Oxford University has produced a covid-19 vaccine.

eider

Initial results are very positive, the vaccine appears to be safe, although very much more research is needed.
The Brit Government has already ordered 100 million doses.

[h=3]Coronavirus: Oxford vaccine triggers immune response - BBC ...[/h] www.bbc.co.uk › news
59 mins ago - Study shows the vaccine is safe, but it is still too soon to know if it can stop people from being infected.

[h=3]Coronavirus: Oxford University vaccine 'induces immune ...[/h] news.sky.com › story › coronavirus-oxford-university-...
1 hour ago - A coronavirus vaccine being developed at the University of Oxford is safe and induces an immune response to the disease, the first phase of ...

eider

Well, I suppose all the anti-mask-corona-is-a-hoax people won't be interested in the vaccine.

They'll be racing to the front of any queues, I reckon....... :D

It still will not be ready until late autumn, and that's if all further tests give good results.
Tonight we heard that where test patients have received a second vaccination that this seems to increase protection still further.

Let's keep on hoping,........

Arthur Brain

They'll be racing to the front of any queues, I reckon....... :D

It still will not be ready until late autumn, and that's if all further tests give good results.
Tonight we heard that where test patients have received a second vaccination that this seems to increase protection still further.

Let's keep on hoping,........

These folk who are throwing hissy fits over wearing masks are bizarre...

Let's hope this is indeed effective.

eider

These folk who are throwing hissy fits over wearing masks are bizarre...

Let's hope this is indeed effective.

It's worth trying....... because if masks are of no use then the sickness is just going to spiral out of control, and we haven't got the money left to lock the country down again. It's as simple as that........

Any hissy fit throwers can stay indoors, and any who flout our laws here will get fined, and fined again....... I wonder of we would tag repeat offenders?

The vaccine looks possible......... let's hope so. We need to try and get up again and that's going to be very hard even if the sickness ended completely today.

I wonder if Guinness might be an effective protection? I will try it and let you know. All in the cause of science, of course. :D