If Mr. Trump was a Democrat

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Donald Trump’s KKK connections go back to dad Fred’s arrest at Klan riot in 1927
https://www.nydailynews.com/news/po...ection-dad-klan-riot-arrest-article-1.2546656

To be fair, it's not clear from the arrest report whether he was there to support the Klan or if he was a 1920s version of Antifa.

Tax officials in New York are "reviewing" allegations in a lengthy New York Times report Tuesday that claimed President Trump received at least $413 million in today’s money from his father’s New York real estate business, with much of the money coming through questionable tax schemes in the 1990s.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tr...-says-ny-tax-department-reviewing-allegations

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
A thought experiment. What if Trump was a Democrat?

There would have been no Russia probe, no impeachment, no FBI investigation. But, yeah, Republicans would probably have complained about him. :plain:

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
About four years ago, I think, he got the distance from Australia to New Zealand approximately correct.

Telling. Blablaman thinks that being thoughtful and being correct are equivalent.

He is capable of neither:

...there is more mass to the near side than there is to the far side.

Why do you think this is true?

And, as you've seen, he'll just invent some new story to cover anything that you throw at him.

*provides the answer*

You surprised me on this one, Stripe. I am forced to forfeit one point to you on this, since I did not know about the off-center mass spoken of in the article.
https://theologyonline.com/forum/pol...ts?view=thread

Barbarian has zero credibility, no ability to present a rational case, and no capacity for humility and admitting he was wrong.

Arthur Brain

Telling. Blablaman thinks that being thoughtful and being correct are equivalent.

He is capable of neither:

https://theologyonline.com/forum/pol...ts?view=thread

Barbarian has zero credibility, no ability to present a rational case, and no capacity for humility and admitting he was wrong.

Oh wow, this just gets even funnier. You, talking about humility?! What a joke. Remember that time you were banned on here and the despicable nature for what it was for Stripe?

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Seriously? They can go another World Cup cycle? :noway:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Seriously? They can go another World Cup cycle? :noway:

seems unlikely they'd have the energy after the last four - like an angry child throwing a temper tantrum, one hopes they eventually cry themselves to sleep and give the adults some peace and quiet

Lon

A thought experiment. What if Trump was a Democrat? Would today's Trump supporters a) excuse his eccentric behavior and leadership failures, just as they do today, or b) would they be screaming for him to go as an inappropriate and failing president?

I doubt any will admit it, but I expect b) is the answer.

You mean like Bill Clinton who was involved in scandal after scandal and probably guilty by direct or indirect involvement in the hush-murders of fellow white-water members? Of course there were calls to have him removed from office, but it isn't fair to see one poor president and forget another, is it? My hope is not in politics or politicians. I genuinely did like Jimmy Carter, Ronald Reagan, and George H. Bush (and Gerald Ford), however.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
You mean like Bill Clinton who was involved in scandal after scandal

Well, one real one, at least. You keep score on these things by the number of presidential appointees indicted, convicted or pardoned for crimes committed in office. Here's the score:

Obama:
None. David Petraeus was indicted for an improper release of classified material, but he was a Bush holdover.

George W. Bush:
Scott Bloch, perjury.
Scooter Libby, perjury, obstruction of justice
J. Stephen Grimes, obstruction of justice
John Korsmo, lying to Congress
David Safavian, blocking justice and lying to federal investigators
Roger Stillwell sentenced for coverup in Abrahamoff scandal
J. Stephen Griles, Obstruction of Justice
Jared Carpenter, tax evasion related to Abrahamoff scandal.
Mark Zachares conspiracy to defraud, Abrahamoff scandal
Robert Coughlin conflict of interest after accepting bribes
Kyle Foggo, honest services fraud
Lester Crawford, convicted of conflict of interest.
Bernard Kerick, nominated for secretary of homeland security. Convicted of lying to federal government agents

Clinton:
Bill Clinton, not actually convicted of anything, but had to surrender his law license for his statements about an affair with an aide.
Ronald Blackley, perjury
Doreen Druyun, inflating contracts for future employer

I left out a few indictments for several presidents, because the crime had nothing to do with anything in government, such as domestic violence, or personal income tax fraud not associated with anything in the perp's official duties. You probably don't want to see all the Trump crooks so far caught, but if you like, I can list them, again.

and probably guilty by direct or indirect involvement in the hush-murders of fellow white-water members?

As you know, republican special investigators found that Clinton was a victim in the Whitewater scandal, not a perpetrator. He lost money in the scam. As you should know, several of the "whitewater deaths" were associated with a drug-running scheme involving the Contras and Reagan officials. Would you like to see that?

Which other "whitewater deaths" do you have evidence showing Clinton involvement?

Of course there were calls to have him removed from office,

Lying about sex is a pretty bad thing, but as you probably remember, most Americans didn't see it as a disqualifier for president.