Personal Freedom vs. Public Welfare

Arthur Brain

Here's a statement from a brilliant Dr., epidemiologist, and head of multiple parts of England's medical establishment.

But I'm sure you know far more than he does because, you know, the press has educated you so well. You're now a reknowned expert on the coronavirus. You're just so knowledgable you just shine with all your brilliance.

You might wanna get a bit more up to speed with events before you post. The doctor you venerate so much was part of the spearhead behind lockdown in the UK and appeared on adverts on practically every advert break over here advising of the importance of staying home and social distancing.

Arthur Brain

So you too have met Town i r l? I really had no idea. I thought Arthur lived in England and Town in Alabama---who would've thought.

I do, and? I know someone who's a good friend who lives in California and we communicate regularly. What's your point?

Lon

Long before I took an extended leave and AMR passed. Great guy, Patrick. He was a genuinely brilliant fellow, Vietnam vet, and all around good guy. When I first arrived here it was you and AMR who made me feel welcomed.
Hear here :cheers:

Arthur Brain

As much time as I spent talking about Jack and my wife, he doesn't know me. Must have gored his ox at some point. I have no memory of anyone by that username. So he didn't make an impression.

Well, whoever it is has a Trump avatar now so that says something...

Man, that was a while back, wasn't it. Long before I took an extended leave and AMR passed. Great guy, Patrick. He was a genuinely brilliant fellow, Vietnam vet, and all around good guy. When I first arrived here it was you and AMR who made me feel welcomed.

Yeah, I was a lawyer for a number of years...still am, though I'm not in practice. Around three years ago I decided to follow my mother's example (she was a teacher and then a professor) and I took a M. Ed. in Early Childhood. I've been teaching reading for the past couple of years. It's a great deal of fun and I plan to be at it for at least a couple more.

Well, I disagreed vehemently with his belief but there was no doubting his intelligence or genuine persona.

Careful with regards to teaching reading. You'll be teaching "legalese" next...;)

My Jack. He's an amazing kid. Nine now, hard as it is to believe, and in the gifted program at his school.

So he takes after his mother then...

I spent a very long time here taking on challenges to the faith. Another tell with whoever this guy is, exposure wise.

Too much time in the sun maybe.

Yeah, he definitely sounds like a blind guy grabbing an elephants tail. Or he's thinking of someone else.

You might as well shake your shoes at him if that's in his arsenal. I don't entertain that sort anymore. Waste of time, really.

Pretty much.

Yeah. It's why I broke the rep machine a couple of times. I don't have an ideological litmus and I like to find humor in things. That led to a lot of interesting friendships here, many of which carried over into other social platforms and still do.

A lot healthier than trolling.

That's true. I remember posting in one thread and Pastor Kevin neg rep'd me and Knight yelled at me and I thought, "Well, why are people putting up with this?" And then your act of kindness and AMR chuckling at me led me to stick around and see what might be worth seeing. I ran into anna, zoo, MoMo and many like them. And just like that...years passed.

I had plenty of kindness shown to me so hey, share and share alike when you can. :)

We had our share...and then there was Anna, who began our association shaking a finger at me from the right and, by the time she left here, was shaking her finger at me from my left. :L) She's doing well, though I only touch base now and again by email. She left all the SM alone past a point. Probably best for her. A lot on her plate.

Ah, we talk a fair bit. :)

Whatever happened to the racist kid who got a doctorate in philosophy? Can't recall his name either.

Just stopping in for a quick look. The last time I was here you couldn't bring up threads by views so I had the devil's own time finding my old threads...I haven't checked the And The Rest section to see if Town Quixote's is still around. It was a good bit of fun, though Observations G&S was the better one.

Anyway, going to take a look around, see what's what for a bit.

Traditio? He came back for a bit, went a bit nuts again and got banned I think. Same ole stuff.

:cheers:

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
You don't seem to understand how the ignore feature works on here so let me educate you. I have doser on ignore and have done [sic] for over a year. That means that any post he makes or thread he starts are [sic] invisible.

LOL

ok doser doesn't need your posts to be invisible to him, and I don't need your posts to be invisible to me. So, why do you need ok doser's posts to be invisible to you? What would you say you have gained--how have you benefited--from having had ok doser "on ignore...for over a year"?

