I think the 21th century stinks!

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I really hate the 21th century. Everyone has a little hand-held box and all they do is stare at it. I would not have a cell phone, even if someone bought it for me, I would not use it. In fact, I did have someone buy me a cell phone, and if you do not believe me, and I do know you and you are not a weirdo, I’ll send it to you free. Another thing, cable TV, this is the biggest gyp; I would never have that service, as it is something so superfluous to necessity, and you sell yourself to some creep like that "Charley, who owns Dish Network, do you really need that little creep in your life? Here is another example, I had this offered to me for free, no bills sent to me, and I said “no” because i do not want creepy channels being sent to my house.

Recently, i bought a computer; I thought I made a good decision, yet I was wrong, it have no wired Ethernet port, only WiFi, well, no one is going to talk me into WiFi, I am not having extra service. You call the cable internet company and you get a kid telling you over and over about why you should pay more, and I end up so angry, i tell them to shout up about it, or I will cancel, and they do not know what to say, they seen stunned? Yet they were the one that refused my nice polite no answer, and it not being heard, I fell like I would like to hit them over the head with a frying pan, so, I do the next appropriate thing, saying I will cancel if they do not shut up.

I had an easy tome doing the return, and then called Amazon, and the man I spoke with was very polite, yet as polite and nice as he was, he could not communicate with me. Anyone forty or younger is not easy for me to converse with, the expectation is different, for example, he could not grasp i did not want WiFi, or have no magic hand net picture taking telephone.

To be honest I never liked telephones, as it seems if you are visiting someone, their incoming phone calls have priority over your presence! This is true and nuts! A few times, years ago, when I was visiting someone, and they received a phone call, and stayed on the phone, rather than saying to the caller they had real company, I left their house, went home and called them, asking, “ it this better? Do we I have more your attention this way? By the way, from now on I will call you, not visit you.” And they are amazed!

I never settled the computer refund and return issue, but have bother with the return ordeal. I might just tell then to forget it charge me and I will give the thing away! You know what really bugs me? The idea I had to research this thing, and now have to pack it is worth more to me in personal energy than want I paid for the thing, so, it is a big, well not big, but a few hundred big loss for me.

So that is my gype, the 21th century stinks and think it would have been better had the disease which plagues me, ended my life and maybe Bob may be alive today. He was better adjusting to modern change than me. I ask God why. and the only thought I have seems to be I am too bugged by all this, and still too much in this world, whether I like it or not, it allures me, even though I dislike it!

Now that is more political than personal.

elohiym

I can relate.

What is the the disease that plagues you?

(If you don't mind sharing that information.)

JosephR

I would take the free phone, but it seems your personal time for shipping and handling is about 500 an hour... So I'll skip it:)

Try not to hate anything, it's bad for you :)

" do not hate hard work, for God made it"

elohiym

You mentioned your liver before, Kat. Is it that, what you feared? I only ask because I care for you and want to pray for you.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I really hate the 21th century. Everyone has a little hand-held box and all they do is stare at it. I would not have a cell phone, even if someone bought it for me, I would not use it. In fact, I did have someone buy me a cell phone, and if you do not believe me, and I do know you and you are not a weirdo, I’ll send it to you free. Another thing, cable TV, this is the biggest gyp; I would never have that service, as it is something so superfluous to necessity, and you sell yourself to some creep like that "Charley, who owns Dish Network, do you really need that little creep in your life? Here is another example, I had this offered to me for free, no bills sent to me, and I said “no” because i do not want creepy channels being sent to my house.

Recently, i bought a computer; I thought I made a good decision, yet I was wrong, it have no wired Ethernet port, only WiFi, well, no one is going to talk me into WiFi, I am not having extra service. You call the cable internet company and you get a kid telling you over and over about why you should pay more, and I end up so angry, i tell them to shout up about it, or I will cancel, and they do not know what to say, they seen stunned? Yet they were the one that refused my nice polite no answer, and it not being heard, I fell like I would like to hit them over the head with a frying pan, so, I do the next appropriate thing, saying I will cancel if they do not shut up.

I had an easy tome doing the return, and then called Amazon, and the man I spoke with was very polite, yet as polite and nice as he was, he could not communicate with me. Anyone forty or younger is not easy for me to converse with, the expectation is different, for example, he could not grasp i did not want WiFi, or have no magic hand net picture taking telephone.

To be honest I never liked telephones, as it seems if you are visiting someone, their incoming phone calls have priority over your presence! This is true and nuts! A few times, years ago, when I was visiting someone, and they received a phone call, and stayed on the phone, rather than saying to the caller they had real company, I left their house, went home and called them, asking, “ it this better? Do we I have more your attention this way? By the way, from now on I will call you, not visit you.” And they are amazed!

I never settled the computer refund and return issue, but have bother with the return ordeal. I might just tell then to forget it charge me and I will give the thing away! You know what really bugs me? The idea I had to research this thing, and now have to pack it is worth more to me in personal energy than want I paid for the thing, so, it is a big, well not big, but a few hundred big loss for me.

So that is my gype, the 21th century stinks and think it would have been better had the disease which plagues me, ended my life and maybe Bob may be alive today. He was better adjusting to modern change than me. I ask God why. and the only thought I have seems to be I am too bugged by all this, and still too much in this world, whether I like it or not, it allures me, even though I dislike it!

