Joe Biden says he would force everyone to wear masks in public

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
You know you've won the debate when all your opponent has left are insults and mockery.

User Name, try to tell us exactly how you imagine that the state can, without using violence or a threat thereof, cause people to hand over their wealth to the state against their will. Have fun. :)

User Name, try to tell us exactly how you imagine that the state can, without using violence or a threat thereof, cause people to wear yellow star badges against their will. Have fun. :)

Arthur Brain

I know. Well, all that Arthur Brain has had all along is nothing but insults and mockery, so, naturally, that's all he has left. Thanks for the brilliant insight! :)

Rather, observation. When someone is either immature or clueless enough to use a term such as "Nazi leftard" then they've revealed their hand already. They're either a troll, a highly juvenile and ignorant adult or a kid with a lot of growing up to do. That's it. There's no justifiable reason for a mature and rational adult to behave as you do.

Arthur Brain

Arthur Brain, try to tell us exactly how you imagine that the state can, without using violence or a threat thereof, cause people to hand over their wealth to the state against their will. Have fun. :)

Arthur Brain, try to tell us exactly how you imagine that the state can, without using violence or a threat thereof, cause people to wear yellow star badges against their will. Have fun. :)

Hey, don't wear a mask and have fun yourself. While you're at it, don't pay any bills, drive as fast as you like in any built up area (assuming you're old enough to drive) and break as many laws as you want and have fun yourself while you're at it.

(This is sarcasm in case it's somehow not recognized and confused with advocating criminal activity...)

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
I'll bet Trump is wearing a mask just so all the Trump derangement syndrome wackos will stop wearing them. :rotfl:

7djengo7

Arthur Brain, try to tell us exactly how you imagine that the state can, without using violence or a threat thereof, cause people to hand over their wealth to the state against their will. Have fun. :)
Arthur Brain, try to tell us exactly how you imagine that the state can, without using violence or a threat thereof, cause people to wear yellow star badges against their will. Have fun. :)

<NO ANSWER>

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If you want to mandate that people wear a mask, why post a video that supports my view? It said they ordered masks to be worn back in the pandemic of 1917-1920... and masks didn't help much then, either.

The video also came to the conclusion that we have to "stop this idea of rugged individualism", which doesn't follow from the premises they set. Even further, it's impossible to be safe under a government that eschews individualism from most aspects of life. Is that what you want?

I am standing on facts and concern for public health.
Since you can't stand on the scientific papers you cited, which support my view, what facts are you standing on? And, if you don't understand logic, I also stand on my concern for public health.

I can't convince somebody who has decided that Masks Are Evil- it's become a delusional religious belief.
Can you quote where I said masks are evil?

Can you quote where I think they don't help much *because of* religious belief?

7djengo7

Can you quote where I said masks are evil?

It is, of course, the understanding of rationally-thinking persons like you and I that saying (as we say) that it is evil for people to use violence (or a threat thereof) to force other people (those who won't swallow the propaganda) to wear masks against their will is a very different thing from saying (as we have never said) that masks are evil. This distinction, as we understand, is an obvious, elementary truth.

TOL's Nazi leftards, however, pretend not to notice--or, perhaps, are really so stupid as being incapable of noticing--that masks, themselves, are not one and the same thing as use of violence to force people to wear masks against their will.

We do not say that
  • masks are evil.
  • wearing masks is evil.
Rather, we say that
  • using violence, or a threat of violence, to force people to wear masks against their will is evil.
  • advocating using violence, or a threat of violence, to cause people to wear masks against their will is evil.
So, why is it that TOL's Nazi leftards choose to lie about us by claiming that we think/say that masks, themselves, are evil?

chair

Why is it OK for the government to FORCE citizens to stop at red lights, pay taxes, and serve in the military- but not to wear masks?

7djengo7

Yes, I realize that I should only read those few studies that show that masks are not effective- otherwise I am guilty of confirmation bias, but I insist on stupidly reading other ones as well.

Here, you showcase the fundamental, inherent, irrational stupidity of your so-called "scientific" mindset. On the one hand, you would say that some studies SHOW that "masks are effective", whereas, on the other hand, you say, here, that some studies SHOW that "masks are not effective".

