Countdown To President Trump Re-election

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Next on my reading list:

71Mx4qzWIUL._AC_UY436_QL65_.jpg

Unholy: Why White Evangelicals Worship at the Altar of Donald Trump

Jerry Shugart

annabenedetti, perhaps the following will answer the question:

"Since his election to the executive office, President Trump and his administration have taken consistent action to promote the pro-life movement and protect the sanctity of life. In 2020 President Trump became the first sitting President to address the annual March for Life in person and was also the first sitting President to address the March for Life live through satellite in 2018. These actions alone have earned him the label of “Making History in Condemning Abortion” from abortion providers and advocates of such as Planned Parenthood. Further, he “made history” by being the first President in United States history to “single out” Planned Parenthood for defunding on the first page of his 2018 budget. President Trump has asked Congress to pass legislation to end late term abortions, reinstated and expanded policies prohibiting international aid from funding oversees abortions, and has issued a ruling reforming Title X family planning funds preventing them from funding entities that provide abortions. Since being elected and sworn in as President of the United States, President Trump’s administration has consistently supported policies that promote and protect life over abortion in the United States as well as internationally."

https://eclj.org/abortion/un/donald-...ents-2016-2020

annabenedetti, why do you support the party who does everything in their power to promote abortions on demand as well as free, tax funded abortions, in their assault on the unborn? Do you not think that the unborn has a right to life?

Are you a Christian?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
annabenedetti, perhaps the following will answer the question:

The book arrives tomorrow, should be interesting to see if I learn anything I don't already know.

annabenedetti, why do you support the party who does everything in their power to promote abortions on demand as well as free, tax funded abortions, in their assault on the unborn? Do you not think that the unborn has a right to life?

Are you a Christian?

Yes, I think the unborn have a right to life. Yes, I'm a Christian (Catholic). I'll be voting for Biden/Harris because Trump. Because corrupt GOP.

Jerry Shugart

Yes, I think the unborn have a right to life. Yes, I'm a Christian (Catholic). I'll be voting for Biden/Harris because Trump. Because corrupt GOP.

You call yourself a Christian but you support the party which does everything in their power to kill the unborn. And your excuse is because the GOP is corrupt but at the same time you close your eyes to the corrupt, lawless practices of the Democrat party. Have you ever heard about FISA and the Democrat party's illegal spying on the Trump campaign? And their illegal efforts to attempt to overthrow a President who was legally elected by the people of the USA. What has the GOP done which even comes close to these corrupt practices of the Democrats?

All you prove is that the murder of the unborn means little to you!

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
You call yourself a Christian but you support the party which does everything in their power to kill the unborn.

Oh, it does not. Hyperbole doesn't help you here.

And your excuse is because the GOP is corrupt but at the same time you close your eyes to the corrupt, lawless practices of the Democrat party. Have you ever heard about FISA and the Democrat party's illegal spying on the Trump campaign? And their illegal efforts to attempt to overthrow a President who was legally elected by the people of the USA. What has the GOP done which even comes close to these corrupt practices of the Democrats?

Sorry, I'm about done with trying to get anything across to any of you. You don't listen, you don't hear, and you don't care. Go on back to your Trump worship.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Jennifer Rubin:

My Twitter blurb used to describe me as a “conservative opinion writer.” Now it reads: “NeverTrump, pro-democracy opinion writer.” Why the change?

Let’s be honest: There is no conservative movement or party today. There is a Republican Party thoroughly infused with racism and intellectually corrupted by right-wing nationalism. But there is no party that believes in less or small government (though expect the GOP to hypocritically resume singing that tune as soon as a Democrat steps into the Oval Office).

If you say you are a staunch defender of the rule of law, that you are devoted to ending systematic racism, that you are an advocate of legal immigration, that you believe in objective reality (including climate change science) and that you think illiberal regimes such as Russia are our greatest foreign threat, the party of Trump will lash out at you. They will accuse you of Trump derangement syndrome and dub you a “fake” conservative. Well, they have a point. Because conservatives no longer seem to champion any of those positions (or free trade or American international leadership or NATO), it is hard to say I fit in any longer.

Welcome to the ever-growing contingent of former conservatives, Jennifer Rubin. :)

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Bombshell: Pence's former top homeland security aide endorses Biden

Another lifelong Republican and former top Trump administration official has endorsed former Vice President Joe Biden.

“Olivia Troye, the former top homeland security aide to Vice President Mike Pence, endorsed former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. on Thursday and accused President Trump of weak leadership and of dramatically mismanaging the response to the coronavirus crisis,” The New York Times reported Thursday. “In an ad released online, Ms. Troye recounts hearing the president — who has spoken about his phobia of germs — say in a meeting that he was glad that the virus had arrived in the United States, because it meant he would no longer have to shake hands with people he said he considered ‘disgusting.'”

“Josh Venable, who served as the chief of staff for Betsy DeVos, the secretary of education, will also join the group, known as REPAIR (Republican Political Alliance for Integrity and Reform), according to a statement. John Mitnick, the former top lawyer at Mr. Trump’s Department of Homeland Security, is an adviser to the group,” the newspaper reported. “Ms. Troye, a lifelong Republican who also worked in the George W. Bush administration, said in the statement that she will serve as a co-founder of the group, with the goal of restoring integrity to the Republican Party.”

While I don't think it's possible to "restore integrity to the Republican party, I commend their efforts.

Jerry Shugart

Sorry, I'm about done with trying to get anything across to any of you. You don't listen, you don't hear, and you don't care. Go on back to your Trump worship.

Trump worship is better than cheering on the party which promotes free abortion on demand.

You should be ashamed of yourself for supporting Joe Biden since he was denied communion at a Catholic church in South Carolina over his support for abortion rights.

Jerry Shugart

While I don't think it's possible to "restore integrity to the Republican party, I commend their efforts.

You prefer the Democrats and their illegal spying on the Trump campaign and their illegal methods in trying to overturn the Presidency of Trump, who was was fairly elected.

Can you spell F-I-S-A?

Or are you so dumb that you don't even know what it is and how the Dems lied to that court in order to illegally spy on the Trump campaign?

That makes Watergate look like a tea party but you are willfully ignorant about the biggest scandal in the history of the USA!