Now that is more political than personal.

I agree with you.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I can relate.

What is the the disease that plagues you?

(If you don't mind sharing that information.)

I told this long ago, it is hepatitis C, and here is the wearied thing. I was very sick in 2005, so sick the physicians at the time told me I could not expect to live more than a few years. Now here I am still earthbound?

I see some things more clearly now, although I know some here may I care about may disagree.

Here is one example: I went to a hepatitis C group ones, and in my case I succumbed to the disease by blood transfusion, were as drugs count for more cases. It this meeting a mid-age woman was talking about using IV drugs, and to this I said, "You did it to yourself, you were irresponsible, I am the victim, not you!"

I would not say that now; I look at it worth a less judgmental eye, yet believe me, I am pretty judgmental, more than most people.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I would take the free phone, but it seems your personal time for shipping and handling is about 500 an hour... So I'll skip it:)

Try not to hate anything, it's bad for you :)

" do not hate hard work, for God made it"

Yes, you would be right, my personal time is worth $500.00 an hour.

That is not the issue, I would send it free to some I now and you seem like you are being a snot to me.

It need added minutes because they are also a big gyp, you don't use them, they time out.

The only way to beat these creeps is to buy them, buy stock, not buy from them.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
There are lots on posts where WiFi is said to drop out, and I know the aor is not as good as a wire fyctivitor condu

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
You mentioned your liver before, Kat. Is it that, what you feared? I only ask because I care for you and want to pray for you.

Yes, the liver is really shot,:Grizzly: but being iron lady, it does not take me out.

elohiym

I told this long ago, it is hepatitis C, and here is the wearied thing. I was very sick in 2005, so sick the physicians at the time told me I could not expect to live more than a few years. Now here I am still earthbound?

I remember, Kat, and remember praying for you. If our payers have any effect, then do consider blaming all of us that prayed for you back then. :) I'm glad you are still with us. At times we weren't sure you would be for much longer.

elohiym

Yes, the liver is really shot,:Grizzly: but being iron lady, it does not take me out.

Obviously. :chuckle:

You open to any tips on repairing that liver of yours? I mean tips that are based on scientific evidence.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Kat,

Find a cell phone with hot-spot capability. You then use its cellular radio and Bluetooth (short range wireless) functionality to connect your Bluetooth (no WiFi, right?) enabled computer to the internet. Won't be the fastest connection, but will do for most things.

Or perhaps your wireline phone provider offers DSL internet connectivity in your locale?

AMR

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I remember, Kat, and remember praying for you. If our payers have any effect, then do consider blaming all of us that prayed for you back then. :) I'm glad you are still with us. At times we weren't sure you would be for much longer.

Yes, they did help, and that is not bad, as if God wills it, there is reason.
Thank you

On the liver question, really I know more than most physicians, and if I were able, i could open a big center and hire many top physicians, and offer research grants. As it is, I have come to know one thing, God does not reward me for my attraction to business.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Kat,

Find a cell phone with hot-spot capability. You then use its cellular radio and Bluetooth (short range wireless) functionality to connect your Bluetooth (no WiFi, right?) enabled computer to the internet. Won't be the fastest connection, but will do for most things.

Or perhaps your wireline phone provider offers DSL internet connectivity in your locale?

AMR
I really do not know what this is? I heard of Bluetooth, but to me it means a tooth blue. LOL.

I know it relates to computers because I read about it being a feature. I would need my mind of five years back and a structured class in this to really understand it.

If you do not mind, I would like to send it to my son?

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I really do not know what this is? I heard of Bluetooth, but to me it means a tooth blue. LOL.
The folks you see apparently talking to themselves at times are communicating with that earpiece to their cell phone in their pocket via Bluetooth wireless protocols. Most computers/laptops today also have Bluetooth wireless to enable all manner of connections to keyboards, mice, speakers, etc. In business it is called "PAN" -Personal Area Networks.

A cell phone uses a Wireless Wide Area Network (WWAN) set of radio protocols (e.g., GPRS, WCDMA, LTE) to communicate to cell towers and subsequently to the rest of the world.

Combining PAN and WWAN functions in a cell phone can enable a wireless "hot spot" feature that can connect with a computer also using Bluetooth and thereby allow the computer communicate with the rest of the world.

Most modern cell phones ("smart phones") include this feature providing an alternative to cable modems, WiFi, etc. In fact, some cell phones have WiFi built in and would then just use the WiFi in a laptop versus Bluetooth.

There are also phones that use a special cable for direct connection to a laptop's USB port instead of relying upon Bluetooth or WiFi. In all cases, this setup naturally suffers from the battery life of the cell phone unless it is plugged in while using a laptop connected to it.

If you do not mind, I would like to send it to my son?
By all means.

AMR

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
He would understand where you are saying here. For me, I am totally lost. I never had any phone other than land line. I used a satellite phone, however, they belonged to a company.

elohiym

The folks you see apparently talking to themselves ...

When I was growing up and you saw someone doing that, you thought they were crazy. Now you have wonder if they are talking on their cell phone or crazy. I guess that's one way technology has complicated life. :chuckle: