Countdown To President Trump Re-election

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Republicans Are Suddenly Trying To Distance Themselves From Donald Trump

After years of dodging questions and pretending not to read his tweets, some GOP senators are speaking out against Trump as Election Day draws near.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/donald-trump-joe-biden-republicans_n_5f8da0c1c5b62dbe71c5117d

Fox News recent Poll has Biden ahead by 8 points.
Biden is ahead by a 52-44 percent margin. It was 53-43 percent three weeks ago. His lead is outside the poll’s margin of sampling error. Two percent back a third-party candidate and 2 percent are undecided.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/poll-biden-trump-lead-narrows-slightly

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
IMG-8959.png

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
2020 Election, Presidency
P.B. in Lille, France, writes: As a French citizen, I have always loved America. I couldn't tell you exactly why...Due to our common history as allies? For the incredible diversity of your country? For your culture and your movies? Maybe because of your unbelievable barbecues? Perhaps for all these reasons?

I traveled a lot in your beautiful country (Florida and California mostly), and I enjoyed every bit of the experience. Since 2016, and for the first time in my life, I have looked at your country with fear and disbelief. I am so sad to see a country that I truly love becoming such a mess under the rule of a fool. Please American friends, please, I beg you: Make America great again, and free the world from that crazy lunatic. I intend to watch the election results on Tuesday (well, mostly Wednesday due to my timeline). I will have a bottle of wine by my side. But will it be to celebrate or to forget? It's up to you, please do not disappoint me.​

Hilltrot

I agree with this decision. Harris county announced they were going to do drive-through voting months ago. The Harris county Republicans waited until voting started to file their lawsuit. Too late.

You should know that Texas Supreme Court Justices are elected and every one of them is Republican. So, this does not have broad Republican support.

Hilltrot

2020 Election, Presidency
P.B. in Lille, France, writes: As a French citizen, I have always loved America. I couldn't tell you exactly why...Due to our common history as allies? For the incredible diversity of your country? For your culture and your movies? Maybe because of your unbelievable barbecues? Perhaps for all these reasons?

I traveled a lot in your beautiful country (Florida and California mostly), and I enjoyed every bit of the experience. Since 2016, and for the first time in my life, I have looked at your country with fear and disbelief. I am so sad to see a country that I truly love becoming such a mess under the rule of a fool. Please American friends, please, I beg you: Make America great again, and free the world from that crazy lunatic. I intend to watch the election results on Tuesday (well, mostly Wednesday due to my timeline). I will have a bottle of wine by my side. But will it be to celebrate or to forget? It's up to you, please do not disappoint me.​

What are you so upset with? That the U.S. hasn't invaded another country for once?

Is there an aspirin factory in France you would like the U.S. to bomb?

I'm curious, what are you upset with?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I'm asking you personally.

You're asking me to answer for the French person? I can't answer for the French person, I'm not the French person.

I posted that as reminder of what the view looks like to a lot of people who are outside the U.S. looking in. One of my relatives lives outside the country and he tells me what other people think about the U.S. and it's often not complimentary. So many of us (and I include myself in that failing) tend to think of the U.S. as being the center of the universe. We're not.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Sooooo . . .

Some guy got his panties in a twist because someone dared to ask him how the the polling was being run . . .

And . . . ?

That "some guy" was the Republican County Commissioner who was alarmed at a request he saw as intrusive and disruptive and highly irregular. Open your mind and see that the GOP is trying to disrupt the vote. If their own party guy is worried, doesn't that raise even a tiny red flag for you?

Hilltrot

That "some guy" was the Republican County Commissioner who was alarmed at a request he saw as intrusive and disruptive and highly irregular. Open your mind and see that the GOP is trying to disrupt the vote. If their own party guy is worried, doesn't that raise even a tiny red flag for you?

Did the election get stopped? Then it wasn't disruptive. Is asking questions illegal in France? Not in the U.S.

There are bunch of Republican pansies including Mitt Romney. I don't care what this minor volunteer with a power-trip says. Neither do sane Americans.

Hilltrot

You're asking me to answer for the French person? I can't answer for the French person, I'm not the French person.

I posted that as reminder of what the view looks like to a lot of people who are outside the U.S. looking in. One of my relatives lives outside the country and he tells me what other people think about the U.S. and it's often not complimentary. So many of us (and I include myself in that failing) tend to think of the U.S. as being the center of the universe. We're not.

Oh, you didn't make that clear.

So, you posted some random thing from some French person. That's helpful.

Are you going to post letters from random Chinese next? Why are you being so silly? Why can't you stick to the issues?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Did the election get stopped? Then it wasn't disruptive. Is asking questions illegal in France? Not in the U.S.

There are bunch of Republican pansies including Mitt Romney. I don't care what this minor volunteer with a power-trip says. Neither do sane Americans.

That's the problem. Apparently you don't care about doing things right, or lawfully, you care about doing things that make sure you win - whether they're right or wrong.