Ann Coulter: There is no campus rape crisis

GFR7

Her remarks go to an extreme; the rape hysteria, the other extreme. Somewhere in the middle lies the truth.

In an appearance on talk radio’s The Lars Larson Show last week, conservative talking head Ann Coulter claimed that women who report rapes, most of the time, are just “girls trying to get attention.”

According to Right Wing Watch, the Godless author said that a botched Rolling Stone story about a campus rape at the University of Virginia just shows that “there is no campus rape problem.”

Coulter dismissed the notion of date or acquaintance rape out of hand, insisting that unless a victim gets “hit on the head with a brick,” it isn’t a legitimate rape.

“People know what a rape is,” Coulter insisted, “and to have girls trying to get attention — from Lena Dunham to this poor psychotic at UVA, Lady Gaga claiming she was raped but she didn’t admit it to herself for five years. What major crime do people say, ‘I didn’t admit it to myself?’”

In a second part of the interview, the 53-year-old pundit said that liberals are vastly overplaying instances of campus rape, which, in her experience is generally perpetrated by liberal men like the “Clintons and Kennedys,” anyway. Listen to Coulter’s remarks, embedded below via Right Wing Watch:

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/12/...raped-are-just-girls-trying-to-get-attention/

resodko

BANNED
Banned
Coulter dismissed the notion of date or acquaintance rape out of hand, insisting that unless a victim gets “hit on the head with a brick,” it isn’t a legitimate rape.

given the known incidence of roofie-assisted non-consensual sex, that's kinda stoopid of ann

resodko

BANNED
Banned
roofies aka rhohypnol aka date rape drug - slip it in her drink while she's not looking and she'll folllow you anywhere you take her and let you do whatever you want to her

GFR7

roofies aka rhohypnol aka date rape drug - slip it in her drink while she's not looking and she'll folllow you anywhere you take her and let you do whatever you want to her
Yes, although why would this be necessary in our times in which females are often sexually adventurous and independent? To me, it would take a natural criminally-inclined person to use drugging.

resodko

BANNED
Banned
Yes, although why would this be necessary in our times in which females are often sexually adventurous and independent? To me, it would take a natural criminally-inclined person to use drugging.

or an ugly guy with b/o :idunno:

Granite

Hall of Fame

Ah, the old "women are sluts so you don't need to rape them" defense.:yawn:

GFR7

Not what I said.
So why should I comment.
I said, anyone who would use drugging as a way to have sex is naturally inclined to criminal behavior.

GFR7

I wonder if new campus rules will also apply to gay culture: Does a gay man need to get consent, and is a drunken gay man unable to give consent?

Caledvwlch

I wonder if new campus rules will also apply to gay culture: Does a gay man need to get consent, and is a drunken gay man unable to give consent?

Why don't you just sit back and think about this one for a second. I think the answer should be fairly obvious.

GFR7

Why don't you just sit back and think about this one for a second. I think the answer should be fairly obvious.
No. It's not obvious to me at all. Tell me. Can an intoxicated gay man give consent to a man, if an intoxicated woman cannot?

resodko

BANNED
Banned
if an intoxicated person (of any orientation) is deemed unable to give consent, why is an intoxicated rapist held responsible for their actions?

GFR7

if an intoxicated person (of any orientation) is deemed unable to give consent, why is an intoxicated rapist held responsible for their actions?
Exactly. A woman saying "yes" while intoxicated is not responsible for that "yes", according to new campus rules and laws. So why is an intoxicated man responsible for his aggressiveness? Something askew here.

Caledvwlch

Exactly. A woman saying "yes" while intoxicated is not responsible for that "yes", according to new campus rules and laws. So why is an intoxicated man responsible for his aggressiveness? Something askew here.

And by extension, why is an intoxicated driver responsible for his actions?