I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Or is it that surprising?

Some quotes from the link below.

'I Ached Every Day for a Dad;' 'It's Not Just Me'

Heather Barwick, a contributor to The Federalist, is a straight woman who was raised by her biological mother and her mother’s same-sex partner. She wrote an open letter to the gay community saying “Gay community, I am your daughter.”

“Gay marriage doesn’t just redefine marriage, but also parenting. It promotes and normalizes a family structure that necessarily denies us something precious and foundational.

In the link she goes on to relate that she does not have the freedom express the hurt and pain caused by being brought up in a lesbian home. Full article can be found in the link below.

http://www.mrctv.org/blog/woman-rai...another-mother-couldnt-ever-replace-my-father

Tinark

Heather Barwick, a contributor to The Federalist, is a straight woman who was raised by her biological mother and her mother’s same-sex partner. She wrote an open letter to the gay community saying “Gay community, I am your daughter.”

“Gay marriage doesn’t just redefine marriage, but also parenting. It promotes and normalizes a family structure that necessarily denies us something precious and foundational.

In the link she goes on to relate that she does not have the freedom express the hurt and pain caused by being brought up in a lesbian home. Full article can be found in the link below.

http://www.mrctv.org/blog/woman-rai...another-mother-couldnt-ever-replace-my-father

Her dad left her mom and stayed out of her life. How would a ban on same sex marriage of brought him or a different male back into her life while growing up?

It's a complete non-sequitor.

GFR7

Hope she sends off to the Supreme Court ......

Tinark

Hope she sends off to the Supreme Court ......

She should go for it - she is lacking in basic logic and will therefore be a boon to SSM advocates. Her story is more about daddy issues than anything else. She doesn't present any hard data regarding children raised by SS couples as a whole, nor does she offer any plausible mechanism on how banning SSM will increase the number of children raised by both a mom and a dad, and especially not so in her own case.

shagster01

I ached for a dad too. Not because my mom was gay (she isn't) but because my heterosexual dad split.

Join the club with 50% of us Americans, sister. You're problem ain't unique.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Being that the article states she was three years old, the details of the divorce were not seen first hand.

In regards to her absentee father, I have to wonder why any mother or father would make the CHOICE to not be in their child's life. It seems like she is not
placing any of the responsibility on Dear Old Dad for her feelings of abandonment.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I ached for a dad too. Not because my mom was gay (she isn't) but because my heterosexual dad split.

And you missed the point, her point was that having a fill in "dad "(a woman) didn't replace having a real male figure as father in her life.

No matter how butch a woman is, she doesn't replace a man and isnt a man and will never be a man.

Truth remains, children need a mother and a father. Its tragic that so many are without them.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Men and women are different. That is a hard fact of life. A woman can never replace a father.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Good for her, but as for what seems to be a never ending topic....:vomit:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Her dad left her mom and stayed out of her life. How would a ban on same sex marriage of brought him or a different male back into her life while growing up?

It's a complete non-sequitor.

1. have
  2. non-sequitur

Buzzword

This just proves what we've been saying all along: that gay parents are exactly like straight parents.

They're just as capable of pouring unconditional love and support into a child, and getting an ungrateful, wretched slab of angst as a result.

This woman has decided that her own unresolved daddy issues should be inflicted upon the country as a whole.
She does not have any empirical evidence, only a disjointed attempt at appeal to emotion.
She also is alienating the millions of children in single-parent homes, and seems to be implying that those children would be better off ripped from their homes and forced to live with a heterosexual couple.

shagster01

And you missed the point, her point was that having a fill in "dad "(a woman) didn't replace having a real male figure as father in her life.

A lot of us didn't have one. Join the club sister. . .

No matter how butch a woman is, she doesn't replace a man and isnt a man and will never be a man.

Neither do single straight moms.

Truth remains, children need a mother and a father. Its tragic that so many are without them.

Define need. Because I survived, became a loving dad and husband myself, love my life and the childhood i had, and only think about my situation when others (like this post) bring it up. It would have been nice to have my dad around, but a "need" is something that you can't survive without.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Leave it to the libs to defend their pet perversion by claiming this lady did not miss out on having a father.

republicanchick

so 2 wrongs make a right, 1 wrong: her father abandoned her

2nd: gay parents

well, that is just another lib lie: 2 wrongs always make a right somehow

you libs hate the truth...

but unfortunately you will have to face truth in the next life even if you don't face it now... and if you don't face it now.. you won't be able to handle it in the next life. "Many will attempt to enter Heaven but will not be able.." Jesus said

___

rainee

Brother I hear Christian principles based on loving Bible verses calling
but my country is sipping the Kool Aid on that help

Tinark

so 2 wrongs make a right, 1 wrong: her father abandoned her

2nd: gay parents

well, that is just another lib lie: 2 wrongs always make a right somehow

you libs hate the truth...

but unfortunately you will have to face truth in the next life even if you don't face it now... and if you don't face it now.. you won't be able to handle it in the next life. "Many will attempt to enter Heaven but will not be able.." Jesus said

___

Unable to defend the logic used by this lady, you resort to personal attacks and red herrings. The mark of a desperate person who knows the argument is lost.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
From the article:

“Kids of divorced parents are allowed to say, ‘Hey, mom and dad, I love you, but the divorce crushed me and has been so hard. It shattered my trust and made me feel like it was my fault. It is so hard living in two different houses.’ Kids of adoption are allowed to say, ‘Hey, adoptive parents, I love you. But this is really hard for me. I suffer because my relationship with my first parents was broken. I’m confused and I miss them even though I’ve never met them.’

This has nothing to do with gay couples and everything to do with this woman's feelings of abandonment BY HER FATHER.

It's fairly obvious the guy didn't think enough of his own daughter to stick around and be a parent. Divorce is unfortunate, but a fact of life. This father didn't make himself available to his daughter because ... he simply didn't care.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Also from the article:

Barwick tells World Magazine that her relationship with her “other mother” was awkward and that she just “couldn’t choose to love another woman as my parent.”

That is because ... the woman is not *her* parent. Her other *parent* abandoned her.

This story isn't really any different than kids whose parents divorce and one goes on to marry (someone of the opposite sex), and the child doesn't like his/her step-parent.

The evil step-father or step-mother. So it's one of two things: Either this woman wished to have a step-father OR she wanted her parents to live in a volatile, loveless marriage.