A Man Named, Kelly Thomas Was Suffocated To Death, by Police In California in 2012

99lamb

Tinark;
His father was a retired police officer living in the community
Yes, I saw his father speaking to the incident.

Kelly Thomas was schizophrenic and refused treatment and was essentially a transient by choice.
Do you think this had any role in Kelly's interaction with the police?Do you think he was fully in control of his rational thinking process?
As is noted his father was a former law enforcement officer, so Kelly must have known some aspects of police procedure.

The thing is, they continued beating him and claiming he was resisting after he was passed out and unconscious.
I watched the video he was resisting, which is why other officers were needed, it is indeed possible that a small man can resist several police officers.
There seems to be a ploy be some that you call out 'I'm not resisting' while in fact you continue to resist.

Perhaps one way to improve the technique would be to stop the severe beating when the person passes out?
Sure there is no argument to that point, but most of the damage came about because Kelly was resisting. Again it speaks to his mental state, maybe he did not want to be arrested and possibly institutionalized.
As I have said in a prior post when officer Ramos showed Kelly his fist and said he was going to .....him up, that's is when a line was crossed and intent to harm was introduced, those two officers should have received a much harsher sentence, no arguments.

Arthur Brain

I'm Non-Political.

You think Cops should be able to Kill a Sleeping Man, who was Woken To be Beaten, and then He Screamed to his Father for help.

You are lost enough to think that a Single Unarmed Men, can Resist Arrest by Three Plus Police Officers with Guns, Tasers, and Clubs.

Did you even Watch the Video in the OP?

Or, are you too blind to even view it, because you want to just believe whatever your Biased Preconceived Thought Process has Determined?

=M=

You should be ashamed of yourself.

Now's my turn to ask you a Question; Are you A Cop, or Do you have Family who are Cops/Police/Masons?

Allow me to weigh in here. aCW likes to fantasise about being a cop. If by some bizarre quirk he actually was part of Seattle's police department then the vetting procedures must have been so lax that Genghis Khan could have got a job on the force...

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
When you say "he will soon", does that mean that you're going to take justice into your own hands?

Are you affirming that the only way to get justice in such a situation is by taking it into your own hands?....Just wondering; you seem to jump to that conclusion rather quickly. :plain:

Mark SeaSigh

BANNED
Banned
Allow me to weigh in here. aCW likes to fantasise about being a cop. If by some bizarre quirk he actually was part of Seattle's police department then the vetting procedures must have been so lax that Genghis Khan could have got a job on the force...

I have another Friend that was Killed by Cops, as Well.

His name is Jesus.

=M=

Mark SeaSigh

BANNED
Banned
99 Lambs? said:
I watched the video he was resisting, which is why other officers were needed, it is indeed possible that a small man can resist several police officers.
There seems to be a ploy be some that you call out 'I'm not resisting' while in fact you continue to resist.

If you think that a Small Unarmed Man, can Resist Arrest by Three Cops Crushing his Throat, till he Could not Breath; You are a Fool.

=M=

99Lamb said:
As I have said in a prior post when officer Ramos showed Kelly his fist and said he was going to .....him up, that's is when a line was crossed and intent to harm was introduced, those two officers should have received a much harsher sentence, no arguments.

Wouldn't you run away from a Man with a Gun, that said he was going to do that to you?
If you are Unarmed, or Try to stop him from doing it to you.

Ramos is Fully A Murderer, and the Others are his Accomplices.
They all Deserve to sit in a Full Security Prison, with actual inmates, for the Rest of their Natural Lives.

Every Mason is Guilty by association, from here on out.

Christian Liberty

It didn't get "News Coverage" when it Occurred; when being compared to Other Cases that have been used as a Mechanism to control the Public Reaction. Such as what was seen Recently.

Manc you are Full of Non-Sense, and besides;

Kelly;

I won't forget you.

Kelly-Thomas-Fence.jpg

=M=

If there were Police in My Church, or Masons for that Matter; I would Purge you Out, and cast you into the Streets.

I have chosen to speak out about Kelly, because this Angers me to the Highest Degree!
I swear there will be an Equalization of the Iniquity you have Woven; For those like Ramos, Wolfe, and Cincinelli.

Even those who have your name will be Ashamed.

If those Men who Murdered a Sleeping Man still live, Justice has not been served; I don't care what you all believe.

I know I don't like Cops that kill Innocent People.
Just Think, of the number of People Murdered By the Police, whose Murders they did not catch the Police Committing on camera, who are not Serving a Sentence!!!

No, I don't trust Cops or Masons (Especially Masons); and, I don't think they belong in anyone's church, they strong arm money from the Poor, and take the Lives of the Weak, but where is their Justice in this Life? Certainly their honor has fled from before them Now, when you see that they are thieves and Murderers, and the ones who Break Up the Households and Families.

I agree with you. Even those cops that haven't killed the innocent are guilty of legalized theft and kidnapping, and many have covered up for crimes of other cops. The "thin blue line" so to speak. While I support a number of the proposed reforms as intermediary measures, I don't think it will work. The only thing I believe will work would be the abolishment of government police. That's not to say that would make the world perfect, but that the system of government police is naturally and inherently evil.

The question is, how do we get from today's culture, which by and large reveres police (you and I don't, but we are in the minority) to a culture where unrepentant police officers would be turned away from church membership just like an unrepentant homo or prostitute would be (I assume that when you said "removing them from the church" you meant denial of membership, since usually even those who are in unrepentant sin, and even unbelievers, are able to visit church.) My church is better than most in this regard, yet somehow one of the most godly men in our church is a cop. The fact that an otherwise godly man is able to be is a tricky situation to deal with, but I'm not sure just immediately throwing him out would fix the situation even if somehow miraculously the congregation agreed to it. More likely the person who suggested something like this would be looked at funny if not thrown out himself. Most people don't understand what you and I understand. And that's the problem.

The problem is that an entire church body, and not isolated individuals, are supposed to excommunicate sinners. Yet the vast majority of people in the church do not see government violence as inherently evil the way they rightly see homosexuality, adultery, and prostitution as inherently evil.

I may not be able to tolerate this situation forever. But I do have theological problems with just walking out to. And in the meantime, I confess to being unaware of how to deal with it. I agree that the system is evil and that those who participate in it are at least unwittingly evil. Its mostly the unwitting ones I'm concerned for. I don't think there's any room for doubt that the ones who know better should be shunned. If I were ever to decide to become a cop for any reason, I would deserve no sympathy, even if I were killed, because I know better.

You are Lost.

A Cop Killed My Cousin, she was his Wife; that Man has transferred to another state Since, and has yet to see Justice.
He will, soon.

So, Yes; I do take this Issue Personally.

=M=

When you say "he will soon", does that mean that you're going to take justice into your own hands?

I assume he means God will judge him. If he meant what you think he meant though, I'd advise him not to on pragmatic grounds. Until Biblically minded Christian libertarians are numerous enough in the courts to jury nullify in these cases, vigilantism cannot work.
I have another Friend that was Killed by Cops, as Well.

His name is Jesus.

=M=

Amen. This is probably the best conceivable argument against the "law and order" crowd. I imagine the average person in the religious right would just say the soldiers were doing their jobs?;)