The propositions, "masks are effective" and "masks are not effective", are mutually contradictory. That being the case, one of them must be true, and the other must be false. According to your so-called "scientific" mindset, "science" has SHOWN BOTH that "masks are effective" AND that "masks are not effective".

Since you say that some "studies...show that masks are not effective", then why do you refuse to accept--and why do you loudly deny--that masks are not effective? You say those studies SHOW something, yet you loudly contradict the very thing you say they SHOW! Why do you refuse to accept what you, yourself, say studies SHOW?

According to your fundamentally irrational, so-called "scientific" mindset, the irrational thinking you call "science" can, and does SHOW falsehood just as it SHOWS truth.

Rationally-thinking persons, however, will never say that one, or more, studies SHOW, or could SHOW, that which is false. That is, where the proposition, P, is false, no study will ever/could ever SHOW that P. Where the proposition, 'No cat has less than 10 legs' is false, no study will ever/could ever SHOW that no cat has less than 10 legs.
  • Rationally-thinking persons will never think/say that one, or more, studies SHOW that "masks are not effective" WHILE thinking/saying that it is false that "masks are not effective". (But this is what you are saying, above.)
  • Rationally-thinking persons will never think/say that one, or more, studies SHOW that "masks are effective" WHILE thinking/saying that it is false that "masks are effective".
In short, if you consider it to be true that "masks are effective", your thinking is irrational if you think that something SHOWS--or even COULD SHOW--in contradiction to what you consider to be true, that "masks are not effective".

7djengo7

Why is it OK for the government to FORCE citizens to stop at red lights, pay taxes, and serve in the military- but not to wear masks?

Ah....thank you for conceding the point, that it is only by violence, or a threat of violence, that people can get other people to wear masks against their will.

Why is it OK for the government to FORCE citizens to stop at red lights, pay taxes, and serve in the military- but not to wear [yellow star badges]?
Why is it OK for the government to FORCE citizens to stop at red lights, pay taxes, and serve in the military- but not to wear [Mickey Mouse costumes]?

Had Hitler's "Third Reich" forced people to wear masks, I wonder: Would you be advocating that it was "OK" for him to do so, or would you be denouncing his having done so?

chair

Ah....thank you for conceding the point, that it is only by violence, or a threat of violence, that people can get other people to wear masks against their will.

Had Hitler's "Third Reich" forced people to wear masks, I wonder: Would you be advocating that it was "OK" for him to do so, or would you be denouncing his having done so?

Sorry, I don't engage in conversation with people like you.
Have a nice day!

7djengo7

Sorry, I don't engage in conversation with people like you.
Have a nice day!

Wait....what do you mean by "people like you"? Oh, right: People who, like me, consistently embarrass you by asking questions and levelling objections against your irrationality and hypocrisy--questions and objections that you and I both well know you have not a snowball's chance in hell of ever even trying to answer without embarrassing yourself yet more than you've already embarrassed yourself by the things you've said in the first place to have provoked my questions and objections.

But yeah...I've already, long-since noticed that you're not willing to engage in conversation with me: you never have been willing to do so. Rather, you simply write sullen, snotty post after sullen, snotty post in your arrogant, self-righteous, angry reaction to what I've written, all the while persistently stonewalling against my questions and objections, and then handing me your emotional appeals in order to try to distract attention from your pathetic failure to come up with arguments.

The fact that you have repeatedly called me "nasty", even long before I ever used the phrase, "Nazi leftard", and yet, you accuse me of speaking abusively of you by calling you a "Nazi leftard", whereas you have not the slightest conscience against speaking abusively against me by calling me "nasty", and other things....by that, alone, if you'd done nothing else on TOL, manifests you to be the glaring hypocrite that you are.

Have fun continuing on in your chagrin that you (as you and I both understand) have totally failed to defend your many and varied irrational stupidities against the truth and rational criticism that I have leveled against them!

7djengo7

<NO ANSWER>

LOL @ u can't say why you think it would be wrong for Hitler to force people to wear masks against their will, but not wrong for Biden to force people to do the same.

:flamer: