

TracerBullet

I haven't heard an answer yet.

If making a cake for a gay wedding is condoning the sin, is making wine at a wedding that people most certainly used to get drunk condoning the sin too?

Well now that we've established that drunks will not inheret the kingdom of God lets get back to shagster's question

musterion

It is completely implied in scripture as the host talks about how most people wait until the guests have "had their fill," and then bring out cheap wine, but Jesus, at that point, brought out excellent wine.

Don't play the "it's implied" game. The host was just stating the usual practice. Where's it say the people were drunk?

musterion

Originally Posted by shagster01
I haven't heard an answer yet.

If making a cake for a gay wedding is condoning the sin, is making wine at a wedding that people
most certainlyused to get drunk condoning the sin too?
First "implied," now "most certainly."

I ask again. Where's it say that in the Text?