Personal Freedom vs. Public Welfare

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
Getting away from masks

Oh no you're not, you little Nazi leftard, end-justifies-means weasel.

Limits your freedom from what?
<NO ANSWER>
Limits your freedom to do what?
<NO ANSWER>
Not completely free from what?
<NO ANSWER>
Not completely free to do what?
<NO ANSWER>
The government takes away your freedom from what?
<NO ANSWER>
The government takes away your freedom to do what?
<NO ANSWER>
The government takes away your freedom from what?
<NO ANSWER>
The government takes away your freedom to do what?
<NO ANSWER>
You remain free within limits from what?
<NO ANSWER>
You remain free within limits to do what?
<NO ANSWER>

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
When you apologize for the name-calling, I might consider answering your "arguments". Until then- you aren't worth the time.

Listen, you self-righteous, Nazi leftard hypocrite:

You're lying about me by falsely accusing me of name-calling. I owe you no apology for my truth-telling, which truth-telling you misrepresent by the term "name-calling". As you and I both know well, you have no answers to the questions I've asked you.

chair

Listen, you self-righteous, Nazi leftard hypocrite:

You're lying about me by falsely accusing me of name-calling. I owe you no apology for my truth-telling, which truth-telling you misrepresent by the term "name-calling". As you and I both know well, you have no answers to the questions I've asked you.

I choose to not engage in discussion with somebody who calls me a "Nazi leftard", and who confuses a nasty bald-faced lie with "truth telling".

way 2 go

Here's why: "Experts say that Japan’s focus on the economy may have been its undoing...While Japan declared a state of emergency to contain the first wave of the virus, it didn’t compel people to stay home or businesses to shut. That was ended in late May and officials quickly pivoted to a full reopening in an attempt to get the country’s recessionary economy back on track. By June, restaurants and bars were fully open while events like baseball and sumo-wrestling were back on -- a stark contrast to other places in the region like Singapore which were re-opening only in cautious phases." - Japan Acted Like the Virus Had Gone. Now It’s Spread Everywhere.

you forgot masks don't work ..

and Sweden is doing better than some lockdown states

way 2 go

Penetration of cloth masks by particles was almost 97% and medical masks 44%.

Conclusions

This study is the first RCT of cloth masks, and the results caution against the use of cloth masks. This is an important finding to inform occupational health and safety. Moisture retention, reuse of cloth masks and poor filtration may result in increased risk of infection. Further research is needed to inform the widespread use of cloth masks globally. However, as a precautionary measure, cloth masks should not be recommended for HCWs, particularly in high-risk situations, and guidelines need to be updated.

way 2 go

First you say masks don't work, and then you say they do help somewhat. Which is it?

cloth masks are 3% effective.

would you by a bathroom cleaner that only cleaned 3% of the surface you were trying to clean ?

Penetration of cloth masks by particles was almost 97% and medical masks 44%

chair

Conclusions

This study is the first RCT of cloth masks, and the results caution against the use of cloth masks. This is an important finding to inform occupational health and safety. Moisture retention, reuse of cloth masks and poor filtration may result in increased risk of infection. Further research is needed to inform the widespread use of cloth masks globally. However, as a precautionary measure, cloth masks should not be recommended for HCWs, particularly in high-risk situations, and guidelines need to be updated.

This was a study of how well mask protect medical employees. The results explain why medical staff needs to wear N95 masks.
The study is not about how effective masks are in preventing the spread of disease- i.e. when the sick person is wearing a mask.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
This was a study of how well mask protect medical employees. The results explain why medical staff needs to wear N95 masks.
The study is not about how effective masks are in preventing the spread of disease- i.e. when the sick person is wearing a mask.

:darwinsm:

Baaaaa!

chair

Getting away from masks-
Is it OK for the government to limit my freedom of movement by forcing me to stop at a red light?
Is it OK for the government to limit my freedom in many ways by drafting me into the army?
Is it OK for the government to limit my freedom of speech by not letting me lie in court?

If you think any of these are OK- please explain why.

Bump. Let's leave masks aside for a couple of days, and deal with the basic question of what the government should or should not be allowed to control.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
Bump. Let's leave masks aside for a couple of days, and deal with the basic question of what the government should or should not be allowed to control.
Our universal rights are prior to all politics and government. Government's first job is to secure our rights. Where government fails to defend our rights, and worse yet when government infringes our rights, government fails in its first duty.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame

Conclusions

A 2015 study that doesn't recommend cloth masks for medical personnel and compares professional gear to non-professional gear is your go to?

Now if you want recent science looking at masks in relation to risk they're not hard to find. By way of example:

A study out of Texas A&M, from June of this year, as noted in Science Daily found: "Our results clearly show that airborne transmission via respiratory aerosols represents the dominant route for the spread of COVID-19," Zhang said. "By analyzing the pandemic trends without face-covering using the statistical method and by projecting the trend, we calculated that over 66,000 infections were prevented by using a face mask in little over a month in New York City. We conclude that wearing a face mask in public corresponds to the most effective means to prevent inter-human transmission.

This inexpensive practice, in conjunction with social distancing and other procedures, is the most likely opportunity to stop the COVID-19 pandemic."

It's not the solution, but a part of an effective combination of things we can do to impact the spread of the disease.

A study from the nonprofit research institute IZA found that Germany’s local and regional mask mandates “reduced the cumulative number of registered Covid-19 cases between 2.3% and 13% over a period of 10 days after they became compulsory” and “the daily growth rate of reported infections by around 40%.”

A study in BMJ Global Health found the use of masks in households in Beijing was associated with less spread of Covid-19. Specifically, households in which people used masks before the first person to get infected showed symptoms were “79% effective in reducing transmission.”

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
cloth masks are 3% effective.

would you by a bathroom cleaner that only cleaned 3% of the surface you were trying to clean ?

Penetration of cloth masks by particles was almost 97% and medical masks 44%

Are you saying that doctors and nurses should no longer bother to use medical masks in hospitals because they are only 44% effective?

way 2 go

A 2015 study that doesn't recommend cloth masks for medical personnel and compares professional gear to non-professional gear is your go to?

yes 2015 study , non agenda study , they still don't wear cloth masks in hospitals for good reason , they don't work .

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
The strongest evidence in favor of masks come from studies of real-world scenarios. A recent study published in Health Affairs, for example, compared the COVID-19 growth rate before and after mask mandates in 15 states and the District of Columbia. It found that mask mandates led to a slowdown in daily COVID-19 growth rate, which became more apparent over time. The first five days after a mandate, the daily growth rate slowed by 0.9 percentage-points compared to the five days prior to the mandate; at three weeks, the daily growth rate had slowed by 2 percentage-points.

Another study looked at coronavirus deaths across 198 countries and found that those with cultural norms or government policies favoring mask-wearing had lower death rates.

Source: https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2020/06/41...-masks-prevent

The point of masks is not to stop the spread of coronavirus 100%. That is an unrealistic expectation. The point of masks and other protocols is to slow down the spread of coronavirus so that it is kept within manageable levels and healthcare services don't get overwhelmed. If hospitals get overwhelmed, that would cause deaths due solely to lack of access to treatment which would otherwise be available.