Attn: Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I agree with some of Smith's comments, but I can also understand some of the criticism over what Cuban said, because is a black man wearing a hoodie the same thing as a bald white man with tattoos all over his head and face? :idunno:

drbrumley

I agree with some of Smith's comments, but I can also understand some of the criticism over what Cuban said, because is a black man wearing a hoodie the same thing as a bald white man with tattoos all over his head and face? :idunno:

To some people it is....

OCTOBER23

Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson

I know that Jesse Jackson has a child by his mistress and he is a preacher.

The Berean

Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson

I know that Jesse Jackson has a child by his mistress and he is a preacher.

What church does/did Jesse Jackson preach at? According to his wiki page he is an "ordained" Baptist minister but there is no mention that he ever pastored any Baptist church.

Morpheus

Probably the best rant I ever heard on race on TV. It's a few months old after the Mark Cuban fiasco.

Stephen A. Smith Rants on Mark Cuban's Comments on Race

We need to notice one thing that Smith said. He spoke about climbing to where he is from where he came. Many White folks like to cherry-pick speeches like this to blame Blacks when they fail to succeed. The truth is that it is comparable to lining up for a mile race and giving the White folks a quarter-mile head start. Some Blacks will finish decently, but most can not make up for the disadvantage. And even among those who strive harder than their White competition to succeed, the chance of one of them actually winning is almost zero, especially considering the number of White competitors trying to trip them up in order to maintain their advantage.

In closing, I remember the words of an "award-winning", inner-city, Black high school principal who told me that there was no use squandering resources on her students since they were only going to fail anyhow. Unless you have cared enough to get involved in the first place, then a White person can't make a fair comparison between their experience and that of young Blacks, Latinos, or Native Americans. Where you end up usually depends on where you started from.

genuineoriginal

We need to notice one thing that Smith said. He spoke about climbing to where he is from where he came. Many White folks like to cherry-pick speeches like this to blame Blacks when they fail to succeed. The truth is that it is comparable to lining up for a mile race and giving the White folks a quarter-mile head start. Some Blacks will finish decently, but most can not make up for the disadvantage. And even among those who strive harder than their White competition to succeed, the chance of one of them actually winning is almost zero, especially considering the number of White competitors trying to trip them up in order to maintain their advantage.

In closing, I remember the words of an "award-winning", inner-city, Black high school principal who told me that there was no use squandering resources on her students since they were only going to fail anyhow. Unless you have cared enough to get involved in the first place, then a White person can't make a fair comparison between their experience and that of young Blacks, Latinos, or Native Americans. Where you end up usually depends on where you started from.

It appears that you believe that white people are so genetically superior to black people that white people have an unfair advantage.
Is that really what you are saying?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
i wear hoodies all the time :idunno:
Spoiler
kkk_zps3718602d.jpg

Granite

Hall of Fame
It appears that you believe that white people are so genetically superior to black people that white people have an unfair advantage.
Is that really what you are saying?

No, he's saying they're dealt major societal disadvantages that often hobble them right out of the gate.

resodko

BANNED
Banned
No, he's saying they're dealt major societal disadvantages that often hobble them right out of the gate.

gosh, that sounds just impressive as all get out and I'm sure your liberal heart bleeds for those poor poor oppressed, hobbled black kids

just for giggles, howzabout you tell us what "major societal disadvantages" you think these (failing) high school students have been hobbled with?

Four-Pebblebrook-thugs.jpg

Mableton teens linked to gang are accused in beating death

36 year-old Joshua Chellew was the victim of a violent attack on Mableton Parkway on Sunday, June 30. Chellew was allegedly beaten and pushed into traffic by four alleged gang members.

36 year-old Joshua Chellew was the victim of a violent attack on Mableton Parkway on Sunday, June 30. Chellew was allegedly beaten and pushed into traffic by four alleged gang members.

Four south Cobb teenagers are in custody in connection with the beating death of a 36-year-old Mableton man on Mableton Parkway early Sunday morning.

The incident initially was reported by police as a hit-and-run death over the weekend, but the narrative changed drastically Tuesday after the arrests of four teenagers on murder charges.

Jekari Oshay Strozier, 19; Antonio Shantwan Pass, 18; and Johnathan Donald Anthony, 18; all from Mableton, are in the Cobb County jail without bonds on charges of felony murder, aggravated assault and violation of the Georgia Street Gang Act.

The fourth suspect, 18-year-old Kemonta Bonds of Mableton, turned himself in to police Tuesday afternoon.

They have been accused in the beating death of Joshua Heath Chellew, 36, of Mableton and all but Bonds were arrested Monday afternoon by Cobb County investigators.

shagster01

gosh, that sounds just impressive as all get out and I'm sure your liberal heart bleeds for those poor poor oppressed, hobbled black kids

just for giggles, howzabout you tell us what "major societal disadvantages" you think these (failing) high school students have been hobbled with?

Four-Pebblebrook-thugs.jpg

That is cherry picking right there.

The truth is that when a boss is interviewing potential employees they will tend to hire people of their own race and gender a majority of the time and throw in a few other races/genders every now and then to not appear like a bigot. And at the start of this society, the white man had first dibs on those leadership roles.

genuineoriginal

The truth is that when a boss is interviewing potential employees they will tend to hire people of their own race and gender a majority of the time and throw in a few other races/genders every now and then to not appear like a bigot. And at the start of this society, the white man had first dibs on those leadership roles.

What is the date of the "start of this society"?

resodko

BANNED
Banned

these thugs were high school students who decided to beat a man unconscious and throw him into a roadway to get hit by a car and killed

shagster01

Maybe they don't go around acting like victims?
I am clearly talking about minorities AND women here, just to clarify. I've said this in my first post and referenced men specifically in the second one.

Are you saying women act like victims?

Is that why they get paid less, on average, to do the same job as a man?