The only times his posts appear are when he's quoted by others or when a thread he's started has the latest post crop in a section posted by somebody else, that's it. Now, I wouldn't mind if the function was modified even more to where anything anybody says who's on ignore is invisible altogether but currently that's the way it is [sic] and it's fine.

LOL

It's funny that you feel you are somehow compelled to read, and react to things which, if you had your wish regarding the "Ignore" function, you would not have been able to read in the first place. :)

It's my prerogative to use the feature as I see fit.

Apparently you've not got any use out of the feature, seeing as ok doser has obviously been all along able, somehow, to get your goat, despite your use of it. Maybe simply typing his name in the "Ignore List" box and pressing "Enter" is somehow therapeutic for you.

I can continually keep someone on it or I can take them off it as and when [sic].

Ah, and perhaps you often take ok doser off your "Ignore List", just so that you can get whatever satisfaction you feel you can get out of--just as often--putting him right back onto it. Well, if you feel that helps you, what can I say?

I can also choose to react to the poster who's quoted the guy if I see fit as well and after the unsurprising projection I decided to address such to Lon.

And why did you choose to react this way? What was your expectation regarding what should have resulted from your so choosing? Were you disappointed in your expectation? Or, did you get out of your chosen reaction what you expected to get out of it?

Probably quite needless [sic] to be fair [sic] as Lon is an intelligent, rational man who doesn't fall sway to that kind of garbage and we can profoundly disagree [sic] and do [sic] on matters.

But, you thought, just in case it wasn't, after all, altogether needless, eh? So, what need were you intending to satisfy by reacting in the way that you chose to react?

In the aftermath, does it appear to you that Lon fell sway to your chosen reaction (i.e., "that kind of garbage") to his post?

Otherwise, I can't even remember the last time I even acknowledged doser in a post.

LOL

Um....it was just now, in post #124.

As you may have surmised, you're not on my ignore list, at least currently.

Oh, thanks for the important update.

I simply scroll past your posts for the most part at present because they're just tiresome shtick.

LOL

So what, to your mind, has exempted my post, #121, from being "just tiresome shtick"? What about what I wrote, therein, was not tiresome to you?

Anyone who uses the term "Nazi leftard" outside of the context of irony has disqualified themselves from rational conversation/adult debate and relegated themselves to the children's table or just the mantle of idiot. Your tendency to post "LOL" on every given post is something that any self respecting [sic] adult just wouldn't...do.

LOL

What's wrong with calling Nazi leftards "Nazi leftards"? That's all I'm doing: I'm only calling Nazi leftards "Nazi leftards". That's why I call you a "Nazi leftard": because you're a Nazi leftard.

Where it comes to "fragility/ravings"? [sic]

Were you supposed to be asking a question, here?

I've been on this board for years kid

Oh, neat! How many years, Cartaphilus?

and you don't bring anything new to the table that ain't been seen so many times before.

Like what?

Like calling somebody "kid" by whom one has repeatedly been chagrined?

[Arthur Brain] Jul 21, 2019 @ 5:14am

How exactly is calling someone a ''kid'' an insult?

I got banned from the left4dead 2 forum for calling someone a ''kid'' cuz he did behave like one. I would like to know when ''kid'' became an insult?

Arthur Brain, I'm sorry if you got banned from the left4dead 2 forum "cuz" you called someone "kid". Perhaps, to try to make up for the blow thereby dealt you, you could start your own left4dead 2 thread on TOL.:DK::luigi::yoshi::mario::peach::toad::bowser:

7djengo7

Only if you're not all that bright. But there's time for you to mature yet hopefully. Let me ask you this. Do you think it's a sign of intelligence or emotional maturity to continually stalk other posters to the point of getting routinely banned for it? Your "buddy" did this to one of the most respected members this forum has had from people from left to right including the then forum owner here. Why? Because he was highly intelligent, reasoned in debate, preferred the defusing nature of argument rather than the acrimonious in the heat of exchange including the self deprecating but wasn't above the pointed barb when merited. He also enjoyed the more life affirming conversations here and would treat people with respect and promoted the positive attributes of humanity. He didn't go around calling people "tards" or obsess over them to the point of distraction by way of.

The latter is the mark of those lacking the intelligence to properly reason, behave like an adult if of such an age and ironically, a sign of stunted or damaged emotional growth.

LOL @ Arthur Brain, master punster: always calling somebody who gets his goat, "kid".

