It's "terrorism" to destroy an abortion clinic???!!!

republicanchick

It's "terrorism" to destroy an abortion clinic???!​

I was watching FOX last night and the closed captions were on AND I was momentarily distracted (I think I was trying to stir the cream into my coffee while holding a lid over it to keep it hot... or something along those lines).

But someone (I think it was a regular joe b/c they were interviewing regular folks about the pres's SOTA) said something about how destroying an abortion clinic is terrorism also.

HUH??

Oh... OK... yeh, that building should not be destroyed but babies... different story...

just b/c they are labeled "unwanted" it is OK to terrorize them?

Geez!

talk about skewed values...

+

republicanchick

Abortion clinics are terrorism. They say "relieve yourself of your baby or you will not be happy".

why wouldn't a terrorist lie as well as murder?

once you concede that murder is OK (but of course only under certain conditions!)

you will do ANYTHING...

but I guess that goes w/ o saying...

Oh Moron City, here we come...

++++

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It's "terrorism" to destroy an abortion clinic???!

As in blowing it up or going on a shooting spree? Killing everyone inside? YES, it is terrorism. Just as it is terrorism to *legally* slaughter unborn babies via abortion.

IF you are truly about saving the lives of the unborn, that means PROMOTING life and health, not terrorizing people.

Rather than being a spokesperson for the RP, try speaking out for the unborn and their mothers.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
I am against abortions. But I doubt that the solution lies in either making them illegal or in destroying clinics.

Morpheus

As in blowing it up or going on a shooting spree? Killing everyone inside? YES, it is terrorism. Just as it is terrorism to *legally* slaughter unborn babies via abortion.

IF you are truly about saving the lives of the unborn, that means PROMOTING life and health, not terrorizing people.

Rather than being a spokesperson for the RP, try speaking out for the unborn and their mothers.

I agree. Also, as a Christian I have to consider my witness. We are not justified doing evil to fight evil.
1 Peter 2:12

12 Keep your behavior excellent among the Gentiles, so that in the thing in which they slander you as evildoers, they may [n]because of your good deeds, as they observe them, glorify God in the day of [o]visitation.
And
Romans 12:17-21

17 Never pay back evil for evil to anyone. [o]Respect what is right in the sight of all men. 18 If possible, so far as it depends on you, be at peace with all men. 19 Never take your own revenge, beloved, but [p]leave room for the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” says the Lord. 20 “But if your enemy is hungry, feed him, and if he is thirsty, give him a drink; for in so doing you will heap burning coals on his head.” 21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Crowns&Laurels

BANNED
Banned
'Terrorism' is the art of striking terror into others.

It's a word that is abused in today's society. For example, drug dealers have been called terrorists.
And sometimes it isn't even criminal- even men's rights activists which counter out of control feminism have been called terrorists.

And there's also context- associating 'terrorism' with destroying an abortion clinic doesn't follow with the context it is used, unless of course there are casualties.
Therefore, it is a manipulative statement to say 'destroying an abortion clinic is terrorism'. And this semantic manipulation exists all over the media, it's trading accuracy for persuasion.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I agree. Also, as a Christian I have to consider my witness. We are not justified doing evil to fight evil.

I wish for the PROMOTION and CELEBRATION of life to replace abortion in the hearts of women and men.

Of course, like anything, that's a lot easier said than done. Of course, that would also mean recognizing that teens and women who are experiencing unplanned pregnancies NEED support rather than condemnation.

Morpheus

Exactly. I'm not going to go do it, but destroying an abortion clinic isn't much different from destroying a concentration camp, IMO. I honestly can't see the difference.

Although I see destroying abortion clinics problematic for a few reasons explained earlier, I do understand the sentiment. I used to think the same way 25 years ago. But the principle of nonviolent revolution has demonstrated that nonviolence is a more affective weapon than violence because violence loses you support and gives the authorities justification to squash you. But as I said earlier, the greater reasons not to destroy clinics are explained in an earlier post. But finally, you destroy an idea with a better idea. Jesus didn't teach us to force people into submission; he taught us to show them a better way and then they will follow of their own free will.

As to Crowns & Laurels' assertion that destroying clinics isn't terrorism unless someone gets injured or killed, part of the reason people destroy clinics is to scare those working there out of business. Creating terror in someone is the definition of terrorism.

Daniel1611

Blowing up a building to scare people into going along with your ideas is basically the definition of terrorism.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I am against abortions. But I doubt that the solution lies in either making them illegal or in destroying clinics.

No you're not.

It is not a matter of blame. The question that should be asked is why do women have abortions. The answer is not that complicated. It is because some of us end up pregnant and in economic situations that are not viable. Faced with a choice of feeding the children I have versus having another and seeing all of them underfed the answer, as atrocious as it may be, is abortion.

Chrys you really can not appreciate this. It is not something you have or can ever face.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
'Terrorism' is the art of striking terror into others.

It's a word that is abused in today's society. For example, drug dealers have been called terrorists.
And sometimes it isn't even criminal- even men's rights activists which counter out of control feminism have been called terrorists.

And there's also context- associating 'terrorism' with destroying an abortion clinic doesn't follow with the context it is used, unless of course there are casualties.
Therefore, it is a manipulative statement to say 'destroying an abortion clinic is terrorism'. And this semantic manipulation exists all over the media, it's trading accuracy for persuasion.

You blow up a building, it's terrorism. Any pro-life person combating abortion by an action which has the inherent capacity to terminate life isn't really pro-life at all.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned

Many "blacks" in Ferguson would argue that the shooting of unarned in broad daylight was an act of police "terrorism!"

Following "republicanchick's" logic, they would be justified in blowing up the local police station!

jgarden

BANNED
Banned

Many "blacks" in Ferguson would argue that they consider the fatal shooting of an unarmed Michael Brown in broad daylight as an act of police "terrorism!"

Following "republicanchick's" logic, they would be justified in blowing up the local police station!

Last edited:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It is "terrorism" for a citizen to use violence or a threat of to get a state to change. It is war for a state to use violence or a threat of violence to get another state to change.

Japan committed an act of war on December 7, 1941. Islam committed an act of terrorism on September 11, 2001.

republicanchick

quit with all the straw men already

I clearly said BUILDINGS... as opposed to buildings with HUMANS in them...

typical lib tactic... set up a straw man and attack away... well, let the straw fall where it may...

Oh Moron City....

++++

republicanchick

Many "blacks" in Ferguson would argue that they consider the fatal shooting of an unarmed Michael Brown in broad daylight was an act of police "terrorism!"

Michael Brown was a thug who asked for what he got. The courts and even the AG Holder have NOT brought charges against Darren Wilson

so why are you?

oh, that's right... never mind. I already know the answer to that:

you are a lib

+

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
quit with all the straw men already

Quit making illogical threads ... because you're ... bored.

I clearly said BUILDINGS... as opposed to buildings with HUMANS in them...

Why do you suppose it's illegal to go around blowing up buildings even if one believes they are empty?

typical lib tactic... set up a straw man and attack away... well, let the straw fall where it may...

You said something stupid. As usual. I responded. As did others. IF you truly despise criticism, educate yourself.

Oh Moron City....

Oh ... you've had a city named after you. That's quaint.