States that did not lock down fared better than neighbors

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
From https://www.northsidesun.com/column...n-fared-better-neighbors#sthash.1RVXgU0R.dpbs

lockdown.JPG

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Shouldn't the other 43 states be following the example of these seven states?

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned

the statistics you cited were from May 20, 2020. Think maybe the numbers have changed???? And there are differences in population density (an apparently the science IQ) between states that might have an impact.
And then I read the whole article, the guy is a moron.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
the statistics you cited were from May 20, 2020. Think maybe the numbers have changed????

As you point out, stats cited in the OP were from May 20, and he numbers have changed quite a bit over the past month and a half. Take Arkansas, for example. Look where Arkansas was around May 22nd, compared to today:

Last edited:

way 2 go

As you point out, stats cited in the OP were from May 20. The numbers have changed quite a bit over the past month and a half. Take Arkansas, for example.Look where Arkansas was on May 22nd, compared to today:

riots and looting don't protect you from the wuhan

eider

Just wait another month..........
You can reassure us all then about how right you are.

But if the sickness takes off across your country then you'd better remember stuff you're saying now.

We're going to suffer 'payback' as well for opening up. (UK). We need a vaccine and without it we are in for bad trouble ahead.

chair

We're going to suffer 'payback' as well for opening up. (UK). We need a vaccine and without it we are in for bad trouble ahead.

Here in Israel we are already having that "payback". We did great controlling it at first, then opened up too quickly and without proper preparation, and things got out of control again. They aren't quite as bad as they look, since there is a lot more testing going on, and more asymptomatic infected people are being found, but the numbers are going in a bad direction (hospitalizations increasing, which means the problem is real). So restrictions are going back into place.

I expect much of Europe will be seeing a resurgence in cases in a few weeks, especially as people start travelling for vacation.

This is a battle for the long haul, and we as societies need to face up to that. We need to find a middle road that will allow us to have a near-normal life with livable levels of infection. For example: restaurants might have to run at half-capacity, and in order to make that economically feasible, clients may have to pay more for their meals. Likewise for flights.

We had a parallel situation here years ago, when terrorists were in the habit of blowing up restaurants. Often. The government required restaurants to have guards, and a few shekel were added to your bill to finance it.

eider

Can't it be a drug? Does it HAVE to be a vaccine?

I only know what the medics tell us, but for viral infections we need to deter them with vaccinations.
For bacteria infections like bubonic plague antibiotics can defend against these.

We are going to be in so much trouble, we did our best, have spent our funds, and now have no alternative but to open up services,. commerce, travel, industry, retail, hotels, cafes etc or we will be crashing on to deep depression.

We need a vaccine and will have to risk payback on negative effects of it, I reckon.

There are no experts, no winners on this one, nor political angles.... It's bad.
​​​​​

eider

Here in Israel we are already having that "payback". We did great controlling it at first, then opened up too quickly and without proper preparation, and things got out of control again. They aren't quite as bad as they look, since there is a lot more testing going on, and more asymptomatic infected people are being found, but the numbers are going in a bad direction (hospitalizations increasing, which means the problem is real). So restrictions are going back into place.

I expect much of Europe will be seeing a resurgence in cases in a few weeks, especially as people start travelling for vacation.

This is a battle for the long haul, and we as societies need to face up to that. We need to find a middle road that will allow us to have a near-normal life with livable levels of infection. For example: restaurants might have to run at half-capacity, and in order to make that economically feasible, clients may have to pay more for their meals. Likewise for flights.

We had a parallel situation here years ago, when terrorists were in the habit of blowing up restaurants. Often. The government required restaurants to have guards, and a few shekel were added to your bill to finance it.

All the best.. :)
Our Boris and his team did their best, they could not have known that the sickness would survive well in summer heat.

But now we must kick start our economy and face this killer by other means. The opposition party is moaning but that is pointless. It ain't political
:)

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Can't it be a drug? Does it HAVE to be a vaccine?

A drug would only treat the disease. A vaccine would make you immune and keep you from getting the disease in the first place.

Also, drugs are toxic and can have adverse side effects including organ damage and failure. Vaccines can have side effects as well, but they are usually safer than drugs.

Last edited:

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
A vaccine would make you immune and keep you from getting the disease in the first place.

Then, by all means, feel free to go get yourself a shot, Doc. That way, you've nothing to worry about, and so you can get off everybody else's case, and start minding your own business.:)

7djengo7

I was referring to your own business, Adolf.

Oh? Why did you not indicate that you were, when you were?

Feel free to mind it, as you have advised others.

I guarantee you I, for one, will not be calling for anybody to be forced to be "vaccinated", nor for anybody to be forced to wear a mask: those are things what Nazi leftards seek to do--not what rationally thinking, morally behaving people who prefer to mind their own business, do, or seek to do.

7djengo7

No one in this forum is forcing you to do anything, Hop Sing. Don't want vaccinations? Be my guest. Don't want to wear a mask? Go for it.

LOL

You don't read too well. Where did I say someone in this forum is forcing me to do something? That's right: nowhere.

Several self-righteous Nazi leftard clucks in this forum are praising the attempts (made by the Nazi leftard politicians whom they revere) at forcing people to do certain things/have certain things done to them against their will.

Would you like to say that politicians--do not force/attempt to force people to do things/have things done to them against their will?

So, what (if any) point were you trying to make?