Arthur Brain

LOL

ok doser doesn't need your posts to be invisible to him, and I don't need your posts to be invisible to me. So, why do you need ok doser's posts to be invisible to you? What would you say you have gained--how have you benefited--from having had ok doser "on ignore...for over a year"?

LOL

It's funny that you feel you are somehow compelled to read, and react to things which, if you had your wish regarding the "Ignore" function, you would not have been able to read in the first place. :)

Apparently you've not got any use out of the feature, seeing as ok doser has obviously been all along able, somehow, to get your goat, despite your use of it. Maybe simply typing his name in the "Ignore List" box and pressing "Enter" is somehow therapeutic for you.

Ah, and perhaps you often take ok doser off your "Ignore List", just so that you can get whatever satisfaction you feel you can get out of--just as often--putting him right back onto it. Well, if you feel that helps you, what can I say?

And why did you choose to react this way? What was your expectation regarding what should have resulted from your so choosing? Were you disappointed in your expectation? Or, did you get out of your chosen reaction what you expected to get out of it?

But, you thought, just in case it wasn't, after all, altogether needless, eh? So, what need were you intending to satisfy by reacting in the way that you chose to react?

In the aftermath, does it appear to you that Lon fell sway to your chosen reaction (i.e., "that kind of garbage") to his post?

LOL

Um....it was just now, in post #124.

Oh, thanks for the important update.

LOL

So what, to your mind, has exempted my post, #121, from being "just tiresome shtick"? What about what I wrote, therein, was not tiresome to you?

LOL

What's wrong with calling Nazi leftards "Nazi leftards"? That's all I'm doing: I'm only calling Nazi leftards "Nazi leftards". That's why I call you a "Nazi leftard": because you're a Nazi leftard.

Were you supposed to be asking a question, here?

Oh, neat! How many years, Cartaphilus?

Like what?

Like calling somebody "kid" by whom one has repeatedly been chagrined?

[Arthur Brain] Jul 21, 2019 @ 5:14am

How exactly is calling someone a ''kid'' an insult?

I got banned from the left4dead 2 forum for calling someone a ''kid'' cuz he did behave like one. I would like to know when ''kid'' became an insult?

Arthur Brain, I'm sorry if you got banned from the left4dead 2 forum "cuz" you called someone "kid". Perhaps, to try to make up for the blow thereby dealt you, you could start your own left4dead 2 thread on TOL.:DK::luigi::yoshi::mario::peach::toad::bowser:

Yeah, um, "LOL".

Oh, and "LOL".

PS: ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

PPS: Wow, that was boring. Oh, well...

Arthur Brain

LOL @ Arthur Brain, master punster: always calling somebody who gets his goat, "kid".

LOL.

PS: LOL

PPS: Try solving a cryptic crossword while simultaneously moaning about masks. There's a task for ya! (Also a productive and worthwhile use of your time)

PPPS: Well, maybe a colouring book instead then...

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
You don't even know the identity of the people you've railed against and ranted on about.
Identity? lol. This is an anonymous internet discussion board. Our stock in trade are words, ideas; not identity. Identity does not bear upon the truth or falsity of any proposition.
Your current Trump avatar suits you to a tee...
Smiling and happy, yes.

7djengo7

So, who was harmed by my refusal to wear a mask in April, May, June, July?

I have no idea- and neither do you.

LOL

So, you "know" that he harmed someone by not wearing a mask, but you cannot say whom it was you "know" that he harmed. Produce the corpse, or shut up, you Nazi leftard. Of course you don't know that anyone has harmed anyone by not wearing a mask.

So- how about answering my question: "If the day comes when you do infect somebody because you didn't wear a mask, and that person gets sick or even dies, will you insist that it was OK not to wear a mask until then? This sounds far-off to you, as it has to many others, until it happened.""

You'll, of course, suddenly "have an idea" whom he has supposedly "harmed by not wearing a mask", when your Nazi leftard programmers, whom you let do your thinking for you, hand it down to you that he has "harmed" so-and-so "by not wearing a mask", right? That's right, you Nazi leftard lapdog: you'll take their lying, baseless word for it, and eagerly, at their cue, you'll irrationally, self-righteously clamor--with the rest of your zombie comrades in your Nazi leftard hivemind crowd--for your Nazi leftard leaders to take further Nazi leftard aggressive actions against him.

MAGA (Masking All Gullible Apes)